You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

They’ve followed the United template in appointing a club legend who scored an iconic winning goal in Spain.

Why would Divock wanna manage them? 

Oh, you mean THEIR club legend?

What? What the fuck is this clown talking about in the Guardian comments section on Ronay’s Silva dissection? They love to give themselves more relevance than they have,

lennyitkyo

2h ago 

I know he wasn’t popular, but Everton sacked big Sam for this guy? Whoever made that decision should also have to leave the club. Why was their no attempt to get mourinho when he was crying in interviews about being out of work? 

Now the club look set to go backwards to 2002 and hire moyes again. I like the way the much maligned Stan Collymore put it, ‘if David moyes is the answer, what is the question?’. It’s clearly not how can we make Everton a top 4 team, it’s more how can we stay in the premier league. A shocking state of affairs, the fact Everton are so weak has contributed to the strength of Liverpool, the lack of a competitive derby game has made life much easier for them. moyes is going to do little to change that his win record at anfield was equally shit. 

Personally, I’d get benitez and actually back him, but alas it looks like moyesball is back, fellani tony hibbert and Cahill must be eagerly sitting by the phone..

• Upvote 2

Please let this be true....

EFCPaul

EFCPaul

Player Valuation: £35m
Moshiri did not intend to sack Silva today, Brands had insisted it would be the wrong decision because the club is trying to change for the long-term, mostly in terms of mindset. Stability is what he insists is needed, that supporters would calm down and things would right themselves in a few months.

Old Blue Bill and DBB got in his ear and convinced him the manager had to go, that the club needed a figure to unite the fans (e.g. Ferguson). 

The players wanted to stick with Silva and told him as much in the meeting, he appeared to agree with them so they left thinking his trip there to speak with them had all been a bit pointless. Then those amateurs stick their two cents in and get him to go against what Brands and the players told him. The players are in total shock and Brands is steaming mad for being overruled. He'll be gone very soon as well.

Everton Football Club ladies and gentleman. Well done to the people who clapped that man in 2011 when a group of supporters tried to tell the world what a disease he and his stooges are.

EFCPaul

EFCPaul

Player Valuation: £35m
Is that from one of tomorrow's papers?
I've no idea if there's any truth to it. But it looks very bad if it is true. Very disorganised and lacking direction.
It's from someone I'd trust with my mother's life. And I'm the person who confirmed those kit designs months before they were released remember, I dont start BS rumours.

28 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

"My glory days - if you like - as an Everton fan were under David Moyes and what we achieved with spending so minimal money was an overachievement really. We played some nice football and brought in some of our greatest players."

Glory days indeed. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

"My glory days - if you like - as an Everton fan were under David Moyes and what we achieved with spending so minimal money was an overachievement really. We played some nice football and brought in some of our greatest players."

Glory days indeed. 

Halcyon you might even say. 

11 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Duncan will be watching from the stands in his first game to get a better view of proceedings. He willy however relay messages to the bench via Carrier Pigeon to his Lieutenants, Alan Dastardly Stubbs and Leon Muttley Osman.

That your autocorrect changes the word “will” to “willy” tells the real story here.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

Glory days indeed. 

Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

Jeffers to assist Ferguson. I've heard he's a top young coach, one of the greatest up and coming coaching talents in the country. I'm sure he'll go on to have a storied career.

(Then out of nowhere arsenal randomly give him the managers job...)

15 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Jeffers to assist Ferguson. I've heard he's a top young coach, one of the greatest up and coming coaching talents in the country. I'm sure he'll go on to have a storied career.

(Then out of nowhere arsenal randomly give him the managers job...)

That would make for a peaceful and calm management duo.