You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

12 hours ago, The Guest said:

It’s strange how these things always seem to come back around.  They were all taking the piss out of Klopp kicking off about that gobshite Leicester player injuring Salah.  It wasn’t a studs up classic leg breaker but it was a completely unnecessary tackle where he had no chance of getting the ball and ended up injuring the player.

A few weeks later you’ve got a very similar situation with Son (obviously a more horrific outcome) and suddenly they now all agree with Klopp.

I remember seeing a few blues with ramos profile pics and even one who had ramos on the back of his Everton shirt. Not to mention how giddy they were when that funes mori injured origi and put him out for months.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Singing about it where? Our game was a day before theirs, so unless our matchgoing support have a contingent of clairvoyants its clearly bollocks.

45 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

As we played 24 hours before it happened we now have the power to see into the future.

Is there a fucking echo in here? 

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

You ever dealt with a injury or illness that's left you in a bad way like that. 

That's also a injury that may cause him arthritis issues later in life

Err, yeah. Again, unless it's life altering, you get on with it, no need to make a show about wishing for a healthy recovery on the internet.

And I didn't get injured from playing a high-level contact sport either where these things have a relatively decent chance of occurring. 

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Yeah but 99 times out of 100 that foul wouldn't have led to a serious injury! Son might have wanted to get Gomes back for the elbow, not to end his season.

I doubt the red will be rescinded . It was a very poor tackle with no real intent on winning ball and definitely a big element of retaliation from the incident moments earlier. Normally a yellow imo but the fact that Gomes foot did come off as a result it's hard to argue it wasn't dangerous intent or no intent even if the collision with Aurier compounded it.

4 hours ago, The Guest said:

You clearly didn’t watch the game.  Son was fuming because he thought Gomes had intentionally elbowed him.  He clearly went after him in response about 2 mins later.  I doubt he wanted that outcome but he caused it being a cunt.

I clearly did watch the game. I'm not missing your point, in that Son's foul started that chain, followed by the fall, followed by the catching his foot in the ground, followed by collision with Aurier. The fall was caused directly by the foul, but not the injury. The injury came following the foul, but not caused directly by it. That exact actions of the Son foul could be repeated 1000 times and nothing would happen other than the player falls and rolls around.

The point being, the injury could have as easily happened following a shoulder to shoulder challenge that is completely legal, or even following a fall in which there was nobody else involved. 

34 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

I clearly did watch the game. I'm not missing your point, in that Son's foul started that chain, followed by the fall, followed by the catching his foot in the ground, followed by collision with Aurier. The fall was caused directly by the foul, but not the injury. The injury came following the foul, but not caused directly by it. That exact actions of the Son foul could be repeated 1000 times and nothing would happen other than the player falls and rolls around.

The point being, the injury could have as easily happened following a shoulder to shoulder challenge that is completely legal, or even following a fall in which there was nobody else involved. 

Nope you’re definitely missing my point.  I can’t tell whether you’re doing intentionally or if you’re just that fucking thick.

Son was not challenging for the ball.  It was not like any other foul that happens in a game or any legal shoulder barge.  He went in to a tackle to do Gomes.  Go and watch it again.  Gomes is not expecting to get tackled on his ankle like he does because the ball is way in front of him.  He doesn’t expect it so doesn’t try to ride it.  I doubt Son intended for the injury that then followed to happen but he definitely intended to hurt Gomes and when you do nasty shit like that then nasty injuries can happen.  I don’t know how you can watch both tackles and say Sons wasn’t malicious but Choudhurys was.  They were both snide tackles.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah, sick of all the virtue signalling!

Yeah, because I definitely used that term.

Hey everybody, Liverpool fan coming in peace!!! Just wanted to say regardless of the rivalry, thoughts and prayers to Andre Gomes !!! You hate to see an athlete get injured!!!

Happy?

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Hey everybody, Liverpool fan coming in peace!!! Just wanted to say regardless of the rivalry, thoughts and prayers to Andre Gomes !!! You hate to see an athlete get injured!!!

Happy?

That's almost verbatim to a Wolves fan's post on GOT. Fuck knows why he bothered. 

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Happy?

I won't be happy until I am lying in my own filth reciting your ligue 1 studs of yore pinups article to terrified commuters

• Upvote 1

Just now, Duff Man said:

lol, we can only express concern/sympathy if the person's about to die

We're still talking about Jim Beglin's injury over 30 years later, but that's okay because it effectively ended his career. That Bob Paisley sap who called it the worst injury he had ever seen at the time though - what a loser!

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

lol, we can only express concern/sympathy if the person's about to die

You can do what you want, I just said I think the reaction is boring and exaggerated when these things happen and sports injuries are commonplace.

May want to actually read what I said instead of getting political and thinking you're funny with the virtue signalling line.

7 minutes ago, deiseach said:

We're still talking about Jim Beglin's injury over 30 years later, but that's okay because it effectively ended his career. That Bob Paisley sap who called it the worst injury he had ever seen at the time though - what a loser!

Yep, great manager, but hated it when he did that.

• Upvote 1

I’m thinking that Everton are proving that the Law Of Attraction actually exists. You know - you get back what you give out. All they give out is hatred, self-pity, bitterness and misery.....any wonder that they’re getting all this ‘bad luck’ in return? Just a thought....