You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Yes. So is setting fire to the opposition’s team bus.

Disgruntledgoat

Disgruntledgoat

Player Valuation: £20m

It’s only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured

View attachment 70915
Isn't drinking and setting off flares in the street illegal?

And no sense of irony from a forum that is built on self-pity and conspiracy theories about ‘the establishment’ acting to keep down plucky little Everton.

JAYMULL

JAYMULL

Player Valuation: £2.5m
How come we should all forget about Heysel but never ever forget about Hillsborough? Interesting double standards/hypocrisy.
Very true mate. Hysel brushed under the carpet those 39 people who died are not worth anything to them. The Bucharest banners at the pit disgraceful. What a bunch of self pitying knobheads they are.

49 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Yes. So is setting fire to the opposition’s team bus.

Disgruntledgoat

Disgruntledgoat

Player Valuation: £20m

It’s only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured

View attachment 70915
Isn't drinking and setting off flares in the street illegal?

I'm disappointed there is a Rocket From The Crypt fan supporting them. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

And no sense of irony from a forum that is built on self-pity and conspiracy theories about ‘the establishment’ acting to keep down plucky little Everton.

JAYMULL

JAYMULL

Player Valuation: £2.5m
How come we should all forget about Heysel but never ever forget about Hillsborough? Interesting double standards/hypocrisy.
Very true mate. Hysel brushed under the carpet those 39 people who died are not worth anything to them. The Bucharest banners at the pit disgraceful. What a bunch of self pitying knobheads they are.

Sorry state of affairs when stuff like that is posted on an Everton Forum, given Evertonians lost friends and family at Hillsborough, too. A football rivalry taken too far.

• Upvote 5

They’re truly twisted and obsessed it is both bizarre and unnerving. They call others victims but their self pity and victimhood is clear for all to see.

Regarding Heysel they care not one bit for those 39 people, not one jot. 

Simply using those deaths to continuously deride us for the benefits of their ineptitude. The Hillsborough stuff is even worse as Tony says above. I’m 51 years of age and no one has spouted that bile near me, I must be lucky, heard it from away fans at a distance, but never to me. They are a disgrace, double standards, hypocrisy and lies are their only recourse. The fact we are in their heads day and night even to the detriment of their own team is stunning, but not unexpected.

They are a nothing Club nowadays, a once great club scrambling to be noticed.

They are Irrelevant and they know it, only their hatred of us and the continuous vitriol most of which is untrue keeps them going. If they weren’t such horrible bastards you would pity them.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They’re truly twisted and obsessed it is both bizarre and unnerving. They call others victims but their self pity and victimhood is clear for all to see.

Regarding Heysel they care not one bit for those 39 people, not one jot. 

Simply using those deaths to continuously deride us for the benefits of their ineptitude. The Hillsborough stuff is even worse as Tony says above. I’m 51 years of age and no one has spouted that bile near me, I must be lucky, heard it from away fans at a distance, but never to me. They are a disgrace, double standards, hypocrisy and lies are their only recourse. The fact we are in their heads day and night even to the detriment of their own team is stunning, but not unexpected.

They are a nothing Club nowadays, a once great club scrambling to be noticed.

They are Irrelevant and they know it, only their hatred of us and the continuous vitriol most of which is untrue keeps them going. If they weren’t such horrible bastards you would pity them.

What's really sad about this is that so many of their fans were great when Hillsborough happened, coming together as one. I think that's why I find it hard to 'enjoy' their demise and subsequent hatred, it just kind of depresses me. 

There is also some spectacular point missing going on.

Nobody is ‘brushing Heysel under the carpet’, it’s just that a massive portion of supporters now won’t have been alive, let alone been old enough to have had anything to do with it, It also happened in a foreign country so it just isn’t ‘there’ in front of people like Hillsborogh so of course it isn’t brought up as often.

There is something quite horrible about calling people murderers etc for things they had no control over.

Its like they expect every Liverpool fan to walk round acting like that German bloke off Harry Enfield.

Sad acts. 

They don't get any entertainment out of the sorry sack of shit they support, so they get their kicks from winding us up with mild to offensive slurs. Most actually know that they are where they are because of themselves., and if they put as much effort into supporting their team as they do fuming about us. They might actually only be 14th instead of 17th. 

26 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

There is also some spectacular point missing going on.

Nobody is ‘brushing Heysel under the carpet’, it’s just that a massive portion of supporters now won’t have been alive, let alone been old enough to have had anything to do with it, It also happened in a foreign country so it just isn’t ‘there’ in front of people like Hillsborogh so of course it isn’t brought up as often.

There is something quite horrible about calling people murderers etc for things they had no control over.

Its like they expect every Liverpool fan to walk round acting like that German bloke off Harry Enfield.

Sad acts. 

I don't think how heysel and Hillsborough are seen through the eyes of our fans is different because of how long ago it was, there's not much difference between heysel and Hillsborough. The big difference is there was no injustice connected to the aftermath of heysel. The cause was pretty clear. People were charged and convicted. It's not that anyone is forgetting what happened, it's just there's nothing to fight for. In addition, even if we do eventually get justice for Hillsborough, it's a fact of life we'll care about the dead more from that day, because many who died were our family and friends. 

• Upvote 8

It's not just Everton fans to be fair to them who have the Justice for the 39 shouts. It's pretty much most sets of fans who dont like us. 

Evertonians use that event as a turning point in the history of their club because they had a good team and see it as a massive opportunity missed to win the European Cup. The fact that they have been shit since then doesn't register with them and a lot of their fans blame us for it. The younger ones especially have been indoctrinated into this as a reason why their club are irrelevant now rather than actually looking at their own failings.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's not just Everton fans to be fair to them who have the Justice for the 39 shouts. It's pretty much most sets of fans who dont like us. 

Evertonians use that event as a turning point in the history of their club because they had a good team and see it as a massive opportunity missed to win the European Cup. The fact that they have been shit since then doesn't register with them and a lot of their fans blame us for it. The younger ones especially have been indoctrinated into this as a reason why their club are irrelevant now rather than actually looking at their own failings.

I've never understood why Everton see themselves as so uniquely affected by the ban. Other big teams missed out on European competition too like Spurs, Arsenal and Utd, not to mention ourselves without falling off a cliff.

The inevitable European Cup win is a joke as well- they had (and still have) absolutely no European pedigree at all- a Cup Winners Cup playing one single decent team is hardly indicative to how they would have fared. It took us years to build up the experience and nous that resulted in the golden period between 1973 and 1984. No way were they going to pop into the EC for the first time in 15 years and just piss it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I've never understood why Everton see themselves as so uniquely affected by the ban. Other big teams missed out on European competition too like Spurs, Arsenal and Utd, not to mention ourselves without falling off a cliff.

The inevitable European Cup win is a joke as well- they had (and still have) absolutely no European pedigree at all- a Cup Winners Cup playing one single decent team is hardly indicative to how they would have fared. It took us years to build up the experience and nous that resulted in the golden period between 1973 and 1984. No way were they going to pop into the EC for the first time in 15 years and just piss it.

Can remember nearly coming to blows with some Evertonian I worked with over this. I was like that James O Brien on LBC when thick Brexiters ring up.

His only response was "we would have won because we were the best team in Europe". I asked how this was possible given they won a weak competition beating two part time teams in it and we beat them to the league and cup double the season after. He then said "well Barca were shit and we would have beaten them". They could have drawn Juventus, Barcelona or Steaua in the first round and gone out. They could have been on the end of a dodgy Collina/Clive Thomas decision but it was a dead cert that they would have won that final in Seville.