You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Just imagine - they could be first on Match of the Day and chosen as Sky's Super Sunday game in successive weeks and lose both. Gotta take your chances when they arise. Fuck knows how long it'll be again before they manage either appearance again, never mind on successive weeks.

6 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Really hope they get relegated 

Just looked up the odds on this.

538, who do some good statistical modeling, have them at 8% chance of going down.

Oh, and for anyone that's wondering, United currently have a 2% chance of relegation. I know it's only 2% but what I wouldn't give to live in a universe where we win the league the same year United go down!

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Just looked up the odds on this.

538, who do some good statistical modeling, have them at 8% chance of going down.

Oh, and for anyone that's wondering, United currently have a 2% chance of relegation. I know it's only 2% but what I wouldn't give to live in a universe where we win the league the same year United go down!

What are the chances of the other relegation fodder going down? Just for comparison.

8 minutes ago, Einch said:

Northcroft in the Times today has laid out a  few home truths. Less than flattering about Silva. 

No doubt he will be a red shite cunt for stating what everyone else sees. 

While I have no idea what he’s saying, is it likely any difference to what their own fans are saying?

I have a feeling that for some logical reason Diego Simeone doesn’t want to do it either. 

Yakinblue

Yakinblue

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Lose to spurs and it's 6 points off seventh, and 2 points off the drop zone.Surely to god the board, are looking at potential replacements.Losing to an out of form Spurs side, will be the straw that breaks the camels back imo.
We could go to Madrid right now and Diego Simeone on board for Christmas but for some unlogical reason we don't want to do it.
  • Upvote 2

Watching West Ham v Newcastle yesterday, I would caution our Bloo neighbours from drawing any succour from their recent victory against them. Similar conclusions drawn by them when beating some Top Six teams at the point where said teams already had their flip flops and Bermudas on. Clutching at straws perhaps?

13 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

" We could go to Madrid right now and Diego Simeone on board for Christmas but for some unlogical reason we don't want to do it. "

Didn't press ganging die out a couple of hundred years ago ?

And the word they were searching for was ‘illogical’. But IMHO the board are being logical because there is no reasonable chance of the hypothetical approach being successful. It’s like PC World approaching Bill Gates to ditch Microsoft for them instead.

You’ve got to give it to Yakinblue. He’s all over Simeone like a stalker. This from an entirely different thread.

Yakinblue

Yakinblue

I'm suggesting we need a proven goalscorer. Sorry if the comment "we need a Lukaku-esque natural goalscorer" was too cryptic for you to understand.
Are you concerned with our League position?

I am too but if we appointed Diego Simeone we could go on to bigger and better things.

38 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I have a feeling that for some logical reason Diego Simeone doesn’t want to do it either. 

Yakinblue

Yakinblue

Lose to spurs and it's 6 points off seventh, and 2 points off the drop zone.Surely to god the board, are looking at potential replacements.Losing to an out of form Spurs side, will be the straw that breaks the camels back imo.
We could go to Madrid right now and Diego Simeone on board for Christmas but for some unlogical reason we don't want to do it.

Slap the money on the table.

• Upvote 1