You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Totally agree with that, but genuinely think they should be careful what they wish for with regards to a new stadium anyway. There’s a few clubs who’ve struggled after building a new ground. I see Wenger has finally come out and said Arsenal left their soul at Highbury, which has been obvious for some time.

The Dell is another one. Used to be a right cunt to play at. Tiny pitch, fans right up on top of you, 30 plus years Southampton were a constant in the top flight, and regularly used to beat top clubs down there. Relegated pretty quick after building St Mary’s, and effectively have Faithless playing at kick off to try and build an atmosphere.

In a parallel universe where one of these stadium wheezes they keep being sold did actually exist and come off, you could see plenty of reasons for it turning out to have been a terrible idea. Whether luck, design, penny-pinching or otherwise, I often thank fuck FSG decided to keep the club at Anfield.

Yeah, I agree new grounds don't always work out. They are hamstrung there (hospitality and obstructed views). But I do wonder what would happen if they just tried to refit the thing and use all the space behind the park end and do their own "loft conversion"

I agree, I'm made up we stayed at anfield. And I'm ok with the idea even if it was penny pinching. But we do need to get on and finish it - in fact imo it should be finished now. Get the road end done. Then work out what could be done with the kop with an eye on rail seating down the line. We stand up every match now, we might as well do it safely. 

5 hours ago, scudger99 said:
GwladysBlue

GwladysBlue

Player Valuation: £70m
The aim at Everton is to surely be challenging for the league title by the time we play our first game at BMD, otherwise why spend all this money and bring in a top manager?

They really do set themselves up for a massive fall, don't they ?

It was interesting, I had that Sunday supplement shite on a podcast in the car earlier. They were talking about Everton have hired and champions League winning manager and you don't do that unless you plan to get into the top 4 and challenge for the champions League. Perhaps hiring ancelotti is where the press stop giving them such an easy time.

What Carlo said and what they read. 

"The goal is there to reach the Champions League or Europa League," said 60-year-old Ancelotti.

"We will finish top four this season and win the Champions League next season"

"Winning honours has to be the dream. I am here to try to do this."

"We will win the FA Cup this season and the Premiership next season"

He added: "It takes time. It's not going to happen straight away but, working together, we have to try to do it as soon as possible."

"It will happen straight away"

"I'm really excited," said Ancelotti. "This is a club with a lot of ambition, a great history.

"I'm really excited, this is the best club I've managed and they are rich"

"The squad is good. Of course, I am here to work to improve the team and put better quality into the squad. I'll try to do my best.

"The squad is better than the red shites and with a few world class signings in January we will beat the red shite"

"Our goal is to be competitive in the Premier League, to be towards the top of the table, to be competitive in Europe."

"We will win the Champions League and Premier League very soon"

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Article in The Athletic about the lengths they’re preparing to go to to keep Carlo happy. 

First club to import the finest Italian red wine for the manager to drown his sorrows in. 

Red wine, red wine! Carlo out!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Article in The Athletic about the lengths they’re preparing to go to to keep Carlo happy. 

First club to import the finest Italian red wine for the manager to drown his sorrows in. 

Got a cut and paste for that?  Can put it in the MF Athletic thread.

10 hours ago, scudger99 said:
GwladysBlue

GwladysBlue

The aim at Everton is to surely be challenging for the league title by the time we play our first game at BMD, otherwise why spend all this money and bring in a top manager?

I believe this.

I believe the timelines for them winning the title and opening a stadium at Bramley Moore Dock are about the same.

• Upvote 7

Not content with weaponising a football tragedy, our Bloo mutant cousins now want to half-jokingly weaponise racism. You can’t help but feel old DaveK is testing the water.

davek

davek

This season's PL should be scrapped in order to eradicate the racism problem.

A blank in the record books where the season's record should be would serve to underline the stance taken.

davek

davek

How many signatures do we need Davek? Sign me up!
It's for the best. Surely no football fan would protest such an idea?