You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I though that on GOT a poster’s friend’s cousin’s girlfriend’s dad’s niece’s brother’s cat that works at the Council said a planning application would be submitted on the 4th December? The above still sounds like any finalised plans are still some way away.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Results of Everton’s second public consultation published, confirmation of capacity

the esk the esk
2 mins ago

As expected, the second public consultation provided overwhelming support for the limited designs and images so far released by Everton Football Club with regards to Bramley-Moore and the proposed Goodison Park redevelopment.

MEIS_Everton_Day_FINAL_

An extensive public consultation exercise including over 43,000 respondents at the second stage showed 98% support for Bramley-Moore, and 92% for the redevelopment of Goodison Park.

What have we learned from this exercise and release from the club today?

Firstly, confirmation that the seating capacity of Bramley-Moore will be 52,000. Any idea that the club may have responded to the first consultation and no doubt, many of the second too, for calls for an increased capacity have fallen on deaf ears. Any increase above 52,000 will only be a result of changed capacity brought about by increased spectator densities in “safe standing areas” or by a physical extension of the stadium itself. Given that no-one, not even the most ardent supporter of safe standing expects spectator density ratios greater than 1:1 until several seasons of data, observation and testing is completed, and the natural gap between completion of the stadium and future expansion we are destined to have a smaller than was expected capacity for many years to come.

Use of qualitative data

I have commented previously on the use of the qualitative data (the ideas and comments made in free-form) from both “consultations”. The club assures us that “alongside the quantitative data, the consultation also yielded a large volume of qualitative commentary, observations and ideas. Every comment has been read and is being used to help shape the detailed planning application for the stadium and the outline planning application for the community-led legacy at Goodison Park”

To date, the club has provided no details or even outlines, nor sought views in relation to ticket pricing policies, range of seating options, season ticket numbers nor internal and external facilities at the stadium. Much of the quantitative data provided by respondents  to both consultations would have included such topics.

Denise Barrett Baxendale is quoted as follows “The opinions, ideas and observations we’ve received will be used by the project team to inform the next steps of the project – as well as being included as part of our final planning applications.”

I would hope that the club now shares which ideas are being considered in the run up to the submission of a detailed planning application for Bramley-Moore and the outline permission for Goodison’s future redevelopment.

Broad support from local authority leaders and recognition of local public support

Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson is quoted as follows, “Everton has carried out a brilliant public consultation to ensure everyone has had the opportunity to have their say on their proposals. Their plans for Bramley-Moore Dock and Goodison Park, alongside our regeneration ideas for Ten Streets and Walton, have the potential to deliver a huge long-lasting economic and cultural boost for our communities in North Liverpool and across the entire city by creating new opportunities, jobs and visitor appeal.”

Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of Liverpool City Region “It is clear to see the people of the Liverpool City Region are firmly supporting Everton’s plans for a new stadium and a legacy development at Goodison Park.”

Park-End-Axo-smaller-size1-e1564155010658

What’s next?

CEO Denise Barrett-Baxendale said: “This is a really important milestone and having the level of support we have from the Liverpool City Region public means we can submit for planning before the end of this year with confidence.”

We wait now to see if the club meets its own deadline.

Share this:

Categories: Bramley Moore, Everton

the esk

download.jpeg-1.jpg

I’ve been round Asda twice now - noting which food and non food items they have on offer. I’ve spoken to the manager of the store and he said he’s happy for me to buy a certain amount of produce, and I’ve checked with the missus to make sure said items will fit in the cupboards. She said they will so I consider that a key milestone to enable me to move forward. I just have to look down the back of the sofa to see if I can find any money to buy something. If I can’t find the money, I’ll make an appointment in Asda again, this time next year, and see what’s what.

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Results of Everton’s second public consultation published, confirmation of capacity

the esk the esk
2 mins ago

As expected, the second public consultation provided overwhelming support for the limited designs and images so far released by Everton Football Club with regards to Bramley-Moore and the proposed Goodison Park redevelopment.

