You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

51 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The Esk saying they need to borrow £350m and the rest will be funded by Moshiri. This was based on the stadium costing £500m. So if it has really gone up to £700m are they going to borrow the extra money or is Moshiri going to put another £200m on the club?

He says that the interest payments on the £350m will cost £17.5m per year without even making any in road to the capital repayment. 

Bearing in mind they will make a pre-tax loss of £100m and their revenue has remained static or declined. They have signed more players in the summer and looks like another year without European football.

It would probably kill them off. Pulling the plug on it is probably best for the club and build elsewhere. 

Alternatively, pressing ahead with the build and debt, going bust, and going out of existence would be better in the long run for them, their wives, their families; and anyone who has to put up with their bile and conspiracy theories. Though this thread would suffer, and we'd not be able to laugh at them anymore. So, yes, they should pull out.

18 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's basically more than double what they originally stated. The cost of steel, piling and filling in the dock as well as contributing to the local area have skyrocketed. Laing O Rourke have reportedly been offered the contract. The ones who fucked up the Royal hospital.

It was always an over ambitious plan.  They will probably end up with an MK Dons type stadium on the East Lancs road or just backtrack saying they could never leave the "old lady" behind. Big Gay Bill, Denise BB and Moshiri will need to start planning their escape like the Nazis do in Allo Allo when they all want to fuck off to Argentina or Paraguay.

Carillion fucked up the hospital didn’t They?

16 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

How the fuck can it take £100M to fill the dock? What are they filling it with? If the fans are really keen to see this through, they could make a material contribution... literally. They must have enough shirts of teams the Redshite have played, among them, to fill the dock ten times over. Saves them a fortune, and clears out every attic to Rhyl and beyond

Concrete isn’t cheap. Piling isn’t cheap. Stadium isn’t real.

14 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Carillion fucked up the hospital didn’t They?

They did but didn't LOR take over the project in 2018 and have been criticised for virtually no progress? 

"Fucked up" maybe is a bit harsh. Aren't they the company that takes forever to pay its construction workers?

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They did but didn't LOR take over the project in 2018 and have been criticised for virtually no progress? 

"Fucked up" maybe is a bit harsh. Aren't they the company that takes forever to pay its construction workers?

Not sure i’ve never had anything to do with them. The whole Hospital mess is a disgrace.

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Even if not quite this, more frequent, more extreme storms are heading to the waterfront from the next decade or so onwards. That would mean more cancellations (on crowd safety grounds), meaning more fixture congestion and even less chance of any success.

I have tried mentioning this (along with the absence of funding, planning consent, transport plans, designs and land, etc.) to some of my Bloo chums, but I just get poo-pooed because I'm a jealous, bitter, scared RS and my head has fallen off.

But at least for a couple of years it’ll still be the first thing that cruise ships will see when they sail in to port before it becomes the Atlantis stadium 

29 minutes ago, Red74 said:

But at least for a couple of years it’ll still be the first thing that cruise ships will see when they sail in to port before it becomes the Atlantis stadium 

I reckon this was the grand unicorn idea that got the whole thing moving, and they've been caught up with it and in it ever since, that they failed to see the flaws in the most basic concept of the filling of the dock and that's before even considering the environmental impact over the coming years as the climate diminishes ever further.

If the Moshiri and all his bum chums dont sack Silva after this then its time to get rid of Moshiri......
Definitely more scrutiny needs to go Moshiri's way

Silva was his guy and he dragged us into all sorts of bother with Watford and the footballing authorities to get him

Every single one of his managerial appointments have been disasters. I honestly wouldn't mind if he sodded off now to be honest. He's failed in every area but the stadium

Sick of him, he's a clueless melt,

And my favourite. Apparently our penalty was match fixing. The sad cunts. Anyway, one down, thirty odd thousand to go.

chrismpw

Player Valuation: £70m
Oh how I do love match fixing.

This twisted, disgusting vile muck pretending to be a sport is dead.
Quite. 

It's been creeping up on me for a few years now buy now its official. The rs buying pens at will, we can't buy a goal, the overpaid prima donnas rolling about cheating at the slightest touch, the scripting of the league, the dominance of big brand teams for tv, the endless gambling ads, the moral and sporting void with dodgy deals and overseas 'investors' thieving the heart and soul of our teams, the absence of home grown talent in the league - pro football is dead to me today. I've had enough of feeling miserable on the weekend (or whenever the armchair viewer dictates when we play).

Staying on here for the craic and the love like - but I'll be avoiding looking up any results from now on.

Someone let me know if we win the league and I'll happy raise a retrospective glass of whatever is socially acceptable at that stage in the future.

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:
If the Moshiri and all his bum chums dont sack Silva after this then its time to get rid of Moshiri......
Definitely more scrutiny needs to go Moshiri's way

Silva was his guy and he dragged us into all sorts of bother with Watford and the footballing authorities to get him

Every single one of his managerial appointments have been disasters. I honestly wouldn't mind if he sodded off now to be honest. He's failed in every area but the stadium

Sick of him, he's a clueless melt,

Wait, what now?