You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

6 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I always say they should have Pete Price host the football phone in so you get all the fume from the blues calling in mixed with all the cranks calling in to call Price a lizard.

That would be amazing. Evertonians ringing him up going on about asylum seekers, people posting kebabs through letter boxes and dying live on air.

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

That was apparently the first time VAR has been used to overrule the ref and award a penalty. 

Another fir the firsts list... 

They all laugh when it favours Man City or any team playing us but then lose the plot and say the Premier league is rigged against them when they are on the wrong end of a decision.

They are making themselves ill over this. Naturally we feature heavily in the conspiracy. Despite the events of the United game contradicting everything they’re saying about us. 

Oh, and Ron Burgandy is deffo one of us...

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-and-var.108425/

Thomasc

Formerly known as By God I'm Blue
Relax, I’m sure it will work out just peachy for the neighbors for the whole season.

Darth Toffeeman

Darth Toffeeman

Player Valuation: £50m
Another tool for the rotten and corrupt syndicates in charge of this circus farce.

EFCINLONDON

Player Valuation: £500k
It's just cheating. No other words for it.
EFCPaul

EFCPaul

Player Valuation: £35m
And so VAR officially robs us of 3 points and possibly a season changing victory. Fed up of this sport to be honest.

bilyaletdinov_

Player Valuation: £10m
VAR is corrupt, simple as that. 
Liverpool will win the league off the back of it and we will get punished by despicable decisions every week
davek

davek

Player Valuation: £70m

Penalty chaged EVERYTHING in that match.

VAR is rotten to the core.

tsubaki

tsubaki

if that had happened in a derby, that game would have gone seriously wrong
EFCPaul

EFCPaul

Player Valuation: £35m
It will be binned in the summer, no way clubs will agree to keep it now. Just why does it have to be us who get utterly screwed over before any action gets taken.

bilyaletdinov_

Give your head a wobble lad. Should we just not talk about things that might make some of the fanbase wet the bed then?
Talk about it all you want just
It will be binned in the summer, no way clubs will agree to keep it now. Just why does it have to be us who get utterly screwed over before any action gets taken.
Totally agree, will be a force used for the RS to pick up their league title and then dumped forever
The Blue Watch

The Blue Watch

Imagine that being given a pen against the RS. Hahahaha
The binman chronicles

The binman chronicles

VAR is just another form of media and you know who controls the media? Big stand FC.
dannyboy

dannyboy

if that had happened in a derby, that game would have gone seriously wrong
Is that being given for us in front of the Kop on 93 minutes? We all know the answer to that.
Albertini78

Albertini78

Its ok to give that against Keane if its VVD or Stones etc ... Hmmmmm 

Referees in this country have been bad enough for years which idiots are supporting them with VAR
Saint Domingo

Saint Domingo

It’s manned by kopites for a game run by kopites for millions of fans giving money to it most of whom are Kopites. Everton are the easiest target in the world for them to boost their social media clicks and interactions from their rabid kopite following.
onlyme

onlyme

Imagine if that decision had gone against the RS, sky would have had a 90 minute debate explaining what was wrong with VAR
Abraders

Abraders

Imagine if that decision had gone against the RS, sky would have had a 90 minute debate explaining what was wrong with VAR
Wouldn't even be checked. Absolutely never giving that at Anfield lol
Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy

It’s manned by kopites for a game run by kopites for millions of fans giving money to it most of whom are Kopites. Everton are the easiest target in the world for them to boost their social media clicks and interactions from their rabid kopite following.
Exaclty this. There are RS on the VAR panel. It's no secret.
chrismpw

chrismpw

Nope, I was horribly wrong about it.

It has potential to be brilliant but all it does is give corruption another tool to make games go the way they want them to.

A disaster. Not just because a decision has just gone against Everton; it's been a disaster regardless.
This 

It suits the team the league wants it to suit.

And then one of their long-standing posters bucks the trend....

killenefc

killenefc

Let’s not find another excuse shall we? Wasn’t a penalty at all for me but I can also see why it was given because that’s the way football and officiating has gone. The only other way VAR has affected us this season is maybe with a couple of penalties that we haven’t been given but tbh if we’re relying on penalties to win games or even really compete in our case then we may as well give up.

We weren’t good enough today, our team which cost more than Bayern Munich’s once again didn’t win an away game, a game at Brighton and after going down...absolutely nothing new there and to blame VAR is to ignore pretty much the last few seasons.

• Upvote 2

Like I said on the other thread, I really don't like that decision today - it baffles me. In fact, it's completely outrageous given what's gone before. I would honestly love someone to come out and explain how it's any different to all the non-awards that have gone before - and there have been ones far more worthy of penalties than that... However...

.... the absolute state of that thread is a sight to behold. Fuck. Ing. Hell. 

It’d show that you’re no different to any other team affected by it, and make you look an even bigger arse.

DaChunk

DaChunk

Player Valuation: £1m
Somebody should make a video compilation of the amount of times we've been shafted by VAR or lack of VAR. I think the vast amount of outrageous rulings in a single video could put some serious perspective on things...

11 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Apparently blue on radio mereyside stating he wants Moyes back as under Moyes, they were battling with spurs to get into the top 4. Can't be arsed doing the checking, but once I reckon, no more and then way off there after. 

They seem to forget the glory years under Moyes of once getting in the top 4 on 61pts

2013/14 61pts 8th, Everton 5th on 72

2014/15 61pts 7th

2015/16 61pts for 8th but it would ha e been higher than the RS so like winning the league

2016/17 61pts got Everton 7th

2017/18 61pts was good enough for 7th

2018/19 61pts 7th

They don't seem to realise Moyes only topped 60pts 3 times and only once got 65pts

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Everton pre Xmas December 

Xmas Dinner might be very interesting for some split families

Screenshot_20191026_182713_com.android.chrome.jpg

If they haven't picked up more points than the teams around them by December then they're fucked. There's probably only one point from all of those games, if they're lucky. 

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Upvote 1