You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

He will leave them better off . Silly to think otherwise. That said it won’t be enough to appease many Bloos . Their long term future depends on who comes in after Ancelotti as they need stability and time to build a proper team 

Anything could happen really. Saying he's going to leave them better off is the same as saying he's going to fail. Nobody knows how it will pan out. 

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

That's all well and good, but why would building a stadium on the Mersey make all these random tourists come to the city? It'll still be Everton inside. Nobody will want to go near them and there's no romanticism to a new stadium. Some people come to anfield because it's anfield. BMD will be no different as the Emirates, Etihad or spurs stadium, it won't attract random tourists, it'll attract only fans. It will have an initial attraction but as soon as it's no longer shiny and new, it becomes nothing. Man City are playing 35 miles away, with billions pumped into their team and winning at an unprecedented level, yet they give the tickets away and still can't fill the joint. BMD will do fuck all for the city, unless of course chippy tits lends them the money and takes the city towards bankruptcy. 

Obviously, they'd need a decent team first and foremost

They haven't had a decent manager since Kendall first time round. Ancelloti is the best they've been able to attract in 30 years so it's a good move by them.

Even then it's going to be incredibly hard for them to get funding for the stadium; get good players and be consistent

I'm not going to lose any sleep if they fail... it'll probably be quite funny but if they can challenge for 4-6 it will be good for the city, in my opinion.

They're a bigger club than the Abu Dhabi Mancs so should be able to fill the place on a regular basis. Ferries from LLandudno, Rhyll and Prestatyn would help

We all know they're mental with some seriously deranged whoppers but we have some bad scum following us, it's just the way it is. The vast majority of BS are reasonably normal, reasonably sane people... they won't be challenging us in the foreseeable future; pat them on the head, tell them you're happy for them in their shiny new stadium.. we're world champions, the Anny Rd is soon to be done, hopefully, we might win the League

It's Christmas, Peace & Goodwill to our unfortunate brethren in blue

All their Christmases have come at once they seem to think, keep thinking it.

The reality will hopefully be as funny as they usually are. Watched BBC News Northwest last night and they had a piece on him winning the same amount of CL’s as Liverpool and the two Manc clubs managers put together, must be a few blues on there. Reality check, he has won none at Everton, and never will.

11 hours ago, mattyq said:

They did a study in 2011 and tourism contributed over 10% of the regions revenue. Almost £2 billion.

It'll be a lot more now

Football is responsible for about 30% of this with the vast majority LFC related

If Everton can increase their share we're talking billions of pounds coming into the city over 4 or 5 years

Call me old fashioned but I think this is a good thing for the City

Tourism?

Kopite behaviour that.

26 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Obviously, they'd need a decent team first and foremost

They haven't had a decent manager since Kendall first time round. Ancelloti is the best they've been able to attract in 30 years so it's a good move by them.

Even then it's going to be incredibly hard for them to get funding for the stadium; get good players and be consistent

I'm not going to lose any sleep if they fail... it'll probably be quite funny but if they can challenge for 4-6 it will be good for the city, in my opinion.

They're a bigger club than the Abu Dhabi Mancs so should be able to fill the place on a regular basis. Ferries from LLandudno, Rhyll and Prestatyn would help

We all know they're mental with some seriously deranged whoppers but we have some bad scum following us, it's just the way it is. The vast majority of BS are reasonably normal, reasonably sane people... they won't be challenging us in the foreseeable future; pat them on the head, tell them you're happy for them in their shiny new stadium.. we're world champions, the Anny Rd is soon to be done, hopefully, we might win the League

It's Christmas, Peace & Goodwill to our unfortunate brethren in blue

Here's the thing though, if it's to be a benefit for the city, it needs people from round the world to give a shit about them not just wales and I don't think that will happen. They don't give a shit about City and it would seem unlikely Everton will match them in football terms. I don't think they will fill a 52k ground. They fill theirs today because half their adults are still going on kids tickets, but to pay for that ground ticket prices will not just have to go up, they'll not sell them all as kids tickets. They're just not an attraction. There's more chance of them bankrupting the city by failing to pay for the council loan than there is of them being a tourist hit. If they get their money from private investors, sound, maybe they'll come good and the city will benefit. However, it would seem unlikely a private investor would loan them £500m for a stadium when Newcastle can't find an investor for their entire club at £300m. I'm fucked if my city should be put at risk some Iranians vanity project. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I thought the loan from the Council was a non-starter after the treasury hiked the interest rate from 1.8% to 2.8%?

It should never have even been on the table, like Finch Farm. Who would build them a stadium? They will spend more money they haven’t got in January to add to a large shite squad of players they won’t be able to shift. Usmanov has nothing to gain other than helping his mate. There are far better options out there as some have mentioned. Makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I'm not sure how they fill Woodison, looks full on the tele, but I've met a few bluenoses out here in Long Beach, CA. It's not much, they don't have their own bar or supporters club as far as I know but I've definitely seen them turn up at the Liverpool bar for the derby.

Was it Sly and Dame Judy!

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Was it Sly and Dame Judy!

Pretty sure I'd tell Rocky to get bent, I'm surprised Ms. Dench is still with the living to be honest. They do have fans, few and far between but they got them. The red mancs probably still have the biggest support opposite us out here. Spurs showed up for the final.

Just now, Saintslfc13 said:

Pretty sure I'd tell Rocky to get bent, I'm surprised Ms. Dench is still with the living to be honest. They do have fans, few and far between but they got them. The red mancs probably still have the biggest support opposite us out here. Spurs showed up for the final.

Nice to know they’re represented outside of Rhyl. 

It's a lot of spanish support which is actually quite odd. My father is Mexican but never got into football (his dad died when he was 10, which was 1950). We have a lot of other Mexicans and they all have their Liga MX teams, usually Chivas or America, but the lot of them are also Madrid or Barca fans. Never seen more barca flags flying then I did after the 3-0, but we all know how that ended.

• Upvote 3

Don't know where they are going to get all this money from for Ancelotti to sign all these players either.

Their revenues are tiny and shrinking, they must be close to being in breach of FFP regs.

And all this is before a brick is paid for for the unicorn arena.

http://financialfootballnews.com/everton-fcs-2019-finances-predicted/

• Upvote 1