You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

Got to be a photo shop as it would never happen at Moral High Ground FC. 

Fucking knew it. 

havrey0123

Player Valuation: £15m
At this stage he has to go proven Moyes or Howe won't cut it.
Not real, it's been photoshopped

52 minutes ago, rotoq said:

Why do they hate Moyes? He's their most successful manager in recent times. He got them 4th once, for all the good it was to them.

It's a weird relationship between Moyes and Everton fans. One of their best managers ever yet a lot of them thought he was holding them back. Then United called and they were like: "how dare you take a way, way better job like any rational human being would!" Very confusing for them.

Guest Pistonbroke

They never learn. Where the fuck is this big money contract and squad investment coming from?

f.t.r.s

At the very least we need to be contacting pochettino and seeing if he'd consider a big money contract and funds to transform the squad.
He got spurs challenging for the league and to the cl final.
He also got a Southampton side constantly selling it's best players , to punch above their weight

I reckon the job Moyes did at Everton was massively over-hyped. He got 4th place with 61 points and a negative goal difference. That's a fluke occurrence as far as I'm concerned. Most years they got somewhere around that points total and finished 6th or 7th which was about par for what he spent.

One year they finished 17th with 39 points. A total that would have relegated them a year earlier.

He oversaw 11 years of mainly mid-table mediocrity where one cup final apart they never threatened to win anything.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

I doubt the club can appoint Moyes again after what he said about their fans whilst at the Mancs. A few losses and they'd be screaming for his head. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

If not Moyes, then Hughes would be a great fit.

I'd piss myself. I doubt the current crop of players at Everton would like his tactics/managerial style. That and the fact he's shit without money and not much better when he has a load to spend. They ain't gonna get a big name manager in, not the state the club is in at the moment and a hard run of games to come. How are they going to tempt one unless they lie about what money he could expect to spend next Jan/Summer. The fans are turning their nose up at realistic options, so if they go down that route and they get off to a bad start they are back to square one. 

It's fucking hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

They never learn. Where the fuck is this big money contract and squad investment coming from?

f.t.r.s

At the very least we need to be contacting pochettino and seeing if he'd consider a big money contract and funds to transform the squad.
He got spurs challenging for the league and to the cl final.
He also got a Southampton side constantly selling it's best players , to punch above their weight

Exactly, they spent the money he has placed in as equity, along with the millions they got from player sales, on shit. As a result their wage bill has risen to an unsustainable amount and they're much much worse as a football side now. 

The bitters are so used to deluding themselves that they have blocked the previous spending out of their minds and believe they can do it all again. At the very least they believe that their owner is prepared to throw the same if not more in this time to give them their immediate glory. No thoughts of how they shift the highly paid dross, or deal with FFP or Premiership Sustainability. 

“I have thrown in £250 million to turn a museum into a competitive outfit,” Moshiri said at the club’s Annual General Meeting in January.

If Moshiri means competing for relegation then they cannot even do that properly, although the coming month will give them a much needed boost in that direction. Fat Sam must be cleaning out his gravy mug, while little Sammy Lee considers adding ultra high definition to his package on his Sky Q. 

There's a reason shit clubs with shit owners hire the same old faces from the manager-go-round. There's also a reason why such clubs tend to get relegated. Allardyce has not taken a team down but plenty have been relegated not long after he's left. For me, they're in a worse position right now than they were back when they sacked Koeman. At least then they had played the teams they will now face in December this year. The appointment of Allardyce was a panic move that they didn't really need and for him it was money for nothing. 

“It’s a bit like Mastermind,” Moshiri said in January. “We’ve started, so we’ll finish.” 

I think he means Takeshi's Castle, built of wood, wobbly and with people falling over constantly without getting anywhere.

Moshiri also said he wasn't going to be throwing any more money in, which is something that it's hard to find the quotes for online but I certainly remember it at the time. So where the deluded mutants get the idea that Poch is going to be offered decent cash and a war chest come from I don't know. 

Moshir's next move will make things a little clearer. He's a chartered accountant so he knows how many beans make five and should know that you don't chase your losses. Someone like Hughes or one of those ilk should keep them bobbling near the bottom for a while, enough time to scrape back some of his money. The massive elephant in the room is the new vanity project stadium and their crazy deluded fans. He can only delay things for so long. 

everton_fans_420769.jpg

An Angry bitter gets ready to launch a child at the opposition. 

• Upvote 1

Reality is starting to sink in for some of them :

Gareth Gibson

Gareth Gibson

Player Valuation: £2.5m
If our current form continues we will be relegated, a disaster from which we could never recover. Everything about our club screams the lower leagues, our antiquated wooden stadium in particular. The only manager who would have a reasonable chance of keeping this woeful squad in the Premier League is Big Sam. I can't stand the man but I think we should bite the bullet and put our record breaking top-flight status ahead of our purism.

A whole new thread dedicated to Big Sam.  Goodison chippies will be rubbing their hands in anticipation.

2 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Reality is starting to sink in for some of them :

Gareth Gibson

Gareth Gibson

Player Valuation: £2.5m
If our current form continues we will be relegated, a disaster from which we could never recover. Everything about our club screams the lower leagues, our antiquated wooden stadium in particular. The only manager who would have a reasonable chance of keeping this woeful squad in the Premier League is Big Sam. I can't stand the man but I think we should bite the bullet and put our record breaking top-flight status ahead of our purism.

A whole new thread dedicated to Big Sam.  Goodison chippies will be rubbing their hands in anticipation.

That's a red, undoubtedly. 

• Upvote 2

They need a man who understands the club and the city, a man of actions not words, a man with proven leadership and a track record for running large enterprises. Someone selfless and trustworthy, honest and dedicated.

But most of all born and bred with the Everton ethos.

That man my friends, is Derek Hatton. Although his red history may count against him, his fuming spitting frothing demeanour towards our owners that day at Goodison proved his credentials are beyond compare.

It’s a grand in a brown envelope old team.

School of Science sold, flattened and private housing built on it.

The old lady getting her redundancy delivered by a taxi.

The People’s club full of people who can’t afford a pint.

Allegedley.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, rotoq said:

Why do they hate Moyes? He's their most successful manager in recent times. He got them 4th once, for all the good it was to them.

Loads of them got fed up with his anti football and the fact that he was always miserable. The last few seasons he was always hinting that he wanted to leave. He was perfect for Everton at the beginning, he was ok spending very little and kept making comments about our spending to take the pressure off himself and BGB. Plus the fans lapped it up. Martinez played some good football to begin with but again they got fed up of him because it turned into "tippy tappy shite" with little end product.

Koeman and Allardyce were hated because they never really bought into the anti Liverpool attitude and Allardyce played worse football than Moyes