You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

My brother-in-law showed the Dave From Little Sutton tweet to his girlfriend. Uh-oh. She remembers many instances of going to school on a Monday morning and bracing herself for the inevitable "did you listen to Radio Merseyside over the weekend" comments. She has begged him many times over the years not to make a public spectacle of them all, to no avail. Anyway, she got past the first couple of tweets and started crying. I say without a flicker of irony or condescension that she deserves better. No-one deserves that, but she's a wonderful person who makes the world a better place for everyone around her. Worra cock he is.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

In that context: I was listening to Leon Osman on Irish radio last night. He was reflecting on the strength of Everton's home form last season, which included (and I quote) "seeing off Liverpool"...

Sorry, need to correct myself: we were "sent packing"...

3'20" above...

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Sorry, need to correct myself: we were "sent packing"...

3'20" above...

That just reminded me of that Manc spiv sat in his bedroom spouting shite. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Those 20 (probably a lot more to come) years will be forgotten when they finally beat us. Hopefully I'll be dead by then, plus at the ripe old age of 55 there is a good chance of me pushing up the daisies before they beat us at Anfield. 

20 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Those 20 (probably a lot more to come) years will be forgotten when they finally beat us. Hopefully I'll be dead by then, plus at the ripe old age of 55 there is a good chance of me pushing up the daisies before they beat us at Anfield. 

Never give hostages to fortune mate.  I shall blame you if the unthinkable happens

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Never give hostages to fortune mate.  I shall blame you if the unthinkable happens

I won't be around to blame if karma is a thing. Probably best off checking my life insurance to be on the safe side. 

Seriously though, it could be a long time before they beat us at our place. We're in their heads and have a far superior manager and squad of players. Mind you, we have to wait until the 4th December to play them at Anfield, they could have a new manager by then, but he'll still have the same players. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I won't be around to blame if karma is a thing. Probably best off checking my life insurance to be on the safe side. 

Seriously though, it could be a long time before they beat us at our place. We're in their heads and have a far superior manager and squad of players. Mind you, we have to wait until the 4th December to play them at Anfield, they could have a new manager by then, but he'll still have the same players. 

It's going to happen at some point and every year I just cross my fingers an hope it's not this time. They gave us two tough games last season and we were lucky at Anfield to win.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, magicrat said:

It's going to happen at some point and every year I just cross my fingers an hope it's not this time. They gave us two tough games last season and we were lucky at Anfield to win.

We won though, and although it may have been lucky we never looked like losing tbf. Of course it will happen one day, just takes a shite performance from the players or an official. When it finally does come about it will probably have a positive affect on our club as we bounce back, it will probably have the opposite affect for those fuckers, once the pandemonium settles down they'll just go back to being Everton. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

We won though, and although it may have been lucky we never looked like losing tbf. Of course it will happen one day, just takes a shite performance from the players or an official. When it finally does come about it will probably have a positive affect on our club as we bounce back, it will probably have the opposite affect for those fuckers, once the pandemonium settles down they'll just go back to being Everton. 

They are shit as we know but form always goes out the window to some extent and as you say we could have an off day and gift them a lead which they then defend for their lives.  I used to look forward to the Derbies but these days just happy to get them over with. 

Guest Pistonbroke
27 minutes ago, magicrat said:

They are shit as we know but form always goes out the window to some extent and as you say we could have an off day and gift them a lead which they then defend for their lives.  I used to look forward to the Derbies but these days just happy to get them over with. 

I feel the same, it is always the same with the red Mancs and Chelsea as well, hate those games. The Blue Mancs I'm more comfortable with as they are just like some kid having flash trainers because his dad has a good job, they'll be wearing cheap trabs at some point though. It's weird though, although i don't particularly like the likes of Bayern, Real or Barcelona etc, I look forward to playing European giants a lot more than facing the domestic teams I've mentioned. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

I've always said that they'll be like the team you're beating ten nil down the park ,when you were young ,and someone says "next goal wins" and the losing side gets it and celebrates like the 300 Spartans at the battle of thermopylae

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, niallers said:

I've always said that they'll be like the team you're beating ten nil down the park ,when you were young ,and someone says "next goal wins" and the losing side gets it and celebrates like the 300 Spartans at the battle of thermopylae

In fairness, when it happens it will be understandable that they go crazy. What's seldom is wonderful. Of course, they'll then claim it's not that big a deal because Class And Dignity and it's really der Redshite who go overboard over some tinpot European FA Cup.