You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Duncan Ferguson in his press conference sounding like Tony Bellew saying "it is what it is" about 30 times. Apparently he made the squad watch the 1995 Cup Final to motivate them. Should just play Rocky in the changing rooms and get everyone on the beak too.

26 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Apparently he made the squad watch the 1995 Cup Final to motivate them.

That’s fantastic.

Everton used to be a serious club who even now are the 4th most successful English side in terms of titles won, and he plays a video of them scrapping their way to a win as underdogs just because he played in it.

Guaranteed the players have spent the past few days asking each other “Who is Pierluigi Collina?”

1 hour ago, belarus said:

I remember my cousin, who is a red, applying for the Everton job years ago as a lad for a laugh. I’m remembering that they placed an ad in the Echo for it, but may be mistaken with that bit.

Anyway, he cited his achievements on Championship Manager, listing his honours and notable moments, and Everton sent him an official letter headed reply back. We laughed at them at the time, but looking back, they were being nice and showing decency. I like that. Stuff like that made Liverpool and Everton feel different than everywhere else. A 2 team city where the fans were actually alike.

It’s shite now.

That's a real touch of class by them. To be fair, because of the sizeable proportion of knobheads (a healthy minority) they have you forget about the rest of them. 

42 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Richarlison went to some Everton event in pre season and they got him up on stage, the presenter asked him a few questions about being an Evertonian.

Then Richarlison spoke in broken English "I know about Clive Thomas" and the place erupted into cheers.

It's the way he tells 'em.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

Had to laugh at the commentary on BT, that Everton performance was synonymous with Duncan Ferguson, everything he was as a player........they’re rewriting history to suit their narrative when really Chelsea were just shite.

Only saw the last 10 minutes. But from what the radio commentary sounded like, it was exactly that. They just kicked the shit out of Chelsea and the ref let them away with it. 

Nah, Chelsea were soft and couldn't mount a direct attack if their lives depended on it, offered nothing to turn the defence (or even the midifeld).  Everton deserved that today.

They were still throwing themselves to the floort to break things up as much as possible, the ref swallowed that shite whole as normal, but they weren't particularly rough.

• Upvote 1

Good on them. My birds was welling up at the end there. Just give it Dunc interim and see how he does. Whole stadium singing his name at the end and he showed a lot of passion throughout. I think he threw a ballboy about 50 yards when the second went in. He came across well in his interview yesterday and all. 

They are still fucking shit like. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Good on them. My birds was welling up at the end there. Just give it Dunc interim and see how he does. Whole stadium singing his name at the end and he showed a lot of passion throughout. I think he threw a ballboy about 50 years when the second went in. He came across well in his interview yesterday and all. 

Fucking hell

Not eating meat is one thing, but praising them and bigging up Drunken

This will be you next week

tenor.gif

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Good on them. My birds was welling up at the end there. Just give it Dunc interim and see how he does. Whole stadium singing his name at the end and he showed a lot of passion throughout. I think he threw a ballboy about 50 years when the second went in. He came across well in his interview yesterday and all. 

Would be dead funny if he got it....he could easily win a few games just on passion and having them up for it and of course that then feeds belief....but that would die off after a while and then they would be fucked with a manager in charge who is tactically clueless, has no experience and very quickly gets shown up for that.