You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

They're just wishing on a star, arent they? Even the most deluded everton fans must know deep down the stadium build is only getting more expensive by the day, it is going to impact their ability to buy players to maintain their existence in the PL never mind compete in Europe and, it is never going to get built.

I really dont know why they just dont redevelop the Park End. They could rebuild a double decked stand on that footprint which could take their capacity to 50,000 or maybe a 1000 or 2 above. It would probably cost them £100m, about a fifth of this unicorn build to give them almost the same capacity.

In fact I still think this is what they will end up doing when everyone finally realises the Bramley Moore Dock idea is as derelict as the site itself.

I don't know the area, I don't know the politics, but looking at a map of Goodison, would buying the few streets around the ground really be out of the question (appreciate there's a primary school there too, but surely all doable and sure another first for them incorporating a Primary School in to their Stadium to go with the Church)?

About an hundred houses between Gwladys Street & Walton Lane. About £20m of real estate on current average house prices for the city. Re-orientating the pitch to maximise use of space & build where they are? Probably cheaper than building on water. 

Back to 2019/2020, and Everton have had, statistically, the easiest start to the season of any club in the Premier League after 12 games:

Starting with the hardest, here’s the difficulty of every club’s 12 fixtures so far.

1. Southampton
2. Newcastle United
3. Sheffield United
4. Watford
5. Norwich
6. Crystal Palace
7. Wolves
8. Tottenham
9. Liverpool
10. Aston Villa
11. Leicester City
12. Manchester United
13. Brighton
14. Burnley
15. Arsenal
16. Bournemouth
17. West Ham
18. Chelsea
19. Manchester City
20. Everton

And it gets better, they have the hardest run in the next five games, and the second hardest run to the end of the season. 

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/premier-league-clubs-ranked-by-the-difficulty-of-their-opponents-so-far/

52 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

I don't know the area, I don't know the politics, but looking at a map of Goodison, would buying the few streets around the ground really be out of the question (appreciate there's a primary school there too, but surely all doable and sure another first for them incorporating a Primary School in to their Stadium to go with the Church)?

About an hundred houses between Gwladys Street & Walton Lane. About £20m of real estate on current average house prices for the city. Re-orientating the pitch to maximise use of space & build where they are? Probably cheaper than building on water. 

But if they did anything like that they would lose the moral high ground they have over Liverpool about evicting people from their homes.

Also, there would be greedy redshites wanting as much money as possible for their houses. 

50 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

Back to 2019/2020, and Everton have had, statistically, the easiest start to the season of any club in the Premier League after 12 games:

Starting with the hardest, here’s the difficulty of every club’s 12 fixtures so far.

1. Southampton
2. Newcastle United
3. Sheffield United
4. Watford
5. Norwich
6. Crystal Palace
7. Wolves
8. Tottenham
9. Liverpool
10. Aston Villa
11. Leicester City
12. Manchester United
13. Brighton
14. Burnley
15. Arsenal
16. Bournemouth
17. West Ham
18. Chelsea
19. Manchester City
20. Everton

And it gets better, they have the hardest run in the next five games, and the second hardest run to the end of the season. 

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/premier-league-clubs-ranked-by-the-difficulty-of-their-opponents-so-far/

They always seem to benefit from having a decent run of fixtures to get out of trouble like playing west ham at home.

4 hours ago, Mcfaggen said:

1. Southampton
2. Newcastle United
3. Sheffield United
4. Watford
5. Norwich
6. Crystal Palace
7. Wolves
8. Tottenham
9. Liverpool
10. Aston Villa
11. Leicester City
12. Manchester United
13. Brighton
14. Burnley
15. Arsenal
16. Bournemouth
17. West Ham
18. Chelsea
19. Manchester City
20. Everton

Weird that we're ranked 9th, we've played every team in the top 7 + Tottenham, don't think it's possible to have a harder set of fixtures than that. 

Unless you take into consideration we're boss, and almost every game is an "easy" fixture.

December is going to kill Everton anyway, I'll be surprised if they aren't in the relegation zone next year. 

• Upvote 2

They have wanted to buy the church at the corner of the ground for as long as I can remember but the church wont sell. That alone would increase their shithole massively. I think Gwladys Street would be the only street they could buy but I guess they dont want to be the bad publicity of doing that.

That’s my kids school, I could oppose that haha

Thats my old school too.

to be fair Im not sure where they could re build another primary school nearby. Stanley Park is the only available space and I would think thats a non starter. There isn't a load of nearby schools to take up the Gwladys St pupils should it shut down either.

i also dont think they could force all the residents out either. Its not as run down as the streets around Anfield were so would meet much opposition.

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

Weird that we're ranked 9th, we've played every team in the top 7 + Tottenham, don't think it's possible to have a harder set of fixtures than that. 

Unless you take into consideration we're boss, and almost every game is an "easy" fixture.

December is going to kill Everton anyway, I'll be surprised if they aren't in the relegation zone next year. 

Yeah, but we don't have to play us.

• Upvote 1

Danny Murphy generally talks a fair amount of drivel but I had to agree with him on this;

"First thing I would say, I like Tom, I think he's a good player and I think he can go onto to do good things, but he is nowhere near and will never be anywhere near Steven Gerrard. 

"You cannot turn a Caterpillar into an Owl. You can turn it into a Butterfly, so he's going to get better. When Stevie was 19, 20 and coming into the team, he was looking like a star. He was quick, strong aggressive and scoring wonder goals. 

"I think he's a terrific talent who can get much better, I'm not having a go at him. When you know football and you see a player there's only so much involvement a player can have. Based on his physical characteristics and his technical ability. He's not as quick as Stevie, he's not as technically as good, he's not as good a passer, he's not as good in the air. 

"He's not going to drag Everton to a Champions League final, is he? Or score in a UEFA Cup final for Everton. Or score the winner in an FA Cup final. Everton, Premier League title? What have you been smoking? When Everton win the Premier League, I'll be six feet under."

• Upvote 1

On 13/11/2019 at 10:04, an tha said:

Ferguson's season by season figures for the bitters - no sniggering now, lads....

All comps.

94-95: Pl 28 Gls 8

95-96: Pl 20 Gls 7

96-97: Pl 36 Gls 11

97-98: Pl 32 Gls 11

98-99: Pl 17 Gls 5

00-01: Pl 13 Gls 6

01-02: Pl 25 Gls 8

02-03: Pl 8 Gls 0

03-04: Pl 24 Gls 9

04-05: Pl 37 Gls 6

05-06: Pl 33 Gls 1

That's right, folks - this legend reached double figures in a season TWICE for them in over 10 years. His best return in a season was 11....and in total in all comps for them he scored 72 goals in 273 games.

It's a similar strike rate to Dirk kuyt and he played just about all his time with us on the right of midfield!

10 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

It's a similar strike rate to Dirk kuyt and he played just about all his time with us on the right of midfield!

A bloo could argue there's not much difference between right of midfield and just ahead of midfield.