MEIS_Everton_Day_FINAL_

An extensive public consultation exercise including over 43,000 respondents at the second stage showed 98% support for Bramley-Moore, and 92% for the redevelopment of Goodison Park.

What have we learned from this exercise and release from the club today?

Firstly, confirmation that the seating capacity of Bramley-Moore will be 52,000. Any idea that the club may have responded to the first consultation and no doubt, many of the second too, for calls for an increased capacity have fallen on deaf ears. Any increase above 52,000 will only be a result of changed capacity brought about by increased spectator densities in “safe standing areas” or by a physical extension of the stadium itself. Given that no-one, not even the most ardent supporter of safe standing expects spectator density ratios greater than 1:1 until several seasons of data, observation and testing is completed, and the natural gap between completion of the stadium and future expansion we are destined to have a smaller than was expected capacity for many years to come.

Use of qualitative data

I have commented previously on the use of the qualitative data (the ideas and comments made in free-form) from both “consultations”. The club assures us that “alongside the quantitative data, the consultation also yielded a large volume of qualitative commentary, observations and ideas. Every comment has been read and is being used to help shape the detailed planning application for the stadium and the outline planning application for the community-led legacy at Goodison Park”

To date, the club has provided no details or even outlines, nor sought views in relation to ticket pricing policies, range of seating options, season ticket numbers nor internal and external facilities at the stadium. Much of the quantitative data provided by respondents  to both consultations would have included such topics.

Denise Barrett Baxendale is quoted as follows “The opinions, ideas and observations we’ve received will be used by the project team to inform the next steps of the project – as well as being included as part of our final planning applications.”

I would hope that the club now shares which ideas are being considered in the run up to the submission of a detailed planning application for Bramley-Moore and the outline permission for Goodison’s future redevelopment.

Broad support from local authority leaders and recognition of local public support

Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson is quoted as follows, “Everton has carried out a brilliant public consultation to ensure everyone has had the opportunity to have their say on their proposals. Their plans for Bramley-Moore Dock and Goodison Park, alongside our regeneration ideas for Ten Streets and Walton, have the potential to deliver a huge long-lasting economic and cultural boost for our communities in North Liverpool and across the entire city by creating new opportunities, jobs and visitor appeal.”

Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of Liverpool City Region “It is clear to see the people of the Liverpool City Region are firmly supporting Everton’s plans for a new stadium and a legacy development at Goodison Park.”

Park-End-Axo-smaller-size1-e1564155010658

What’s next?

CEO Denise Barrett-Baxendale said: “This is a really important milestone and having the level of support we have from the Liverpool City Region public means we can submit for planning before the end of this year with confidence.”

We wait now to see if the club meets its own deadline.

Share this:

Categories: Bramley Moore, Everton

the esk

download.jpeg-1.jpg

In summary.

we spoke to a bunch of people from Liverpool who agreed it would be good to build a new stadium. Just to be sure, we asked them again and got the same answer. The mayor and other local political figures also think it’s a good idea.

in conclusion - it would be a good idea to build the stadium.

Seriously (all rivalry aside) is this article saying anything more than that?

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I quite enjoyed this off BGT. Coincidentally for this thread, something The Ev rarely do is get lucky.

Think I remember watching that, she was very talented as well. I think I saw her on 'The Voice UK' though, could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

I though that on GOT a poster’s friend’s cousin’s girlfriend’s dad’s niece’s brother’s cat that works at the Council said a planning application would be submitted on the 4th December? The above still sounds like any finalised plans are still some way away.

Saw a thing on Twatter before where it said that Tottenham announced that they were building a new stadium 50 days after Everton announced they were building theirs. Chippy Tits said they would be in the stadium by May 2019. 

Tottenham had to knock down their old stadium, move to Wembley for about 15 months and ended up going over budget and schedule. 

Everton are still asking people if it's a good idea to build a stadium almost 4 years later. Call me cynical but I think this one is getting dragged out a little bit.

