You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

8 minutes ago, Red74 said:
Offended by everything 
roydo

roydo

Staff member
Reference CAS-5661570-T1XTBY

Thank you for contacting us and for listening to BBC Radio 5 Live Sport.

Firstly, we apologise for the delay in replying.

We were sorry to read of your unhappiness at our football build up to Liverpool v FC Red Bull Salzburg in the Champions League on 02 October.

Please be assured, BBC Sport has not got any bias for, or against, any team.

The commentators actually were talking over the song, and we only heard it in the background.

That said, your concerns are noted.

Please be assured that your concerns were sent to senior staff at BBC Radio 5 Live via our daily 

report.

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch.

Kind regards

Ciaran Hanna
BBC Complaints Team

Ok mate!

roydo

roydo

Staff member
You're lucky to get a reply.
I wont lie, drink had been taken, but they literally shut Mike Costello up "to soak up the atmosphere" who was reporting from the World Athletics Championship. So, yeah, technically they were talking over the song, (as in, they told the athletics bloke to shut up as it was being sung) but as I said to them, there isnt a club on the planet that they would afford that to.

Oh my god what fucking helmets. 

Well, if the Everton fans sing a rousing rendition of the Z-Cars theme as one on a Champions League night at Goodison, then 5 Live will cut off one of their other reporters to switch to it.

Stop laughing at the back.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Well, if the Everton fans sing a rousing rendition of the Z-Cars theme as one on a Champions League night at Goodison, then 5 Live will cut off one of their other reporters to switch to it.

Or the Caribou Cup tie against Watford. If they pay their £5.

From place Northwest on Twatter:

Momentum is building around Everton FC’s proposed £500m stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock, with a planning application due by the end of the year after a series of public consultation events.

The predicted cost of the stadium within Peel L&P’s Liverpool Waters has already increased from £300m to £500m, and given the level of infrastructure needed at the derelict dockland to support the 52,000-person stadium, property professionals have suggested to Place the overall cost could near £1bn.

However, speaking to Place North West, Frank Rogers, chief executive of the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, rejected the idea the project cost could reach that level of expense, and said: “We’re incredibly supportive of the stadium, it’s a project the whole City Region is behind, so we’re looking at delivering the right level of transport around that.”

Following suggestions that Everton FC should fund its own stadium without support from the City Region, Rogers said: “It’s not just a stadium. It’s about job creation, and economic growth.”

41 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

From place Northwest on Twatter:

Momentum is building around Everton FC’s proposed £500m stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock, with a planning application due by the end of the year after a series of public consultation events.

The predicted cost of the stadium within Peel L&P’s Liverpool Waters has already increased from £300m to £500m, and given the level of infrastructure needed at the derelict dockland to support the 52,000-person stadium, property professionals have suggested to Place the overall cost could near £1bn.

However, speaking to Place North West, Frank Rogers, chief executive of the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, rejected the idea the project cost could reach that level of expense, and said: “We’re incredibly supportive of the stadium, it’s a project the whole City Region is behind, so we’re looking at delivering the right level of transport around that.”

Following suggestions that Everton FC should fund its own stadium without support from the City Region, Rogers said: “It’s not just a stadium. It’s about job creation, and economic growth.”

Momentum is building around Everton FC's relegation campaign...

• Upvote 1

Have to shoehorn is in somewhere. Do they think we’re using voodoo to transfer our players injuries to theirs? 

f.t.r.s

Player Valuation: £15m
Are they taking the piss.....you really have to wonder why we suffer so many injuries...
Especially when the RS get barely any.....

24 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Have to shoehorn is in somewhere. Do they think we’re using voodoo to transfer our players injuries to theirs? 

f.t.r.s

Player Valuation: £15m
Are they taking the piss.....you really have to wonder why we suffer so many injuries...
Especially when the RS get barely any.....

Does this mean Alisson, Keita, Lallana, Sturridge, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gomez, Matip, Henderson and Firmino have all been malingering recently? 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Does this mean Alisson, Keita, Lallana, Sturridge, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gomez, Matip, Henderson and Firmino have all been malingering recently? 

Our injuries are on the same level as pace goals, ie. they dont count.

• Upvote 2

Kenshin  Kenshin

Player Valuation: £35m

Bulgaria football president quit today after the racist abuse.

Why am I posting it in this thread you may ask?

Because the echo have connected him to some young keeper that never played a game for the kopites but was on their books for three years.

Everything always has to come back to them lot in some way

........................................................................................................................................................

It does if you're mental!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Everton confirm summer signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin will be out for a further 3 months, after undergoing surgery in France on tendon damage. The £20m midfielder had returned to training following injury, but suffered a setback in his rehab #EFC

Another first - EFC first team to have a player fail a medical AFTER they have signed. Looking at his injury record at Mainz even Dr Nick Riviera would have swerved him

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Kenshin  Kenshin

Because the echo have connected him to some young keeper that never played a game for the kopites but was on their books for three years.

........................................................................................................................................................

I saw that article, it was classic Evertonian baiting.

Ex redshite player tenously linked to racism so Everton fans can bring up Suarez and pat themselves on the back about being the Peoples club. I am surprised this fella was livid about it. 

I just went straight to the comments and I wasnt disappointed. 

18 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Kenshin  Kenshin

What!? An everton fan trying to make something of a racist incident at a football match?

I was at John Barnes first two derbies. Who cannot remember being shocked at seeing bananas thrown on the pitch in BOTH games, Aldo picking them up and chucking them back with real disgust on his face and chants of 'Niggerpool' and 'everton are white, hello!'?

Apologies for using that word but there will be plenty of fans out there who either did not witness it or know it happened. These twats have in the view of many, become the 'acceptable scousers' when in fact, they're the biggest bunch of cunts you'd ever meet.

• Upvote 9

26 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

What!? An everton fan trying to make something of a racist incident at a football match?

I was at John Barnes first two derbies. Who cannot remember being shocked at seeing bananas thrown on the pitch in BOTH games, Aldo picking them up and chucking them back with real disgust on his face and chants of 'Niggerpool' and 'everton are white, hello!'?

Apologies for using that word but there will be plenty of fans out there who either did not witness it or know it happened. These twats have in the view of many, become the 'acceptable scousers' when in fact, they're the biggest bunch of cunts you'd ever meet.

I had the misfortune to grow up surrounded by Evertonian mates and I remember those chants alright. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them still felt the same way.

29 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Apparently Liverpool fans did it to John Barnes first at the Arsenal.away game on the first day of that season. Which makes it ok for them to do it. Also there is no photographic evidence available to back up this claim. Like lots of things they come out with. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Apparently Liverpool fans did it to John Barnes first at the Arsenal.away game on the first day of that season. Which makes it ok for them to do it. Also there is no photographic evidence available to back up this claim. Like lots of things they come out with. 

I was at that game, we must have done it in between dodging the bottles the lovely Arse fans where 'tossing' to us.