You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Bottom half. No manager could get that squad in the top 8. Obviously the top 6 then Wolves and Leicester are far better. Silva will be gone if not this week then after the inevitable mauling next week. 

I don't think they would sack Silva if they get thumped next week, half of them will be celebrating and the manager will wheel out the usual excuses that it's city. They will have to field a very strong side midweek in the League Cup so I'd expect them to ship over 5 to city next week.

Who would they get if they sacked Silva? They need better players and the have spent hundreds of millions on shite. Only the usual suspect would take a job there and that wouldn't help them. 

P Neville would be mad to go there, he'd lose his cushy no job with no expectations to be boo'd every weekend by their fans. I'm sure he knows how toxic they are and wouldn't go back there for any amount of money. 

I could see Moyes going back. 

Moshiri's millions (of loans) £350m isn't it? Where is the money, hidden under some cushions with the Arteta money?

He's up to his tax avoiding neck in it and couldn't sell up if he wanted to. BGB spent years and years trying to sell the place and the only thing that got him the bite was the smell of a free stadium. When that evaporated all that was left was the stench of the sewerage works at Bramley Moore. 

He said at their latest club meeting (Moshiri) that he wasn't spending any more. I guess there's only so debt you can load a club with.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

First season for about 10 years I haven't put the bet on to wind my Evertonian mates up , so knowing my betting record it could happen.

I had my customary fiver on them before the start of the season, got 39/1 on it. Better sides have been relegated, it's got to happen eventually. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, φαίνω said:

Moshiri's millions (of loans) £350m isn't it? Where is the money, hidden under some cushions with the Arteta money?

He's up to his tax avoiding neck in it and couldn't sell up if he wanted to. BGB spent years and years trying to sell the place and the only thing that got him the bite was the smell of a free stadium. When that evaporated all that was left was the stench of the sewerage works at Bramley Moore. 

He said at their latest club meeting (Moshiri) that he wasn't spending any more. I guess there's only so debt you can load a club with.

I think it is £480m to £500m.

I saw an article a few weeks back that claimed Everton will make a pre tax loss of over £100m. Goodison only generates between £14m to £17m a year and they haven't qualified for European football for 2 years. The way they are going they won't be qualifying this season either. They lost 2 or 3 commercial partners during the summer and had to go back to Umbro for a crap kit deal after trying to fuck them off for a bigger manufacturer but didn't get any offers. The axa training kit deal for us is better than their actual kit deal.

If they sack Marco Silva they will have to pay him off and also pay compensation if they go after a manager already employed. 

I bet Moshiri wishes he would have just stayed on the Arsenal board. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

The game against Sheffield United today is bound to pop up on a Question of Sport in a few years time , which team had 1 shot on target and won 2 nil watch out for it 

It's happened a few times before. Someone may have even scored 3 from 1 shot or 2 from none.

Annoying thing is I fooled myself in to thinking City would have to play at least 37 games this season, with Evertons handy start I had figured they would have their own season to worry about before September's out.

David Moyes is in that group of managers...

TheBigIguana

Player Valuation: £70m

He's in that group of managers along with guys like Mourinho, Wenger, and Mancini that I don't think have adapted enough to be successful at the highest levels of club football anymore. The game has been dominated in recent years by high intensity sides who can effectively press and dominate the opposition by giving them no time on the ball and being able to keep it themselves. None of those guys do that and as a result they've all slowly faded away.

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:
David Moyes is in that group of managers...

TheBigIguana

Player Valuation: £70m

He's in that group of managers along with guys like Mourinho, Wenger, and Mancini that I don't think have adapted enough to be successful at the highest levels of club football anymore. The game has been dominated in recent years by high intensity sides who can effectively press and dominate the opposition by giving them no time on the ball and being able to keep it themselves. None of those guys do that and as a result they've all slowly faded away.

He doesn't have to be in that group to be in that group, but he is in that group. 

• Upvote 16