You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, Soft Joe said:

My dad died yesterday morning (he was 83 and had been ill). It’s very sad to see the utter hatred these cunts have now. Wall pushing gestures etc. My dad was a blue. He wouldn’t have condoned that sort of thing. He took me the Cup Final in 86 when I was a kid. And again in 88 and 92 even though we weren’t playing Everton.
He cheered at some of the goals when we beat Barcelona 4-0 last season. As Everton become more and more shite over the years he made out he wasn’t arsed but I think deep down he was. If they do go down I’m just glad he won’t be around to see it. Because although their fan base has obviously loads more cunts around now it hasn’t always been this bad.

Condolences mate.

2 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

My dad died yesterday morning (he was 83 and had been ill). It’s very sad to see the utter hatred these cunts have now. Wall pushing gestures etc. My dad was a blue. He wouldn’t have condoned that sort of thing. He took me the Cup Final in 86 when I was a kid. And again in 88 and 92 even though we weren’t playing Everton.
He cheered at some of the goals when we beat Barcelona 4-0 last season. As Everton become more and more shite over the years he made out he wasn’t arsed but I think deep down he was. If they do go down I’m just glad he won’t be around to see it. Because although their fan base has obviously loads more cunts around now it hasn’t always been this bad.

Sorry to hear that, Joe...

6 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

One of the good blues clearly and someone a lot of them could use a bit of.

Condolences mate x 

7 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Sorry to hear that Joe, but a good post as tribute to your old man.

Guest Pistonbroke
12 hours ago, moof said:

What choice do they have mate? If they stick they’re going down, if they get Moyes back in they are going down. That leaves big Sam, I genuinely think he is their best hope to avoid relegation 

‘Tis the fuckin season!!!

Probably is, but we all know they can't afford him....

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Sorry to hear of your loss mate. 

48 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Thanks for posting . I agree with those sentiments. Condolences mate

I was in the car before and stuck talksport on. Some things of note:

1. It's much less annoying when we've won in a derby so well and they're at a loss about if they sack their manager who replaces him. 

2. Z cars just isn't that bad a song. I whistled along happily to it. And you can make a good drumming sound on the steering wheel. 

3. Even Mike parry was very enjoyable to listen to today. I wasn't aware that was possible. He's put his full backing into "bring back Moyes". Some may even say he's oven ready. I say bring it on. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Condolences mate, but that was a great post. Sadly I think those days have gone. My grandad was a red, but for many years he watched both clubs every other week. He brought me up in footballing terms without any hatred for them and I remember watching the 84 cup final together and supporting Everton. That's not to say there weren't moody moments, but they were soon forgotten and the banter between the club's was healthy and we knew as a city it was us against the rest of them. Liverpool 1st , Everton 2nd was how I wanted to see every season end. But I'm not immune from it all despite all that. The bile from them over the last 15 or so years, to be honest, they can't fuck off to the championship quickly enough as far as I'm concerned. 

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Barry Wom said:

Condolences mate, but that was a great post. Sadly I think those days have gone. My grandad was a red, but for many years he watched both clubs every other week. He brought me up in footballing terms without any hatred for them and I remember watching the 84 cup final together and supporting Everton. That's not to say there weren't moody moments, but they were soon forgotten and the banter between the club's was healthy and we knew as a city it was us against the rest of them. Liverpool 1st , Everton 2nd was how I wanted to see every season end. But I'm not immune from it all despite all that. The bile from them over the last 15 or so years, to be honest, they can't fuck off to the championship quickly enough as far as I'm concerned. 

It was always classed as the friendly Derby and that was indeed the case in the 70's and early 80's. In and around Liverpool you had kids hanging about together with mixed tops on and having a kick about. Fans mixing in the ground and even in the pubs for a good old chat after the game. Like you say, their was the odd incident but they were soon sorted out by the older blokes. I can't speak for the 90's but since the birth of the Internet is seems to have brought about the toxic behaviour of a lot of fans, some of our own included. It now spills into the stadium as large numbers of people always feel safe. What is it like on the streets of Liverpool these days? Not on about gangs of them hanging about but one or two faced by the same numbers, I bet there is hardly a bad word to be said beyond what would class as banter. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It was always classed as the friendly Derby and that was indeed the case in the 70's and early 80's. In and around Liverpool you had kids hanging about together with mixed tops on and having a kick about. Fans mixing in the ground and even in the pubs for a good old chat after the game. Like you say, their was the odd incident but they were soon sorted out by the older blokes. I can't speak for the 90's but since the birth of the Internet is seems to have brought about the toxic behaviour of a lot of fans, some of our own included. It now spills into the stadium as large numbers of people always feel safe. What is it like on the streets of Liverpool these days? Not on about gangs of them hanging about but one or two faced by the same numbers, I bet there is hardly a bad word to be said beyond what would class as banter. 

You still get middle aged blue-nosed fellas in the pubs acting like fucking dickheads when it comes to football. Coming out with seriously vile stuff about us , our players and ex players etc. Loudest in the pub, can't have a discussion because they just shout over you with some shite about a throw-in that should have been given against us in 1992 but wasn't which is why they nearly went down two years later. Usually surrounded by their red mates who just roll their eyes because they have put up with it for years. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You still get middle aged blue-nosed fellas in the pubs acting like fucking dickheads when it comes to football. Coming out with seriously vile stuff about us , our players and ex players etc. Loudest in the pub, can't have a discussion because they just shout over you with some shite about a throw-in that should have been given against us in 1992 but wasn't which is why they nearly went down two years later. Usually surrounded by their red mates who just roll their eyes because they have put up with it for years. 

Sad as fuck mate. The last time I was back was in 2007 and i was with a load of mates who were all red and like myself mid forties, so we faced no trouble. One evening on the train back to Bromborough after Milan beat us in the Cl final there were 4 Everton fans trying to be funny towards my mate and myself but we just told them to fuck off and they took the hint. In the city I heard a few things but in general there was no bother, it was a mass sea of reds before and after like. Even when I was in the city for days leading up to the game and after red fans were always outnumbering the Blues who were pretty quiet and looking miserable, as you would supporting that shite. I remember after the game getting a chippie/Chinese and eating it on these benches with mates outside a pub. I couldn't stomach more than a few mouth fulls and just left it. This bluenose came up to the table and asked if he could have it so I said 'Help yourself' We then heard his mates slagging him off when he went back to them. Fucking weirdos.