You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Kenshin  Kenshin

Player Valuation: £35m

Bulgaria football president quit today after the racist abuse.

Why am I posting it in this thread you may ask?

Because the echo have connected him to some young keeper that never played a game for the kopites but was on their books for three years.

Everything always has to come back to them lot in some way

........................................................................................................................................................

It does if you're mental!

Borislav Mihaylov was Bulgaria's goalkeeper in their mid-90s heyday. His son Nikolay was on Liverpool's books as a youngster and turned out for the reserves. I think we sold him to one of the Dutch clubs around the time Rafa left/Hodgson took over. He never played for the first team.

• Upvote 1

He won the Eredivisie under McClaren at Twente.  We had him and the Hungarian fella leave to win championshis elsewhere.  Hansen did well too, obviously responsible for Anders Breivik (although think that was Norway, never mind, close enough to blame us I guess...)

57 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Apparently Liverpool fans did it to John Barnes first at the Arsenal.away game on the first day of that season. Which makes it ok for them to do it. Also there is no photographic evidence available to back up this claim. Like lots of things they come out with. 

Nicky Allt says in his book that they were dildos nicked from Soho sex shops.

57 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Apparently Liverpool fans did it to John Barnes first at the Arsenal.away game on the first day of that season. Which makes it ok for them to do it. Also there is no photographic evidence available to back up this claim. Like lots of things they come out with. 

Well I didnt get to his first game at arsenal but was at Coventry in his second when we destroyed them. There was lots of cheering when the team came out and no bananas thrown.

As you say, they talk utter bullshit. They probably claim it was us singing everton are white.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Well I didnt get to his first game at arsenal but was at Coventry in his second when we destroyed them. There was lots of cheering when the team came out and no bananas thrown.

As you say, they talk utter bullshit. They probably claim it was us singing everton are white.

You and your eye witness accounts! Ha, they don't care what the red shite say so there!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Red74 said:
Offended by everything 
roydo

roydo

Staff member
Reference CAS-5661570-T1XTBY

Thank you for contacting us and for listening to BBC Radio 5 Live Sport.

Firstly, we apologise for the delay in replying.

We were sorry to read of your unhappiness at our football build up to Liverpool v FC Red Bull Salzburg in the Champions League on 02 October.

Please be assured, BBC Sport has not got any bias for, or against, any team.

The commentators actually were talking over the song, and we only heard it in the background.

That said, your concerns are noted.

Please be assured that your concerns were sent to senior staff at BBC Radio 5 Live via our daily 

report.

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch.

Kind regards

Ciaran Hanna
BBC Complaints Team

Ok mate!

roydo

roydo

Staff member
You're lucky to get a reply.
I wont lie, drink had been taken, but they literally shut Mike Costello up "to soak up the atmosphere" who was reporting from the World Athletics Championship. So, yeah, technically they were talking over the song, (as in, they told the athletics bloke to shut up as it was being sung) but as I said to them, there isnt a club on the planet that they would afford that to.

The song?

Unless it was 50,000 people singing "Roydo's Ma Loves It Fudgewise" I can't see what he's got to complain about. 

8 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

However, speaking to Place North West, Frank Rogers, chief executive of the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, rejected the idea the project cost could reach that level of expense, and said: “We’re incredibly supportive of the stadium, it’s a project the whole City Region is behind, so we’re looking at delivering the right level of transport around that.”

Following suggestions that Everton FC should fund its own stadium without support from the City Region, Rogers said: “It’s not just a stadium. It’s about job creation, and economic growth.”

Fun fact - Rogers is a Red* and was even seen bouncing around behind Jamie Webster onstage in Madrid  (looking like a middle-aged butterball turkey in Daisy Duke denim shorts). This fact might gain some relevanceto our friends and neighbours when the unicorn stadium finally goes tits up.

*If he were better known, he would be a shoo in for the Irritating Celebrity Fans thread.

4 hours ago, Trumo said:

Borislav Mihaylov was Bulgaria's goalkeeper in their mid-90s heyday. His son Nikolay was on Liverpool's books as a youngster and turned out for the reserves. I think we sold him to one of the Dutch clubs around the time Rafa left/Hodgson took over. He never played for the first team.

I think Mihailov Sr was the goalie they called Bobby in the 1994 World Cup & was famous for playing with a ludicrously luxuriant wig that appeared to move around as he made saves.

19 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

There's no question though the biggest talking point about Barnes signing for us was his skin colour. I'm glad he was brilliant, because his brilliance put a lot of racist bullshit to bed on our side. I dread to think what would have happened if Mark Walters or someone had been out 1st major black signing. The nation was racist in the 80s, Liverpool and Everton were no exception. Luckily John Barnes made our lot tolerant overnight. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

There's no question though the biggest talking point about Barnes signing for us was his skin colour. I'm glad he was brilliant, because his brilliance put a lot of racist bullshit to bed on our side. I dread to think what would have happened if Mark Walters or someone had been out 1st major black signing. The nation was racist in the 80s, Liverpool and Everton were no exception. Luckily John Barnes made our lot tolerant overnight. 

This, absolutely

There were a lot of nasty little racists just waiting for it to go tits up

And when he turned out to be completely fucking brilliant and a really nice bloke and the Ev's ludicrous reaction things changed very quickly

He's a pivotal figure in our history in more ways than one

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

There are no words. Imagine keeping track of this, let alone starting a thread on it.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/nine-years-ago-today.108374/

That's a bit of a rarity - it shows a reasonable level of self-awareness (about how poo Everton are) and a lack of knowledge of Liverpool's history (including 3 incorrect statements about the timings of the sackings of our managers).

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think the comment regarding them celebrating like they'd won the European Cup because they won their first derby in 7 years back in the late 1970s sums up how small time they have always been.

You mock, but look what they won!

LPslqv.jpg

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's a bit of a rarity - it shows a reasonable level of self-awareness (about how poo Everton are) and a lack of knowledge of Liverpool's history (including 3 incorrect statements about the timings of the sackings of our managers).

Sorry, AoT, I think I'd have to take an Evertonian's knowledge of Liverpool over yours, any day!

• Upvote 5