You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I'm with 3 Stacks on this one. They'd make a profit on Richarlison, they're not getting 100ml though. Same with Digne and they'd get most of what they paid on Kean. A club in Turkey would probably give them 10mlnon Tosun. 

They could raise a decent amount on selling players but then they'd be fucked with a even worse squad 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, deiseach said:

Which one of those is the £100 million player?

I was thinking along the lines of all three might scrape 100 million together. If you look at their current Transfer market value (Ok, you need to find a buyer) they are currently valued at the following.

Richarlison 50 million €

Pickford 40 million € (yeah, laughable I know)

Digne 30 million € 

You then have to factor in the difference between a club not wanting to sell and other clubs knowing they have to sell. Also the inflated market. Plenty of clubs wouldn't pay those prices, some might. 

2 hours ago, блядь said:

Warnock would be perfect for them, he's a bitter old twat that talks shit. But there are the usual suspects that seem to get job after job at shit clubs on the manager go round. Is Pardew available?

Better still, Rooney as manager with Dunc as his no.2

If they are in the shit and need a manager to just keep them afloat they'll go back to Moyes, he'd be a cert. 

For all the 'winner' jibes he got, Moyes had a knack of unearthing some great cheap bargains who played a lot of games for them and became 'legends'. That flag punching tit, Cahill; Jagielka, Baines, and the one for whom the money was spirited away - Arteta. That's exactly what they need now, a bargain basement rummager. However, the market has moved considerably since Moyes was there, and there'd be a question as to whether he could reproduce that miserly touch in current market climate.

12 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

For all the 'winner' jibes he got, Moyes had a knack of unearthing some great cheap bargains who played a lot of games for them and became 'legends'. That flag punching tit, Cahill; Jagielka, Baines, and the one for whom the money was spirited away - Arteta. That's exactly what they need now, a bargain basement rummager. However, the market has moved considerably since Moyes was there, and there'd be a question as to whether he could reproduce that miserly touch in current market climate.

I think Simeone would love the challenge of turning them into European champions by spending a tenner on the squad. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Yeah the rise in fees means its a no go imo. If Everton went in for a Cahill now Millwall would be asking 20ml knowing that even top 6 championship clubs would pay upwards of 12ml for him. Fees have gone through the roof at every level. 

Can you imagine the scenes at the old wooden shack if they sold Pickford, Richarlson and Digne, or even two of them. Their fans are keeping the champagne on ice, they're rich now ffs. They aren't selling their best players to just keep afloat, especially not England's No.1

The bitters know that players won't want to leave, I mean just showing them the mock ups of BMD is enough to make any player want to stay, just to be part of that amazing transformation. I looked at the mock ups earlier and had to fight the urge to get an Everton tattoo. When BMD is finished they will be able to buy anyone from anybody, even our players will have their heads turned. They will finally be back in the big time, not just competing with the best but beating them all. BMD is the solution to all of their problems. 

And alas that is the problem, they've been fed that shit for years that all they needed to be great again was a new stadium, and after 5 attempts they sit there no closer to actually building one. The commonwealth games was supposed to fund it, but that didn't happen. The council were supposed to then be funding it but even Joe got cold feet when he saw the costs along with where they sit in the league now. Deep in debt to their owner and struggling to balance the books what investors would touch them? 

No sane club would be looking to build a vanity stadium at such costs given where they are financially, no serious owner would be touting it as so. Alarm bells should be ringing in their ears, instead they're being blocked out by air raid sirens and the crinkle of plastic flags. 

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
18 minutes ago, блядь said:

Can you imagine the scenes at the old wooden shack if they sold Pickford, Richarlson and Digne, or even two of them. Their fans are keeping the champagne on ice, they're rich now ffs. They aren't selling their best players to just keep afloat, especially not England's No.1

The bitters know that players won't want to leave, I mean just showing them the mock ups of BMD is enough to make any player want to stay, just to be part of that amazing transformation. I looked at the mock ups earlier and had to fight the urge to get an Everton tattoo. When BMD is finished they will be able to buy anyone from anybody, even our players will have their heads turned. They will finally be back in the big time, not just competing with the best but beating them all. BMD is the solution to all of their problems. 

And alas that is the problem, they've been fed that shit for years that all they needed to be great again was a new stadium, and after 5 attempts they sit there no closer to actually building one. The commonwealth games was supposed to fund it, but that didn't happen. The council were supposed to then be funding it but even Joe got cold feet when he saw the costs along with where they sit in the league now. Deep in debt to their owner and struggling to balance the books what investors would touch them? 

No sane club would be looking to build a vanity stadium at such costs given where they are financially, no serious owner would be touting it as so. Alarm bells should be ringing in their ears, instead they're being blocked out by air raid sirens and the crinkle of plastic flags. 

Their in for a huge shock if things are as bad as those forecasts go. Especially when players like Richarlison and Pickford would be off at the drop of a hat if a bigger club came knocking. 

23 minutes ago, блядь said:

I  pissed myself so much reading this I actually had to go take a shower and change my trousers!

Robbo dodged a bullet there ......

Everton FC "wouldnt back me" - ex-chief tells all over missed transfer coups

Everton’s former director of football has revealed how the Blues “wouldn’t back me” and missed out on a list of top players.

Steve Walsh has revealed all in an interview with that he has lined up a litany of transfer bargains during his time with the Blues, but was overruled on each occasion.

4 hours ago, No2 said:

transfermarket.com has their squad valued at £455m. In that figure is £10m for Sidibe who they don't own, Baines is £3m despite no proof of him still being alive, Niasse is £5m when he's officially  been declared worthless, a combined £72m for Coleman, Walcott, Sigurduson and Schinderlin despite all being past 30 and generally past it.

Being kind they have £320m worth of player's. The only players I could see them selling for £30m plus are Digne and Richarlison, Burnley would pay close to £30m for Calvert Lewin. The rest are so well paid nobody would buy them because unfortunately they're shit.

They need a sporting director skilled in crisis management, the future looks rough.

I genuinely fear for them.

19 minutes ago, dylstar said:

Robbo dodged a bullet there ......

Everton FC "wouldnt back me" - ex-chief tells all over missed transfer coups

Everton’s former director of football has revealed how the Blues “wouldn’t back me” and missed out on a list of top players.

Steve Walsh has revealed all in an interview with that he has lined up a litany of transfer bargains during his time with the Blues, but was overruled on each occasion.

The "guess who I could've signed if I had gotten what I wanted" interview by a former sacked employee of a club. Classic. Feel so bad for ol' Walshy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah the rise in fees means its a no go imo. If Everton went in for a Cahill now Millwall would be asking 20ml knowing that even top 6 championship clubs would pay upwards of 12ml for him. Fees have gone through the roof at every level. 

I reckon it's harder and harder to get those bargains now because stats analysis means nearly nobody is unknown. 

1 hour ago, блядь said:

It's been a convincing blag for 4 years almost but the backlash will be awful for them once they realise they cant deliver it.

It will be like the final scene in Allo Allo where the Nazi's are planning their escape to Argentina but DBB will be Helga and Moshi will be Herr Flick.

• Upvote 1