You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

img-20191007-wa0011-jpg.68230

Far be it from me to call into question the veracity of this (never let the truth get in the way, etc.) but am I alone in wondering whether "early test drills of land underwater of the dock" is actually a thing? Is anyone aware of such a thing taking place at BMD? I'm going to assume a big fuckoff drill would be needed, rather than a 18v cordless from Screwfix, so it's going to attract some attention isn't it? Also, would "40 to 60 feet of unstable Sand/Mud type material" come as a massive shock given the site being on the ermmmm banks of a river estuary? In fact, I'd be quite surprised if there wasn't. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why not build the ground where the current one is like spurs did. 

There's no space is there? They don't have a Wembley to play in while it's being built. And Prenton park only holds about 16K so where would the other 5k go? 

They could have put one in Stanley park but they cried so much about that when we wanted to do it. Still hypocrisy hasn't stopped them before. 

17 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Far be it from me to call into question the veracity of this (never let the truth get in the way, etc.) but am I alone in wondering whether "early test drills of land underwater of the dock" is actually a thing? Is anyone aware of such a thing taking place at BMD? I'm going to assume a big fuckoff drill would be needed, rather than a 18v cordless from Screwfix, so it's going to attract some attention isn't it? Also, would "40 to 60 feet of unstable Sand/Mud type material" come as a massive shock given the site being on the ermmmm banks of a river estuary? In fact, I'd be quite surprised if there wasn't. 

Not really, they drilled the East Float Quay empty areas a couple of years ago and the equipment was barely noticeable. 

The Herculaneum dock was filled in the 80s and has subsequently been built on. Along with many  other Liverpool docks over the years before that. It's not a new science. I was reading that the sewerage works extension was built on a dock and supports considerably more weight than any new stadium would. 

They're probably looking for a way to reduce costs because they cannot get the finance, using the dock thing as an excuse allows them to move somewhere else and the £100-£200m cost for dock filling (and the considerable time it would take) will not be a factor. Are the council are still offering some financing? 

Their whole daydream that tourists will swoon at the very sight of their new stadium on the dock is utter bullshit. Tourists eyes will be firmly fixed on the iconic Liver Building, most won't even know or give a shit about football, never mind some little club that hangs on to our coat tails. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, φαίνω said:

There's no space is there? They don't have a Wembley to play in while it's being built. And Prenton park only holds about 16K so where would the other 5k go? 

What about their other stadium Old Trafford? No, sorry, the Etihad?  

48 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why not build the ground where the current one is like spurs did. 

15 minutes ago, φαίνω said:

They could have put one in Stanley park but they cried so much about that when we wanted to do it. Still hypocrisy hasn't stopped them before. 

They could just no play for a couple of years while it gets built , at least they wouldn't be as bitter or as miserable and could concentrate fully 100% rather than 95% on us...

And I'm sure their wives wouldn't it either

9 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

To the tune of Alice.

It's been  24 years since the blueshite won a cup. Their trophy room is empty. Apart from all the dust.
It's been 24 years since the blueshite last won a trophy.  À TROPHY.
The last time won a trophy. 
 They don't know when there leaving, or were there gonna go.. 
They think their off to Bramley  more.
But haven't  got the dough..
It's been 24 years since the blueshite last won a trophy.. A TROPHY..
The last time won a Trophy..   
 And for  24 years we've  been waiting for this day..
To see the blueshite  down.  
By the the time we get to may..
It's been 24 years since  the blueshite last won a trophy. A TROPHY.     

They're never going to move to Bramley Moore Dock 

There's nothing in the cupboard but a fucking cuckoo clock

It's been 24 years since the Blueshite last won a trophy

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

They could just no play for a couple of years while it gets built , at least they wouldn't be as bitter or as miserable and could concentrate fully 100% rather than 95% on us...

And I'm sure their wives wouldn't it either

And it wouldn't affect their chances of winning a trophy.

45 minutes ago, rb14 said:

You know nothing, Jon RB14

2t4grht-min.jpg

• Upvote 1

Nooooo, more debt. They’re convinced if they build it, they will come. It’s already been put forward that a new stadium will increase ticket prices for them by 40% at their current proposed capacity. They won’t fill it, kids are deserting them in droves because they’re shit. 

A new stadium will screw them over nicely. Get it done.

15 minutes ago, φαίνω said:

Nooooo, more debt. They’re convinced if they build it, they will come. It’s already been put forward that a new stadium will increase ticket prices for them by 40% at their current proposed capacity. They won’t fill it, kids are deserting them in droves because they’re shit. 

A new stadium will screw them over nicely. Get it done.

Basically either way they are fucked. What money they have had they have wasted.

Years of dithering and blagging their fanbase with empty promises will cost them.

They can’t allow themselves to think about redeveloping the timber yard as it fucks their moral high ground tales of us destroying the whole area of Anfield when we built the hole punch as they’ll have to knock down houses in the surrounding area and there’s no way they can do that seeing as Everton have transformed the surrounding area into the palm of Dubai. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Basically either way they are fucked. What money they have had they have wasted.

Years of dithering and blagging their fanbase with empty promises will cost them.

And their fans haven't scrutinised their own club properly, because too many of them have been too focused on us.

Karma, bitches.

14 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I watch very little of Everton, the last time I watched them I seem to recall Siggurdsson being their best player, who is it now? Richarlison, Digne?

From the very little I've seen, Siggurdsson has moments of being very good; Digne has a good left foot but can't defend; Richarlison is turd.

JelavicBrate2

Player Valuation: £1.5m
Let's be honest for a minute.

They are a superb team, and if they win the league they deserve it.
Are they really? As I and other people have pointed out there are other teams that had far better squads and managers and weren't destroying teams like they are. A Man United teams containing VDS, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand,Scholes, Anderson, Fletcher, Carrick, Park Ji Sung, Nani, Ronaldo, Rooney, and Tevez didn't do as well as Liverpool are. Look at the previous City and Chelsea teams, they're better in terms of squad than Liverpool. So it's either the other teams are rubbish, Klopp has figured out some magical training method, that makes a squad of players able to play almost every game and not get tired or something dodgy is going on such as drugs.
Man City are a great side, but there are no average players in their squad, all of them are world class, that's not the case with Liverpool. I don't know how an average player such as Milner has suddenly, become a world beater towards the end of his career in a position he never originally played in. It also helps when goalkeepers give you goals and referees give you penalties in the 95th minute. I expected them to get a last minute goal against Leicester, it's like a Hollywood movie watching them.