You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

12 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

League Champions

1891, 1915, 1928, 1932, 1939, 1963, 1970, 1985, 1987

League Runners-Up

1890, 1895, 1902, 1905, 1909, 1912, 1986

(Old) Division Two Champions

(Old) Division Two Runners-up

FA Cup Winners

1906, 1933, 1966, 1984, 1995

FA Cup Finalists

1893, 1897, 1907, 1968, 1985, 1986, 1989, 2009

League Cup Finalists

1977, 1984

European Cup Winners Cup Winners

FA Charity Shield Winners

1928, 1933, 1963, 1970, 1984, 1985, 1986 (shared), 1987, 1995

FA Youth Cup Winners

1965, 1984, 1998

FA Youth Cup Finalists

1961, 1977, 1983, 2002

You missed out the 1986 European cup. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

The blue on City Talk this morning saying napoli aren't as big as everton.

Stop sniggering at the back!

In the time that everton last won the league (87) and FA cup (95) Napoli have won:

League x 2
Coppa Italia x 3
Super coppa x 2
Uefa Cup x 1

Their current UEFA coefficient is 80 points. Everton's is 17 points.

Yeah but Maradona wouldn't have lived with Sheedy in the 80's 

7 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm actually happy for my blue nose mates they're smiling about football again. It could go wrong but it could go so very right. He's a world class manager isn't that what everyone hopes for when they're getting a new manager. It's a great move for them. I think psychologically it will give the whole club a boost.

Rivelry is a good thing but the hatred between some of the younger fans "on both sides mind" is just horrible and tasteless. Both clubs are in the same city and the city gets enough shite thrown at it from outsiders. We should be sticking together. 

I don't mind Everton at all except when we play them but that's the same for any other side we face. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

After being sacked by Bayern Munich in September 2017, new Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti secretly confided in journalists that his dream job was the Liverpool one and that it was a club he has always admired. [Calciomercato]

What better people to secretly confide in?

• Upvote 4

Arl arse on Ferguson if he gets announced on the pitch before the game. I think they would be better off giving him the job. No way Ancelotti is staying there more than 18 months. If he is there next summer and a big job comes up he will be out of there like a rat out of an aqueduct. 

4 hours ago, Butch said:

Rivelry is a good thing but the hatred between some of the younger fans "on both sides mind" is just horrible and tasteless. Both clubs are in the same city and the city gets enough shite thrown at it from outsiders. We should be sticking together. 

I don't mind Everton at all except when we play them but that's the same for any other side we face. 

Exactly, I'd much rather us and Everton kept getting in the way of the Manc and London clubs. 

25 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

He'll be at the match tomorrow i think? And announced on monday? Maybe Moshiri will have him appear out of a giant christmas present. Or a giant christmas cracker like on Alan Partridge. 

Hope he's kept the gift receipt for bramley moore dock though. 

Someone said he’ll be announced when we’re about to kick off tomorrow or better yet, if we win it, this has dragged on for a week now though so it’s old news before he’s been actually been announced. 

If I was a Blue I'd be ecstatic at the thought of Ancelloti coming. There's obviously no guarantee of success, but that applies to anyone taking that job.

After the dross they've been served up for 20 odd years, getting him in would seem like a fantasy.

He is without doubt in the top 5 best managers of the last 20 years, so it would be a no brainer for Evertonians.

The alternatives being Moyes, Big Drunc, Eddie Howe or Arteta.

Wouldnt put it past Everton to fuck it all up mind, but they had to go for him.

I bet there's a fair few Gunners who would rather have him than Arteta.

If Bill is still producing these things he’ll be brought onto the pitch tomorrow amidst a rendition of Eye of the Tiger and a firework display (yes, I know kick off is 12.30pm but when has Bill ever let a small thing like daylight get in the way of a performance), and then announce that Carlo has promised him the Champions League trophy. Stallone and Bellew will provide support.