You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

12 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

How the fuck can it take £100M to fill the dock? What are they filling it with? If the fans are really keen to see this through, they could make a material contribution... literally. They must have enough shirts of teams the Redshite have played, among them, to fill the dock ten times over. Saves them a fortune, and clears out every attic to Rhyl and beyond

Probably the same way it cost Liverpool £50m to do a few mock ups of a new stadium in Stanley Park.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's like laughing and bragging to your neighbour that their house looks shit with a loft conversion and that you are moving to a brand new house in Formby made by some shit hot architect only to end up buying a Redrow home in Bootle. 

I'd rather live in Bootle than Formby

The most risk in the majority of building projects is getting out of the ground, when you're building that ground from scratch then it has to be the first thing you bottom out. Spending three years and millions of pounds to get to this point borders on corruption. I'd fucking love me a job designing unicorn stadia that never get built for shed loads of money.

Oh Id love this to be true because I and many others have been telling the BS this isnt getting built. But £100m to fill in a dock so it can be built upon? Excuse me for being a tad skeptical but all they need to is put a message out to all the PI keys and cowboy builders saying dump your hardcore and rubbish here for free and they'll have it filled in 6 months tops!

Got to live them

One bloo

I think we can still get it done just smaller. Paying back a loan of 275ml shouldn't be hard for a Premier league team

Quick look at finances

77% of turnover on wages before a load more expensive deals this summer and another big summer transfer pot to add to that. 

Another 

Its just stinks of RS jealous plot

Screenshot_20191005_003337_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191005_003324_com.android.chrome.jpg

6 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I cant see where they would be able to build a big stadium in Rainhill. Plus the transport infrastructure would never cope. The train station is too small and the buses take fucking years from town or anywhere else.

Nowhere mate although the mental hospital would be apt. 

They filled the Herculeum Dock by Otterspool prom in the 80s, they filled Bromborough dock in the 90s. I remember Bromborough Dock before it was filled in and while they were tipping, and it took years and years to do. So when they started talking about filling in Bramley Moore and having the stadium up and running within a certain period, it didn't ring true at all. 

Why come up with such an expensive ambitious plan when your whole reason for being their owner was the lure of that free commonwealth games stadium. 

58 minutes ago, φαίνω said:

....that free commonwealth games stadium. 

That’s really where I thought it was dead in the water. Pun intended. Once the Commonwealth Games went elsewhere, the plan went chippy tits up.

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Oh Id love this to be true because I and many others have been telling the BS this isnt getting built. But £100m to fill in a dock so it can be built upon? Excuse me for being a tad skeptical but all they need to is put a message out to all the PI keys and cowboy builders saying dump your hardcore and rubbish here for free and they'll have it filled in 6 months tops!

You still have to build waterproof retaining walls and foundations down to some sort of level ground before you can even think about building the superstructure. Tipping any old shite in there won't work. Incidentally, this also applies to the team if they ever do complete it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Karl_b said:

The most risk in the majority of building projects is getting out of the ground, when you're building that ground from scratch then it has to be the first thing you bottom out. Spending three years and millions of pounds to get to this point borders on corruption. I'd fucking love me a job designing unicorn stadia that never get built for shed loads of money.

Almost repped for "stadia". Unfortunately you then lost marks for the tautological "unicorn stadia that never get built". One hand giveth, the other taketh away. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Had a quick flick through that, some of them are actually rationalising this as a good thing as it wouldn't have been possible to expand the stadium. They seriously think they're likely to get more than 55K per game. I need a shower and some brain bleach to get rid of the taint of stupid.

11 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Bramley Moore by the time they've raise the finances 

_109104936_flood.jpg

Even if not quite this, more frequent, more extreme storms are heading to the waterfront from the next decade or so onwards. That would mean more cancellations (on crowd safety grounds), meaning more fixture congestion and even less chance of any success.

I have tried mentioning this (along with the absence of funding, planning consent, transport plans, designs and land, etc.) to some of my Bloo chums, but I just get poo-pooed because I'm a jealous, bitter, scared RS and my head has fallen off.

The Esk saying they need to borrow £350m and the rest will be funded by Moshiri. This was based on the stadium costing £500m. So if it has really gone up to £700m are they going to borrow the extra money or is Moshiri going to put another £200m on the club?

He says that the interest payments on the £350m will cost £17.5m per year without even making any in road to the capital repayment. 

Bearing in mind they will make a pre-tax loss of £100m and their revenue has remained static or declined. They have signed more players in the summer and looks like another year without European football.

It would probably kill them off. Pulling the plug on it is probably best for the club and build elsewhere.