You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

18 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

That City squad where everyone is world class and the second team would get a CL place are doing well. Fucking deluded bitter prick. 

They're getting to the point where they're hoping Citeh can enter four teams in the Premier League thus locking der Redshite out of the European Rumbelows Cup, not that they care about the European Rumbelows Cup because it's just the European Rumbelows Cup these days.

• Upvote 1

Thinks they should finish 5th and we only have one centre back because the others are garbage. This is the level of delusion some of them have slipped into...

nsno-chris

‘Koff lad

Youre saying the SQUAD is top 5 / 6 / 7 ?

Just cant get my head around how thats possible with 2 decent defenders / 2 decent centre mids / 2 kids upfront...

Id say 8th / 9th.

because Utd and Arsenal are not as good as people think and Spurs are in free fall. Just because you have 2 CBS means nothing, the RS have one in essence because the others are garbage.

and there enough creativity in that team to easily create a multitude of problems for teams, we all know we do not have a top slotter to score but that does not stop chances being created, which we don’t.

The fact that they’re being deployed wrong is the issue

mikeh72

Player Valuation: £70m
because Utd and Arsenal are not as good as people think and Spurs are in free fall. Just because you have 2 CBS means nothing, the RS have one in essence because the others are garbage.

and there enough creativity in that team to easily create a multitude of problems for teams, we all know we do not have a top slotter to score but that does not stop chances being created, which we don’t.

Take Aubameyang out of that Arsenal team who buries every single half chance he gets, and they are actually no better than us at all, I will die on this hill

40 minutes ago, Trumo said:

When it comes to being stupid enough, never discount Florentino Perez.

Letting del Bosque go ranks as the second most deranged dismissal in the history of football, after Ronald Koeman getting fired for having red tinsel on his Christmas tree.

• Upvote 2

Don't know whose xG model they're using (and whoever came up with "points pr. Xgame" instead of xPoints/game should be shot) but that looks fairly accurate to me.

I don't think it's really much of a secret that the numbers whizzes think we've been pretty fortunate to have 24 points at this stage, given the performances we've put in. Actually, I think anyone who has watched us would think the same.

The interesting thing to me is that even though City's performances have been better than ours, taken collectively, so far this season, the 8 point gap means we're still currently favourites to win the league. They might be better than us over the remaining 30 games, but even if they're 4-5 points better than we are, we still win the league because of the gap we've opened up.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Thinks they should finish 5th and we only have one centre back because the others are garbage. This is the level of delusion some of them have slipped into...

nsno-chris

‘Koff lad

Youre saying the SQUAD is top 5 / 6 / 7 ?

Just cant get my head around how thats possible with 2 decent defenders / 2 decent centre mids / 2 kids upfront...

Id say 8th / 9th.

mikeh72

Player Valuation: £70m

Take Aubameyang out of that Arsenal team who buries every single half chance he gets, and they are actually no better than us at all, I will die on this hill

Did he post that about us only having one non-garbage CB the day Matip was voted PFA Player of the Month for September?

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

Clinical finishers will outscore expected goals and better goalkeepers and defenders will concede less than it. 

Put it this way if Mane gets the same chance that Calvert-Lewin gets I know which one is more likely to score but expected goals makes their chances out to be even.

I'm not sure any chance for Calvert-Lewin counts as an "expected goal".

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

That City squad where everyone is world class and the second team would get a CL place are doing well. Fucking deluded bitter prick. 

Its worrying really. Clearly something is wrong in your life when you are going to that level to explain a football result.

• Upvote 4

Is that a graph one of them has created to illustrate the point they're making or is it from some legit data analyst? How does one quantify lucky for the purpose of creating graphs? Actually, with that, I've probably answered my first question.

Either way, interesting to note that Spurs are in absolute no-man's land with a toenail in the 'good & lucky' quadrant, although how they even get that, I've no idea.

He just typed into the Born not manufactured mainframe computer the following formula:

Kopites are spawny gobshite tellycapping Norwegian diving twats and multiplied it by 1=20 then divided it by the ratio of locals to tourists at each home game and squared it by the amount of times they would have won the European cup if they hadn't have been banned. Add that to the amount of steds James Milner takes per week then put an octopus on the graph to see where it stopped.

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, Anubis said:

Anyone of those bolded below, please. Oh please. Go on, Mosh. You know you want to.

T LEAFE

Player Valuation: £20m
To face a relegation battle;

Allardyce
Benitez
Reid
Pullis

Moyes
Dyche
Pardew
Warnock

That is a very comical list that must be out together by a red. I hate dyche, but he's surely the only one of that lot that should/could be on the list if the sack Silva. 

7 hours ago, φαίνω said:

Rags running with Mourinho eyeing up the Spurs job.

This little snippet should kill off even the most deluded of bitters from thinking he would even consider the corner shop shit show that is Everton. 

Mourinho, 56, is prepared to bide his time and wait for the ideal opportunity. He has been working predominantly as a TV pundit and joined Sky ahead of the season.

He has declined offers at former club Benfica and a £90million proposal from Chinese Super League side Guangzhou Evergrande. 

He said: 'I have to be patient and wait for the right opportunity and the right opportunity is one that is at the same size and the same level that I am as a manager. I have to wait for the exact right one.'

Mourinho is waiting for the the Madrid job according to the Spanish press. I don't ever see mourinho taking a role at spurs, levy would give him way less than he got in Salford, and he thought he wasn't backed there. 

And what is Rags?