You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, sir roger said:

I like Howe and think he will do a good job at a higher level club than Bournemouth.

I like him as well, well spoken and all that. I don't rate him as a manager though, well not highly anyway. He's had quite a bit of money to spend at Bournemouth and I'm not sure a lot of his bigger signings have improved them that much or have improved under his management. I wouldn't say he was a bad manager either, just a mid table plodder. I reckon he'd be lost at a bigger club with a shit load of money at his disposal. Even though the players he bought in haven't improved them, they still buy into his philosophy and give it their all for him. Not sure how he'd handle egos. 

having said that, he's one of the best British managers on the scene at the moment, which speaks volumes about the LMA brigade and their jobs for the boys approach over the years. 

Howe there would be a bit like Sarri or Ancelotti (Rafa should go without saying, but have done anyway) at Chelsea. I obviously still want them to lose the majority of games, but not from any enmity towards them as individuals whatsoever. It would be a genuine shame to watch a decent fella get tarnished by association, but needs must and it’s the price on the ticket.

Moyes, Neville, Ferguson, Stubbs, Unsworth, Cahill, anyone like that, it just becomes two-for-one. Particularly in the case of the first pair of cunts, it would be as much enjoyment at their struggles as it would the club. Gollum himself at United perfectly exemplifies the sentiment. Plenty of that enjoyment was purely at watching him slowly being boiled alive for our comedy pleasure. Toffee-apple combed, derelict wretch that he is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, sir roger said:

First season for about 10 years I haven't put the bet on to wind my Evertonian mates up , so knowing my betting record it could happen.

Here's hoping. 

It's difficult to understand their weird, bitter mentality most of the time. Luckily, the Modfather himself shed some light on it:

Image result for paul weller red Smug, redshite bastard.

Is happiness real or am I so jaded?
Can't see or feel like a man been tainted
Numbed by the effect, aware of the muse
Too in touch with myself, I light the fuse
I'm the changing man
Whoa
Built on shifting sand
Yea
I'm changing man
Whoa
Waiting for the bang
(Bang)
As I light a bitter fuse
Our time is on loan, only us to borrow
An' I know
But I can't be today, I can be tomorrow
Yea, all I see, the more I know
The more I know, the less I understand
I'm the changing man
Built on shifting sands
Yea
I'm a changing man
I' m waiting for the bang
To light a bitter fuse

Image result for paul weller red

3 hours ago, littletedwest said:

A blue I know put on Facebook " only we could be 2 down to a team who had one shot on target "

Back at the ranch, he's trying to put a positive spin on the story to tell his mate...

"Well, we restricted them to only one shot on target"

"So who scored for us, and what did we win by?

"Errr... we lost 2-0"

And so, with the losses to Bournemouth and Sheffield, Yerry Mina has completed his journey from the World Cup and Barcelona starlet who was spirited away to Everton by the magic of Brandalf, to injured player needing playing time, to his final resting place as shite.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/yerry-mina.107750/page-37

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

So they have lost to two of the promoted teams, and yet to play the best of the three. Norwich will turn them over. 

All things point to the Championship being their level.

Considering they've been beaten by two teams from the Championship already I'd say they'd struggle there too.

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell mate, you've been shite for 25 years and still think you have a divine right to be at the top of the football food chain. Apart from a few seasons in the 80s and 60s you've won absolutely fuck all. 

You say Kopites are cringeworthy and deluded. Why the fuck would Mourinho go near you or why do your fans think you even have a choice in the matter. Get back in your box and fuck off. 

• Upvote 7

They've had the easiest start to the season, I mean considering the start Koerman had with them. They'll undoubtedly end up with 7 points from 7 games at the end of next weekend.

Watford have played Arsenal and Man City

Newcastle have played us, Spurs and Arsenal 

Wolves have played Man Utd and Chelsea while negotiating Europa play offs etc

Norwich have played us, Chelsea and Man City

They haven't faced anyone of note and sit only one or two points away from half of those above. A bit early to predict where they will finish but if they continue like this it could be a shocker. 

Their next six league games. 

City H
Burnley A
West Ham H
Brighton A
Spurs H
Soton A

3 minutes ago, φαίνω said:

They've had the easiest start to the season, I mean considering the start Koerman had with them. They'll undoubtedly end up with 7 points from 7 games at the end of next weekend.

Watford have played Arsenal and Man City

Newcastle have played us, Spurs and Arsenal 

Wolves have played Man Utd and Chelsea while negotiating Europa play offs etc

Norwich have played us, Chelsea and Man City

They haven't faced anyone of note and sit only one or two points away from half of those above. A bit early to predict where they will finish but if they continue like this it could be a shocker. 

Bottom half. No manager could get that squad in the top 8. Obviously the top 6 then Wolves and Leicester are far better. Silva will be gone if not this week then after the inevitable mauling next week.