You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

To be fair, the older Blues are generally sound. We tended to be happy for each other when the other team won a trophy because we recognised (and Jesus is it more true now) that middle England really disliked us. They were a huge club and had a bit of class. They were as hated as we were. 

Years of them being shite moved the goalposts. They went from being number 2 in the country to one of the "big 5" to probably the 8th or 9th biggest club in the country and even then that is probably being generous. 

Not saying it was all Scousers holding hands. I remember getting a few digs off a blue in his late 50s in the early 80s celebrating Rushie's 5 wildly outside Goodison. I hit the deck like Mina. Maybe I deserved it but I certainly didn't get much sympathy from Blues around me including my brothers though most Reds were pissing themselves to be fair. You would see little fights breaking out on derby day, but generally reds and blue policed themselves and more often than not, it was brothers kicking off with each other or best friends. The old fellas sitting beside each other who had been alternating between Goodison and Anfield for donkey's years for their respite from the docks. They were good times.

I look at my own family. My own brothers wanted us to win the league last year. They like our team and would be happy for myself and the other brothers who are reds. Their own sons are sound outside the football but listening to them you would think we were the third reich. They care more about us than themselves. They are probably that Leicester scored late as it isn't good for us. They are the new breed of Evertonian. We have our own new breed of dickhead to be fair and it saddens me.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

45-55 puts them at, what, 25-35 back when the Gary Mac derby was on. Yeah, don't think that was a golden age for Liverpool/Everton fan relations. The classic trope is 'the older fans are alright' .. not really .. it is as it always was. No idea what these wealth gaps are either -- its been a game for millionaires for 30 years + now.

Today was a good result for us. Upped their game for Silva's swan-song .. they'll be out of breath come mid-week and he's onto a hiding to nothing (he's gone soon anyway). I think this will finally be the one under the floodlights where we give them a smashing.

No wealth gaps? There are about 4 different levels within the PL alone. Some of it is obviously down to poor spending and budgeting but its easy to see how the top clubs are snaffling up all the cash. I despise it myself and have done for a long time.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

No wealth gaps? There are about 4 different levels within the PL alone. Some of it is obviously down to poor spending and budgeting but its easy to see how the top clubs are snaffling up all the cash. I despise it myself and have done for a long time.

You might want to look at comparative net spend between Everton & others (ourselves included) over the past 3 seasons. The league - ourselves and City aside, and our growth has been through relative financial modesty - is as competitive as it has ever been. Wealth isn’t the source of angst.

12 hours ago, Alex_K said:

You might want to look at comparative net spend between Everton & others (ourselves included) over the past 3 seasons. The league - ourselves and City aside, and our growth has been through relative financial modesty - is as competitive as it has ever been. Wealth isn’t the source of angst.

I'm not talking about Everton here,I'm making a general point. More to do with just allowing anybody to take over a football club and exploiting them and then just selling up or walking away. All PL clubs do well financially but there are wealth gaps,right through the game and now up into the PL. United and Sky started it and others have just taken up the mantle.

Guest Pistonbroke
55 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

Making a profit from people’s deaths......surely not class and dignity fc?

D0437FA8-D84C-4F3F-9E85-B35B8A74CFB0.jpeg

I hope he wears that in the wrong company and it's an actual Everton fan that gives him a fucking hiding.