You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Psychological self-harm.

davek

Player Valuation: £70m

This is the result of game after game of decisions going Liverpool's way and against City. It's resulted in the blunting of City's edge and desire.

Job done by the VAR gang. And quicker than they thought they could achieve it too.

ToffeeTim

This is the result of game after game of decisions going Liverpool's way and against City. It's resulted in the blunting of City's edge and desire.

Job done by the VAR gang. And quicker than they thought they could achieve it too.
Get a grip Dave

Oh shit not only are the powers that be working overtime to ensure Der Redshite win the league but also making sure Everton are relegated.

Darth Toffeeman

Player Valuation: £50m
That City title win last season left the media and football industry flabbergasted, angry, and determined to settle scores this season. VAR has made it so much easier for them. It's amazing how quickly you can get the job done with it. A team that couldn't buy a title (literally) take their first in 30 years with this in place.
The biggest worry for me though is what the powers that be have in store for Everton.

The perfect narrative for them is they win it whilst the blue half face relegation.

After the celebrations, and rightly so, from our fans, that will not have gone down well. The ball boy clapping Klopp.

They do not want this club at the top table. Never have. And VAR can really stick the knife in if neccessary

8 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Oh shit not only are the powers that be working overtime to ensure Der Redshite win the league but also making sure Everton are relegated.

Darth Toffeeman

That City title win last season left the media and football industry flabbergasted, angry, and determined to settle scores this season. VAR has made it so much easier for them. It's amazing how quickly you can get the job done with it. A team that couldn't buy a title (literally) take their first in 30 years with this in place.
The biggest worry for me though is what the powers that be have in store for Everton.

The perfect narrative for them is they win it whilst the blue half face relegation.

After the celebrations, and rightly so, from our fans, that will not have gone down well. The ball boy clapping Klopp.

They do not want this club at the top table. Never have. And VAR can really stick the knife in if neccessary

They are that deluded now. It should be classed as a form of mental illness. And they always call us victims and it's never our fault?

Darth Toffeeman and DaveK have disappeared down the rabbit hole. This is superb.

Darth Toffeeman

Is spot on.

The swell of pressure from the media is unbearable. All of it creates clicks from the horde. Eventually any mortal will crumble under that pressure.

VARse has added more fuel, favouring the RS at every opportunity.

The game is dead.

davek

Is spot on.

The swell of pressure from the media is unbearable. All of it creates clicks from the horde. Eventually any mortal will crumble under that pressure.

The game is dead.

Correct, and leaving VAR aside for a second, that pressure from the media vis-a-vis Liverpool is something City have had to contend with for over a year. They were undermined at every step by them all last season and managed to raise themselves above it, coming from points behnd each week to do so. That sort of pressure is telling. Add VAR in and that becomes insurmountable.

I'd suggest that anyone who doesnt accept that doesn't know too much about competitive football

Darth Toffeeman

Correct, and leaving VAR aside for a second, that pressure from the media vis-a-vis Liverpool is something City have had to contend with for over a year. They were undermined at every step by them all last season and managed to raise themselves above it, coming from points behnd each week to do so. That sort of pressure is telling. Add VAR in and that becomes insurmountable.

I'd suggest that anyone who doesnt accept that doesn't know too much about competitive football.

Every single paper. Every single pundit.

There will be a twist.
There will be another twist...

City won out against a tidal wave of ---- begging them to slip like Stevie.

It was disgusting and downright wrong.

I cannot type exactly what I think of such behaviour.

davek

There will be a twist.

Darth Toffeeman

They do not want this club at the top table. Never have. And VAR can really stick the knife in if neccessary.

davek

They do not want this club at the top table. Never have. And VAR can really stick the knife in if neccessary.
No one is safe from it because it's unaccountable and cant be appealed against. If the industry determines it wants a shake up and see a struggling Everton taking up a place in their league and that our survival would mean a newly promoted club they like to cover were relegated, who knows. A major institution like Everton - top flight since the 50s - went down, what a story for them to sparkle a bang average title race in sone season?

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Darth Toffeeman and DaveK have disappeared down the rabbit hole. This is superb.

Darth Toffeeman

Is spot on.

The game is dead.

davek

Is spot on.

The game is dead.

I'd suggest that anyone who doesnt accept that doesn't know too much about competitive football

Darth Toffeeman

I'd suggest that anyone who doesnt accept that doesn't know too much about competitive football.

There will be a twist.

davek

There will be a twist.

Darth Toffeeman

davek

No one is safe from it because it's unaccountable and cant be appealed against. If the industry determines it wants a shake up and see a struggling Everton taking up a place in their league and that our survival would mean a newly promoted club they like to cover were relegated, who knows. A major institution like Everton - top flight since the 50s - went down, what a story for them to sparkle a bang average title race in sone season?

Mentally ill

24 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Darth Toffeeman

Forgets that lack of VAR stopped them being Leeds before Leeds in 97/98

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/would-you-take-moyes.108155/page-32#post-7330988

After 12 years it was the least he deserved....
Shame is he should of stayed & things would be different...

Why would they have been different?

He has won nothing in his career, absolutely nothing.

Moyes was a decent but limited manager. If he stayed we would have been in pretty much the same position as he was when he was here because that is his level. He is not brave enough to push on from there.

I find the cognitive dissonance in this post quite disturbing. What ever happened to 'You don't have to be a winner to be a winner, but he's a winner?

If I was writing a script for the PL, from the perspective of wanting an extremely well supported Club to do well and drag in some more cash for the product as a whole, I reckon I would have had Liverpool winning the league a few more times than they have over the last 30 years.