You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Its baffling the way they idolised him. It's simply because he scored a couple of goals in the derby fixture, kicked a few Liverpool players and got an Everton tattoo. 

Its so weird how revered he is by them. My bird absolutely worships him. 57 goals in 230 games....... For a Striker...... Less than 1 in 4. 

Crouch had a better strike rate for us. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its so weird how revered he is by them. My bird absolutely worships him. 57 goals in 230 games....... For a Striker...... Less than 1 in 4. 

Fucking odd isn't it. I knew a lad who travelled up to a random Newcastle game after he left as well to watch him. They've had far more talented players who have won things yet he gets treated as an all time great, he barely ever played and he took the piss out of their club drinking whilst injured yet just gets a job on the coaching staff because he's Duncan Ferguson.

Some lad I used to work with used to just refer to him as "the big man" and would never shit up about him. Yet used to criticise Fowler for things he had heard third hand from taxi drivers about him.

Meanwhile Duncan Ferguson went to prison and beat up a pensioner on crutches in a pub in Scotland.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

You forgot that other lazy get Alex Nyarko.

The bad blue actually tells a story about racially abusing Earl Barrett in a club and the bouncers taking him to the side like they were gonna give him a kicking but bought him drinks instead because they hated Barrett too. Must have been his work ethic.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We will take care of your son. By fining him and dropping him. 

Seems he's been dropped ever since he signed! 27fucking million and the poor cunt can't get a start, let alone a regular start for them. He'll be back in Italy next season,on loan to SPAL, with the bitters paying all his wages.

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Crouch could play and was a far better player. Because of his height, ppl thought he could play only one way but he was a far better footballer than that pos

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Didn't it take him something like 12 years to rack up those sub-Heskey figures?

They might argue that "on his day he was unplayable" but that just puts him on the same level as Andy Carroll.

• Upvote 1

Ferguson's season by season figures for the bitters - no sniggering now, lads....

All comps.

94-95: Pl 28 Gls 8

95-96: Pl 20 Gls 7

96-97: Pl 36 Gls 11

97-98: Pl 32 Gls 11

98-99: Pl 17 Gls 5

00-01: Pl 13 Gls 6

01-02: Pl 25 Gls 8

02-03: Pl 8 Gls 0

03-04: Pl 24 Gls 9

04-05: Pl 37 Gls 6

05-06: Pl 33 Gls 1

That's right, folks - this legend reached double figures in a season TWICE for them in over 10 years. His best return in a season was 11....and in total in all comps for them he scored 72 goals in 273 games.

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2019 at 19:22, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Decided to send the link below to a few bluenoses I know with the story of how the lad in question, who works in our local music shop, could no longer play guitar as he had long term problems with one of his hands (all true).

He decided to take up something else which I think is boss, although I did neglect to mention he was a red.

It's not gone down very well with said bluenoses.

That’s quality that. Gone passed it a few times and not clicked on it. That’s getting played to the baby while it falls asleep. 

Does anyone one know how to save that file to my phone or iPad?

Edit - don’t worry. Just seen he has a YouTube channel. Poor scouser Tommy too. Great stuff!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, belarus said:

That’s quality that. Gone passed it a few times and not clicked on it. That’s getting played to the baby while it falls asleep. 

Does anyone one know how to save that file to my phone or iPad?

Edit - don’t worry. Just seen he has a YouTube channel. Poor scouser Tommy too. Great stuff!

I’ve skipped that a few times, I went to school him.

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

He's also a cracking lad with it. Hope he can do something with this type of stuff.

I actually quite like the Harp when they play tunes I personally like on it, very soothing and mellow when the mood takes. I wish him all the best. 

Results of Everton’s second public consultation published, confirmation of capacity

the esk the esk

As expected, the second public consultation provided overwhelming support for the limited designs and images so far released by Everton Football Club with regards to Bramley-Moore and the proposed Goodison Park redevelopment.

MEIS_Everton_Day_FINAL_

An extensive public consultation exercise including over 43,000 respondents at the second stage showed 98% support for Bramley-Moore, and 92% for the redevelopment of Goodison Park.

What have we learned from this exercise and release from the club today?

Firstly, confirmation that the seating capacity of Bramley-Moore will be 52,000. Any idea that the club may have responded to the first consultation and no doubt, many of the second too, for calls for an increased capacity have fallen on deaf ears. Any increase above 52,000 will only be a result of changed capacity brought about by increased spectator densities in “safe standing areas” or by a physical extension of the stadium itself. Given that no-one, not even the most ardent supporter of safe standing expects spectator density ratios greater than 1:1 until several seasons of data, observation and testing is completed, and the natural gap between completion of the stadium and future expansion we are destined to have a smaller than was expected capacity for many years to come.

Use of qualitative data

I have commented previously on the use of the qualitative data (the ideas and comments made in free-form) from both “consultations”. The club assures us that “alongside the quantitative data, the consultation also yielded a large volume of qualitative commentary, observations and ideas. Every comment has been read and is being used to help shape the detailed planning application for the stadium and the outline planning application for the community-led legacy at Goodison Park”

To date, the club has provided no details or even outlines, nor sought views in relation to ticket pricing policies, range of seating options, season ticket numbers nor internal and external facilities at the stadium. Much of the quantitative data provided by respondents  to both consultations would have included such topics.

Denise Barrett Baxendale is quoted as follows “The opinions, ideas and observations we’ve received will be used by the project team to inform the next steps of the project – as well as being included as part of our final planning applications.”

I would hope that the club now shares which ideas are being considered in the run up to the submission of a detailed planning application for Bramley-Moore and the outline permission for Goodison’s future redevelopment.

Broad support from local authority leaders and recognition of local public support

Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson is quoted as follows, “Everton has carried out a brilliant public consultation to ensure everyone has had the opportunity to have their say on their proposals. Their plans for Bramley-Moore Dock and Goodison Park, alongside our regeneration ideas for Ten Streets and Walton, have the potential to deliver a huge long-lasting economic and cultural boost for our communities in North Liverpool and across the entire city by creating new opportunities, jobs and visitor appeal.”

Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of Liverpool City Region “It is clear to see the people of the Liverpool City Region are firmly supporting Everton’s plans for a new stadium and a legacy development at Goodison Park.”

Park-End-Axo-smaller-size1-e1564155010658

What’s next?

CEO Denise Barrett-Baxendale said: “This is a really important milestone and having the level of support we have from the Liverpool City Region public means we can submit for planning before the end of this year with confidence.”

We wait now to see if the club meets its own deadline.

Share this:

download.jpeg-1.jpg