You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

6 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Sky reporting Moise Kean's father saying his transfer to Everton was a huge mistake. That's going to go down well with that ever so faithful lot. 

“Sending my son to England was a mistake, because he’s still too young,” Jean Kean said. “He’s not feeling good at Everton, I didn’t like this transfer.

“I hope he can come back to Italy as soon as possible, I hope he goes to Rome, but the important thing is that he comes back here.”

Kean Sr also revealed his unhappiness at agent Mino Raiola’s influence on his son.

“I don’t have a relationship with Raiola, I have never met him, I don’t think he even wants to see me.

“He demanded my son’s power of attorney when he was 14 and together with my ex-wife he wanted to take him to England.

“At Everton, where he is playing now, he is not settling in well. I think he was supposed to wait a few more years before he had an experience abroad.

“If there is a possibility for him to come back to Italy, I hope he can do that, so as not to ruin him.”

On 16/11/2019 at 07:16, Turkish Delight said:

While I agree Davies doesn't look like a Gerrard in the making Stevie was far from prolific when he was younger. I just checked back and at the point he turned 20 he'd scored once in over 40 appearances.

Young Gerrard was tough, combatitive, skillful and rough round the edges as you'd expect from a young player. He only really became the player he did consistently when he was a bit more experienced and when Rafa came in and gave him more freedom to go forward.

Yeah, he became fully realised potential, but he was scoring goals and looking like the young prodigy he was under Ged as well.

Her brother came round earlier and we were talking about Everton (He is a blue). Such a placid lad normally but when I told him he was chatting shite when he said Digne would get in over Robbo he went all red in the face then started coming out with stats about Digne trying to convince me. He failed. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, kemskem said:

My football withdrawal symptoms led me to start watching Troopz's coverage of us vs City ... Ya get me fam? https://youtu.be/Yb7WYuh0j9A

I'm not clicking on that link because I'd last about 12 seconds before hurling my phone in a fit of rage. Its so fucking contrived the way he never says fam or blud twice in a row. Always carefully alternated. 

I'm ill so everyone can fuck off.

26 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I'm not clicking on that link because I'd last about 12 seconds before hurling my phone in a fit of rage. Its so fucking contrived the way he never says fam or blud twice in a row. Always carefully alternated. 

I'm ill so everyone can fuck off.

Blud go cook the fam some fuckin eggs blud innit ya get me fam

Everton made a loss of £13m in 2018 despite the profit on player sales of £88m which were largely due to the Lukaku sale.

Without these sales, and the likely fall in revenue while costs remain stable, is likely to see a huge financial loss in excess of £100m in 2019.

Such a huge loss is likely to call in questions of Financial Fair Play (if they qualify for Europe) and also the Premier League Financial Sustainability rules, which to date are yet to be broken.

It will be interesting to see how this develops over the season with little hope of improving profitability without player sales (at a profit) which do not seen forthcoming currently.

http://financialfootballnews.com/everton-fcs-2019-finances-predicted/

But fuck it, spend £500m plus on a vanity stadium. 

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The funniest part of that article is the bit where Everton will breach FFP rule if they qualify for Europe! 

Caraboa Cup? Would be their only chance, and that's pretty slim. 

"Such a huge loss is likely to call in questions of Financial Fair Play (if they qualify for Europe) and also the Premier League Financial Sustainability rules, which to date are yet to be broken."

Chance for another first there.

It is worth pointing out that the £105m maximum loss figure is so large (especially given next season's TV deal) that a club would have to be reckless in the extreme to exceed it. However, if a club had reported a loss for T-2, T-1 and T combined which exceeded £105m, the club would immediately be in breach of the rules (even if the future projection showed that the club would come back within the limits over future seasons).  Any club predicting a loss over T-2, T-1, T, and T+1 and T+2 combined that exceeds £105m would also be in breach of the rules (although that is even more unlikely).

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/2015-16-premier-league-profit-sustainabiltyrules