You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

This is why many of them will never be happy.  It's not seen a top class manager who has an uphill battle that will take time to even achieve moderate improvement.  They're going to smash everything and win the lot with their new Godfather.

They'll be calling for a horse's head to be put in the Godfather's bed by the end of the 20/21 season when they still haven't won anything and are still miles behind us.  It doesn't matter how good Ancelotti is, their squad is shite.  No mass turd polishing happening at Goodison any time soon.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

If he goes there he's going to flop, then in true mafia style he'll just walk away and take whatever money they have left with him. The sun will set on an exotic beach with some hot bird sucking his red knob whilst Everton will be left well and truly in the Blues. 

11 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Rakti

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
I agree that they almost certainly think of us as a small, no hoper club.

Which will make it sweeter when we smash everything and win the lot with our new Godfather.
I remember the 80s and probably the memories cloud my judgement. The media obviously don't harbour the same memories but there's still a lack of recognition for our achievements. They go on about Clough and Forest more than us.

They go on about Forest because they were actually champions of europe,twice and even Villa were once. Everton won a now defunct european trophy that most have forgotten even existed.

8 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

If he goes there he's going to flop, then in true mafia style he'll just walk away and take whatever money they have left with him. The sun will set on an exotic beach with some hot bird sucking his red knob whilst Everton will be left well and truly in the Blues. 

Red knob blue balls. Everton dry bummed again. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Butch said:

Red knob blue balls. 

On a side note, how do Everton fans cope in life due to their hatred of the colour red? Must be in utter turmoil most of the time. 

8 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Ancelotti is a brilliant appointment for them, and I reckon he would only go there if they’ve given him assurances on spending and transfer funds. There’s no guarantees in the game, but appointing one of the most decorated managers over the last 20 years is pretty exciting, no matter who you are. This vanity appointment stuff is ridiculous, but I would be the same if I was one of their fans after all the over excitement at false dawns they’ve had.

Good luck to them. Hopefully they will enjoy it a bit for once.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Some Bloo helmet on BBC Breakfast has just said (twice) "we've only got three years left at Goodison Park".

You can make a statement like that once construction is underway. It's a wee bit too early to say it before you have planning consent, land, finance or designs.

Spades in the ground in 60 days mate, Uncle Uzzy finances it

Pick your head up off the floor

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Think i read it needs to be in by the end of the year or the first week of next.

From what I remember reading about it Monday was mentioned. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Blue Monday. 23rd Dec.

Ahhh, this is no doubt their Xmas pressie to their fans being as they did nothing worthy to merit a DVD. 

18 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

On a side note, how do Everton fans cope in life due to their hatred of the colour red? Must be in utter turmoil most of the time. 

I got into trouble with this. When my lad was about 4, he watched the derby game with me and asked who the team in blue was- I told him they were Everton and they were rubbish.

A couple of days later, I got home from work to a rather annoyed wife- my lad had refused to get dressed in the morning because he didn't want to wear his (blue) jeans. He'd also embarrassed her when they were walking through the car park by saying that a (blue) car was rubbish in earshot of the owner, who gave her a funny look. And that was on the back of a fairly throwaway comment, I can only imagine the brainwashing that goes on in some of the more 'zealous' households.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Blue Monday. 23rd Dec.

Wonder if thats what the Ancelotti announcement is being delayed for. Announce him and under the radar hold planning permission for another look at the proposal and size etc. Or maybe they just announce both on same day

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Mudface said:

I got into trouble with this. When my lad was about 4, he watched the derby game with me and asked who the team in blue was- I told him they were Everton and they were rubbish.

A couple of days later, I got home from work to a rather annoyed wife- my lad had refused to get dressed in the morning because he didn't want to wear his (blue) jeans. He'd also embarrassed her when they were walking through the car park by saying that a (blue) car was rubbish in earshot of the owner, who gave her a funny look. And that was on the back of a fairly throwaway comment, I can only imagine the brainwashing that goes on in some of the more 'zealous' households.

Certainly some strange folk about. 

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yeah. He's 4.

What's their excuse?

• Upvote 1