You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

This looks like it will happen. It's a great appointment for Everton, that's the bottom line. Good for them.

That being said, he's coming off a failure at Bayern Munich and a failure at Napoli. And he's coming to a club who on paper has at best the 7th best squad in the league, and realistically probably the 9th best.

Will there be space for them to infiltrate the top 4 next season? Most likely not. And then we'll see what the expectations will be. Given his CV, I'm sure they won't be too high and the supporters will realize this is the toughest job he's ever had. That's sarcasm, by the way, he'll be labelled a fraud if he doesn't win trophies or finish in the top 4 by the end of next season. 

The great thing about him though, is that he'll get good players to join. We'll see who they can attract. 

10 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

You've spent a huge amount of money to purchase the player.

So the choice is either develop him into a useful member of the squad, or sell him.

Why reduce that resale value by treating him in such a humiliating way?

Dumb and cuntish, in equal measure.

He's turned the weans against us.. https://youtu.be/RkuWrmxN7hg

12 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Ballague backtracking now. Lol.

Oh I fucking hope this is true. That would mean he jumps about Simeone as 3rd highest paid and its over 13ml a year. He'll be booted after 18 months and they'll have to pay him off. He's not had a long term job in years

Fair’s fair, he’d be the best manager they’ve ever had. His day has almost certainly gone at the very top, but he has a level of gravitas, know how, draw and class which would seriously help them as a club. 

They’ve had a lot of bluffers and never weres through the door there, so even if he proves to be a has been, there’s still plenty he’ll bring which will help them and he’s a world away from Moyes, Silva, Bobby Brown Shoes or Fat Sam in the credibility stakes.

Few papers saying they’ve talked to Ralf Rangnick again. If they’re wise that’s the signing, even more so than Ancelotti because he’s spent years helping to restructure and modernise clubs, but you’d think that would step right on Brandalf’s toes, unless Moshiri’s having him whacked as well as Silva.

The fans will turn against him just 3 weeks into the job. He'll be bigging the new World Champions up before the FA Cup Derby and saying that Jurgen is the best in the World. There'll be a love in between Jurgen and Carlo and all their heads will fall off. They won't be able to handle a classy fella like Ancelooti (my new nickname for him) speaking of us and our manager so highly.

5 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Ballague backtracking now. Lol.

Mosh: Would you like to be the next manager of Everton FC? 

Anc: Never heard of the cunts. 

Mosh: Shut up and take all my money! 

Anc: Shut up and grab my tits! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Huge for them if it happens. Immediately people outside of the UK will know that they exist and there's two clubs in liverpool. He will attract better players. Fuck knows how Everton hit FFP though pukka pie sponsorships can't be that high.

It's less the sponsorship pukka provide and more the 3% of every pie sold in the ground they channel back to the the club.Joe-Anderson-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Well he's certainly better than Moyes, you'd imagine a manager of that calibre would be able to get the best out of the players they have too. I mean Napoli had our number under Ancelotti. 

Which may be the answer for Moshiri, they certainly don't have the megabucks to spend this time around and when compared to player fees a manager's fee is tiny. I'd enjoy their new manager bounce against City as long as it has worn off by the time we play them in the cup.

It's like giving Lewis Hamilton one of those old 80s orange skodas and making him race in it, he wouldn't win but boy would that car never have been driven so well. Shame the engine would blow and the wheels fall off.

They're going to be even more unbearable and delusional for the next few days, until reality slaps them as it often does. Good luck to them though if they snagged him as he's far too good for them. 

How long before the bitters make some tenuous link between Ranieri taking over at Leicester and them winning the title and Ancelotti taking over at Everton and them storming it next year? I bet it's already being put forward as a genuine prospect. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

The fans will turn against him just 3 weeks into the job. He'll be bigging the new World Champions up before the FA Cup Derby and saying that Jurgen is the best in the World. There'll be a love in between Jurgen and Carlo and all their heads will fall off. They won't be able to handle a classy fella like Ancelooti (my new nickname for him) speaking of us and our manager so highly.

I've been saying that - no way with Carlo be bigging up the Liverpool hatred