You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Everton in to the bottom 3 after spending another £100m in the summer. Nothing will be said though as they are the media darlings

Rubbish

The media, FA, UEFA, Fifa, the US Senate, krypton, Horus all hate them. 

So VAR will sort us out and make sure we don’t win as many games - then - we’re 30 years without a title [and nowhere near one], and VAR is now handing the title to us on a plate? Despite yesterday being the first time in 8 games we’ve significantly benefited from it, and despite us having narrowly missed the title three times in the last 30 years, without VAR? Then, despite there being THOUSANDS of posts form themselves saying how shit THEY are.....they’re bracing themselves for some malevolent Premier League conspiracy to keep them where they themselves believe they should be, or even worse?

Where do you start with that?

Edited by Le Duan

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Oh shit not only are the powers that be working overtime to ensure Der Redshite win the league but also making sure Everton are relegated.

Darth Toffeeman

Player Valuation: £50m
That City title win last season left the media and football industry flabbergasted, angry, and determined to settle scores this season. VAR has made it so much easier for them. It's amazing how quickly you can get the job done with it. A team that couldn't buy a title (literally) take their first in 30 years with this in place.
The biggest worry for me though is what the powers that be have in store for Everton.

The perfect narrative for them is they win it whilst the blue half face relegation.

After the celebrations, and rightly so, from our fans, that will not have gone down well. The ball boy clapping Klopp.

They do not want this club at the top table. Never have. And VAR can really stick the knife in if neccessary

Hahaha! Last year the narrative was that when VAR came into operation this season, we'd be 'found out' and get none of the dodgy decisions that we got in our favour last season. Nice revisionism.

Safe to say that no matter what happens going forwards, we will never, ever, be credited with having the best team in the country, with the best coach, playing the best football.

We could win the league by a country mile and add the Champions League too and it’d still be fixed, a conspiracy, doping, biased officials etc., etc..

Some of the shite being spouted against us is pretty much bordering on the unforgivable, it is miles away from “Bantz” certainly.

Maybe we should just take a “Millwall-esque” attitude towards the rest of the country?

No-one likes us so we don’t fucking care.

Perhaps we need to be more The Unbearables?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Safe to say that no matter what happens going forwards, we will never, ever, be credited with having the best team in the country, with the best coach, playing the best football.

We could win the league by a country mile and add the Champions League too and it’d still be fixed, a conspiracy, doping, biased officials etc., etc..

Some of the shite being spouted against us is pretty much bordering on the unforgivable, it is miles away from “Bantz” certainly.

Maybe we should just take a “Millwall-esque” attitude towards the rest of the country?

No-one likes us so we don’t fucking care.

Perhaps we need to be more The Unbearables?

Ah, it's only a very small subset of people posting that sort of crap, even amongst Everton fans. Besides which, if we're winning, I couldn't give a flying fuck what some keyboard warrior thinks.

• Upvote 1

I should really take your view fella, but it irks me that in the 50 or so years I’ve followed the club actually going to games, we have hardly been really credited for having some of the best footballing sides to grace the First Division/Premier League.

Praise seems to be grudgingly given if it’s given at all.

I would like to think it’s a minority who spew the bile, but I’m not convinced it is, having been in pubs and places through work where I haven’t been known to be a Liverpool fan and hearing utter shite spouted about everything to do with the club.

For the first time ever, I really wouldn’t be arsed if Everton went down and stayed down, despite having family members who are blues.

And as for the cockneys and mancs, well. . . . . 

31 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

I should really take your view fella, but it irks me that in the 50 or so years I’ve followed the club actually going to games, we have hardly been really credited for having some of the best footballing sides to grace the First Division/Premier League.

Praise seems to be grudgingly given if it’s given at all.

I would like to think it’s a minority who spew the bile, but I’m not convinced it is, having been in pubs and places through work where I haven’t been known to be a Liverpool fan and hearing utter shite spouted about everything to do with the club.

For the first time ever, I really wouldn’t be arsed if Everton went down and stayed down, despite having family members who are blues.

And as for the cockneys and mancs, well. . . . . 

Mate, I would say to you respectfully...stop looking for an external reference for your happiness in LFC. You don't need that outside validation. Just enjoy what we have now. It's really easy to do. What's not to like about Kloppo? What's not to like about these players? 

(We) footie fans see what we wanna see. So other clubs' fans will naturally be resentful.

Bask in the warm glow of watching Virge play as the 'designated adult'. Enjoy Mo leaving players standing. Enjoy Mane's brilliance.

I don't even say "fuck 'em" ...about fans of other teams...I say pity 'em. They haven't got this...

...and we won't have it forever.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to withdraw all this, the next time we lose.

• Upvote 6