You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Oh shit not only are the powers that be working overtime to ensure Der Redshite win the league but also making sure Everton are relegated.

Darth Toffeeman

Player Valuation: £50m
That City title win last season left the media and football industry flabbergasted, angry, and determined to settle scores this season. VAR has made it so much easier for them. It's amazing how quickly you can get the job done with it. A team that couldn't buy a title (literally) take their first in 30 years with this in place.
The biggest worry for me though is what the powers that be have in store for Everton.

The perfect narrative for them is they win it whilst the blue half face relegation.

After the celebrations, and rightly so, from our fans, that will not have gone down well. The ball boy clapping Klopp.

They do not want this club at the top table. Never have. And VAR can really stick the knife in if neccessary

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

What ballboy at what match is he talking about?

The 0-0 at Woodison and they were all made up saying Klopp had lost the league and the season was over for us. The ball boy went up to Klopp on the pitch after the final whistle taunting him and he got mildly annoyed.

But on planet blueshite they ruined our season, Klopp was cracking up, our season was finished and the ball boy was a bigger hero than Big Dunc.

Some gentle laughter to brighten up a wet and dull Monday morning. Third. Ha, ha. Third.

Death

Player Valuation: £40m
Dyche, who has put together a solid, hard-working squad at Burnley - assembled for around £38m, roughly equating to 20% of Silva's spend - now sits five points and 12 places above Everton. (from the BBC).

Silva goes and and Brands needs to be accountable for his vision for the team.

Moyes would have this lot top 7 or 8 no probs.
We'd be 3rd easily under the old Moyes.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Some gentle laughter to brighten up a wet and dull Monday morning. Third. Ha, ha. Third.

Death

Dyche, who has put together a solid, hard-working squad at Burnley - assembled for around £38m, roughly equating to 20% of Silva's spend - now sits five points and 12 places above Everton. (from the BBC).

Yes, because Moyes was renowned for his top 4 finishes.

59 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Death

Easily!

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

The days Moyes walks back in is going to be the stuff of legend.

I hope he wears the infamous cardi and comes in holding a champagne flute.

Ten more years!

Ten more years!

10 hours ago, Skrtel Milk said:

Free season ticket for life on the back of that

I see everyone's favourite football "comedian" is at it again although he's since said it's only a joke which it probably was but I reckon a man who played for Everton and threw away a 12 point lead with 12 games to go in 86 maybe is the expert on it .

Funny with Lineker he always seems to have a certain affinity with the teams he used to play for except a certain one....Maybe the bottle job in 86 is the reason why?

15 hours ago, Le Duan said:

So VAR will sort us out and make sure we don’t win as many games - then - we’re 30 years without a title [and nowhere near one], and VAR is now handing the title to us on a plate? Despite yesterday being the first time in 8 games we’ve significantly benefited from it, and despite us having narrowly missed the title three times in the last 30 years, without VAR? Then, despite there being THOUSANDS of posts form themselves saying how shit THEY are.....they’re bracing themselves for some malevolent Premier League conspiracy to keep them where they themselves believe they should be, or even worse?

Where do you start with that?

How did we benefit from VAR this weekend ? The ref gave a pen. It was a pen and even if it wasn't a pen, without VAR it would have still been a pen as the ref gave it as such. The benefit we've had from VAR so far was a Chelsea offside goal being ruled out, which probably last season would have been allowed to stand. 

18 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Free season ticket for life on the back of that

I see everyone's favourite football "comedian" is at it again although he's since said it's only a joke which it probably was but I reckon a man who played for Everton and threw away a 12 point lead with 12 games to go in 86 maybe is the expert on it .

Funny with Lineker he always seems to have a certain affinity with the teams he used to play for except a certain one....Maybe the bottle job in 86 is the reason why?

I realise it's probably not much of a popular point of view, but I don't mind linekar. And I'm not arsed if he wants to have littles goes like this. Is it not what Twitter is for? 

• Upvote 5

Given how shit the usual contenders are 3rd is not as outlandish as it would normally be. If Rafa was in charge with that budget and a handpicked start to the season he would have them up there with at least 14 or 15 points.

Ode to a Relegation Battle

by TS Eliot

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when 
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
or rats' feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar

Booooooooooooooo

Shape without form, shade without colour, 
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other kingdom 
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men 
The stuffed men. 

++

This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images
Are raised, here they receive
The supplication of a dead man's hand
Under the twinkle of a fading star.

Is it like this
In death's other kingdom 
Walking alone
At the hour when we are
Trembling with tenderness
Lips that would kiss
Form prayers to broken stone. 

++

Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm 
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but with a whimper. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You chaps remember Fabian Delph, don’t you? A proven winner. A midfield genius without whom City would not have won the league last year. Experienced. A leader. A steal at £8m.

Well.....

a51a8e5def188c59c590f28a2f5e76f7.jpg

TippEverton

He's atrocious.

cronullasharks

Player Valuation: £30m

Doesn't mind an aimless punt over the sideline

marsh

Player Valuation: £60m
Does my head in. Stupid floated balls anger me more than they should. Our centre midfield is absolutely woeful and it's the key area of the pitch

ToffeeTim

Player Valuation: £70m
Waste of money. Nothing player. Just shouts at his team mates.

JobForTheMoyes

Player Valuation: £15m
They passed forward occasionally too, I'm sure of it.

I honestly think Neville was a much better player. He had the quality to play for Peak Man Utd!

Charro

Player Valuation: £1.5m
Rubbish, old, injury prone and playing a position he’s hardly played for four years.

What a ridiculous signing.

Baines' left foot

Player Valuation: £70m