You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

That was a yellow card for Son, silly tackle but not bad enough to deserve a red. I'm desperately sorry for Gomes, but he was unlucky, if his foot hadn't caught in the turf he would have been fine!

I though the injury was caused by the collision with Aurier after the challenge? Certainly didn’t seem a sending off. Did he catch his foot in the turf?

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

That was a yellow card for Son, silly tackle but not bad enough to deserve a red. I'm desperately sorry for Gomes, but he was unlucky, if his foot hadn't caught in the turf he would have been fine!

Aye, he probably can't believe he really has signed for Everton! ZING 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Reminds me of Jim Beglin's leg break at Goodison. That was horrific too.

I was right oinn front of that that night in the enclosure at woodison. It was awful, could hear it go from where we were standing.

35 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Evertonian mate made me laugh going on about how late we score every week & the way refs keep playing until we score. He said they should stop calling it Fergie-Time and call it Kloppage-Time instead. 

I quite like that actually and would be made up of it was adopted. 

• Upvote 1

Why does everyone act like a player just died when there's an injury like that?. Yeah, it's not great, but that's a risk when you play a sport. He'll miss a year, then come back, it's not some massive disaster unless he needs his leg amputated or something. Until then, save me the tears and false sympathies. 

And then it turns into a point scoring contest where sure enough, the injured player's team's biggest rival's supporters become cunts when 5 of them tweet they are happy there was a broken leg. So boring, the whole thing. 

• Downvote 5

That first bit is bollocks; there's nothing wrong with expressing sympathy for a player who's suffered a bad injury. The second part is true enough, though, and unfortunately applies to almost every strand of public life these days, particularly politics.

Judging entire groups of people based on the Twitter ramblings of a handful of weirdos, who almost certainly don't represent the majority view (if there even is one), is obviously an incredibly shit idea, but a large proportion of the country seem absolutely mad for it anyway.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Why does everyone act like a player just died when there's an injury like that?. Yeah, it's not great, but that's a risk when you play a sport. He'll miss a year, then come back, it's not some massive disaster unless he needs his leg amputated or something. Until then, save me the tears and false sympathies. 

And then it turns into a point scoring contest where sure enough, the injured player's team's biggest rival's supporters become cunts when 5 of them tweet they are happy there was a broken leg. So boring, the whole thing. 

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I just don't care anymore about injuries in sport that aren't life altering. Sue me. They happen all the time, it's not that big a deal. 

Here's hoping you never get injured doing your work. If everyone around you acted like that, the emergency number 999 would become an extra large ice cream rather than coming to your aid.

7 hours ago, Remmie said:

*Sigh* Everton have got one over on us. We may have one of, if not the greatest manager in the game; charismatic, charming, tactically astute and who has coached a team with a real identity, on a scintillating run and developed so many decent players to becoming world class, but but *sigh* but they reverse all this by calling him Klipperty. 

Yes, by calling Klopp "Klipperty" they are ingeniously destroying him and us by comparing him to a horse noise. When will this abject humiliation stop? His legacy is obliterated just like that, how do we come back from this? Give my head a wobble you say? No chance, it's fallen clean off.

A fuckin' horse noise. Oh the humanity.

7 hours ago, Remmie said:

I'm seething. Is anyone else seething because I am SEETHING

It's ruined my day. 

45 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Here's hoping you never get injured doing your work. If everyone around you acted like that, the emergency number 999 would become an extra large ice cream rather than coming to your aid.

Although hamfisted l, see where stacks is coming from. These are professional athletes playing a contact sport. Injuries are an occupational hazard. Top flight players will continue to be paid tens of thousands of pounds a week whilst receiving the best medical care and rehabilitation money can buy until they're ready to go back to work. We're not talking about a scaffolder breaking his arm, being on statutory sick pay for months whilst being on an NHS waiting list for rehab.  There's no need for everyone to send thoughts, prayers and 'YNWA FORM A LIVERPOOL FAN' every time a player is stretchered off. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

I though the injury was caused by the collision with Aurier after the challenge? Certainly didn’t seem a sending off. Did he catch his foot in the turf?

I'll be honest mate I didn't see it live close up, but I think his leg was broken before he hit Aurier, but it certainly wasn't caused directly by the foul from Son. Just going off what I saw on the highlights, as they rightly didntw show the full thing close up.

The angle he hit Aurier didn't seem right for that kind of injury to happen to me, but people who saw it live will know better.

9 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

It's ruined my day. 

Although hamfisted l, see where stacks is coming from. These are professional athletes playing a contact sport. Injuries are an occupational hazard. Top flight players will continue to be paid tens of thousands of pounds a week whilst receiving the best medical care and rehabilitation money can buy until they're ready to go back to work. We're not talking about a scaffolder breaking his arm, being on statutory sick pay for months whilst being on an NHS waiting list for rehab.  There's no need for everyone to send thoughts, prayers and 'YNWA FORM A LIVERPOOL FAN' every time a player is stretchered off. 

That's assuming they are able to return to work. 

8 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

But it's not really a similar situation because of the level of intent in the foul. Choudhury was hellbent on taking Salah down at all costs, which he managed to do. How he wasn't injured far worse than he was is purely down to luck.

Son's foul on Gomes was not in any way malicious. Mané fouled twice in quick succession yesterday the second of which led to the free from which Villa scored. Silly fouls to give in the circumstances of where the player was and where they were going, but they were merely fouls. Either time, the player could have been extremely unfortunate to have landed awkwardly and end up with a horrible injury that was in no way proportionate to the foul made on them. In reality, 90-95% of niggly tactical fouls are like this and the odds of that freak injury happening as a result are astronomical. Most will result in the player rolling around a bit, but miraculously recovering once a card is issued, unless it''s someone from City's Angels, and the free given. 

As it was a straight red, it can be appealed, as opposed to being a second yellow, so it's good in that respect, and it should be rescinded and downgraded to a yellow.

You clearly didn’t watch the game.  Son was fuming because he thought Gomes had intentionally elbowed him.  He clearly went after him in response about 2 mins later.  I doubt he wanted that outcome but he caused it being a cunt.

• Downvote 1