But if any of this gets pointed out to them you get accused of being a bitter jealous redshite who is obsessed with Everton.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Saw a thing on Twatter before where it said that Tottenham announced that they were building a new stadium 50 days after Everton announced they were building theirs. Chippy Tits said they would be in the stadium by May 2019. 

Tottenham had to knock down their old stadium, move to Wembley for about 15 months and ended up going over budget and schedule. 

Everton are still asking people if it's a good idea to build a stadium almost 4 years later. Call me cynical but I think this one is getting dragged out a little bit.

Money put aside and building interest? 

Its just so odd isn’t it.  Why are they wasting money on it?  Removing any of the piss taking out of it.  It’s going to cost 500m, at least.  They don’t turn enough of a profit now to pay for it and it’s almost a certainty that they won’t break into the champions league for the revenue to go up significantly.  If their owner decides to pay for it himself it’s not going to add 500m value to the club or make their revenue big enough to cover the cost of it so why would he spend that much money of his own?

They just keep going through these PR exercises.  As has been said above, how was the “consultation” going to be anything other than positive.  You’re basically consulting Everton fans on whether they want to move to a brand new stadium which is going to be built on unused wastleland whilst also having positive plan to deal with Goodison and suggesting it’s going to create 15000 jobs (I’d actually love to see the full list of these “jobs” and what the pay, hours and contract term were and how much public money was going to be used but let’s ignore that for a second).  If you asked every Liverpool fan the above I think the percentage wouldn’t be that far off positive compared to what the Everton fan result was.

The problem which has always been the same wasn’t included in the consultation.  Who is paying for it? If they said we are doing all this stuff but we expect public money to be funding a large portion of it, how positive would it have been then?  We are putting you’re council tax up ten percent or introducing a local income tax to pay for the stadium because it will create some stewarding jobs.  If that’s the case then the reality is you’ve got a billionaire owned football club looking for handouts so they can make more money.  The whole thing is ridiculous.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Its just so odd isn’t it.  Why are they wasting money on it?  Removing any of the piss taking out of it.  It’s going to cost 500m, at least.  They don’t turn enough of a profit now to pay for it and it’s almost a certainty that they won’t break into the champions league for the revenue to go up significantly.  If their owner decides to pay for it himself it’s not going to add 500m value to the club or make their revenue big enough to cover the cost of it so why would he spend that much money of his own?

They just keep going through these PR exercises.  As has been said above, how was the “consultation” going to be anything other than positive.  You’re basically consulting Everton fans on whether they want to move to a brand new stadium which is going to be built on unused wastleland whilst also having positive plan to deal with Goodison and suggesting it’s going to create 15000 jobs (I’d actually love to see the full list of these “jobs” and what the pay, hours and contract term were and how much public money was going to be used but let’s ignore that for a second).  If you asked every Liverpool fan the above I think the percentage wouldn’t be that far off positive compared to what the Everton fan result was.

The problem which has always been the same wasn’t included in the consultation.  Who is paying for it? If they said we are doing all this stuff but we expect public money to be funding a large portion of it, how positive would it have been then?  We are putting you’re council tax up ten percent or introducing a local income tax to pay for the stadium because it will create some stewarding jobs.  If that’s the case then the reality is you’ve got a billionaire owned football club looking for handouts so they can make more money.  The whole thing is ridiculous.

They're just wishing on a star, arent they? Even the most deluded everton fans must know deep down the stadium build is only getting more expensive by the day, it is going to impact their ability to buy players to maintain their existence in the PL never mind compete in Europe and, it is never going to get built.

I really dont know why they just dont redevelop the Park End. They could rebuild a double decked stand on that footprint which could take their capacity to 50,000 or maybe a 1000 or 2 above. It would probably cost them £100m, about a fifth of this unicorn build to give them almost the same capacity.

In fact I still think this is what they will end up doing when everyone finally realises the Bramley Moore Dock idea is as derelict as the site itself.