You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

BigDuncis Blue

BigDuncis Blue

Player Valuation: £1.5m
I can believe it. A loss doesn't even ruin my weekend anymore.
Haha...agreed....i am on holiday....out the country....with my family.....new top on (3rd kit of course)...pissed....so looking forward to today....closing in on the RS.....then this....

This dippit cunt actually believes that they were closing in on us.

Are these cunts living in an alternate reality or something ?  I've seen deluded twats in my time, but this fucking beaut takes the biscuit.  He takes the whole fucking packet, crumbs and all.

I think Evertonians are the most deluded fans in the country and maybe even Europe.

Firstly all this doing things with class and dignity shite they bang on about.

Then there is all this big giant club shite - they've won absolutely fuck all in a quarter of a century and a grand total of 8 major trophies post WW2....they've never won either of the two top European trophies, they've never even won the League Cup.

They've qualified for European competition just 7 times since the ban on English clubs was lifted, with just 1 of them being in the elite competition....and we all know how that ended with them failing to get through the qualifying rounds.

Their best performance in that time in Europe is a last 16 loss in the Europa League.

Their average league position finish since the formation of the PL is 10th.

They live in the shadow of a truly global giant club in their city.

Yet to listen to loads of them they are a giant club.

Absolute bollocks.

• Upvote 4

Small victories. Winning without winning. Proud of keeping the score down to 2 or 3. Result! 

ToffeeDan

ToffeeDan

Player Valuation: £70m
So we don't "usually donate" six points to them.
Let the record show that we are just about the only side Dubai FC have never turned over (and we did them 4-0 and would have beaten them in the LC 2-1 and 1-0 up before a shocking Lino call). 

They put 6 past United Away, 6 past Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, 5 past Liverpool and countless other huge scores against many others. They usually murder West Ham for example. We should be proud that we usually give them a proper game.

15 minutes ago, an tha said:

I think Evertonians are the most deluded fans in the country and maybe even Europe.

Firstly all this doing things with class and dignity shite they bang on about.

Then there is all this big giant club shite - they've won absolutely fuck all in a quarter of a century and a grand total of 8 major trophies post WW2....they've never won either of the two top European trophies, they've never even won the League Cup.

They've qualified for European competition just 7 times since the ban on English clubs was lifted, with just 1 of them being in the elite competition....and we all know how that ended with them failing to get through the qualifying rounds.

Their best performance in that time in Europe is a last 16 loss in the Europa League.

Their average league position finish since the formation of the PL is 10th.

They live in the shadow of a truly global giant club in their city.

Yet to listen to loads of them they are a giant club.

Absolute bollocks.

Seen a few of them saying they should get Mourinho to replace Silva. Mourinho wouldn't go anywhere near them. 

If they sack Marco Silva that's another couple of million down the drain and then they will just have to hire another average manager. 

Even if they didn't qualify for European football for another 5 or 6 years they will still tell Everyone how much of a big club they are and quote all their pointless slogans like school of science, born not manufactured etc.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Seen a few of them saying they should get Mourinho to replace Silva. Mourinho wouldn't go anywhere near them. 

If they sack Marco Silva that's another couple of million down the drain and then they will just have to hire another average manager. 

Even if they didn't qualify for European football for another 5 or 6 years they will still tell Everyone how much of a big club they are and quote all their pointless slogans like school of science, born not manufactured etc.

They really are incredibly deluded.

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

They really are incredibly deluded.

I can remember when Koeman left Southampton for them and Southampton fans were baffled by his choice to go there saying it wasn't a step up. A lot of them lost the plot and said it was disrespectful towards Everton.

Rafa made their heads fall off when he said "this is what it is like when you play the small clubs". 

No one apart from them believe that they are a massive club. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I can remember when Koeman left Southampton for them and Southampton fans were baffled by his choice to go there saying it wasn't a step up. A lot of them lost the plot and said it was disrespectful towards Everton.

Rafa made their heads fall off when he said "this is what it is like when you play the small clubs". 

No one apart from them believe that they are a massive club. 

Spot on that.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Spot on that.

Basically they are rivals to us only by geography. Although there aren't many greater feelings in football than beating them and pissing off their deluded fans. Even more so when they've been telling us for months how good they are. 

Espanyol don't think they have a divine right to be in the top 4 in Spain simply because their ground isn't that far from the Nou Camp.

• Upvote 1

Yup. Totally realistic....

TheBigIguana

Player Valuation: £70m

Mate....do you seriously expect us to finish higher than 7-9th? We have 2 Arsenal rejects who play for us.....the team who are supposed to be the worst "top 6" side.
Are we sure Iwobi is worse than Pepe who Arsenal paid an extra 30m for? Regardless of any of that yes this season it is totally realistic for Everton and Leicester (maybe West Ham, Wolves are doomed by Europa) to aim for higher than 7th. But that also requires the managers of those teams to get it right because they are still weaker squads overall. That's why it's tough to see Marco having no answers for the away form.

Also Watford has 30 shots against Arsenal today and Burnley of all teams had 18. Totally realistic to finish above that side even with Aubameyang being unreal.

11 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

And that post right there sums them up. Mourinho who seeks the job that gives him the most money to spend so he has an advantage over the whole league, he would suddenly take himself to Everton? Oh shit. I forgot. They have uncle uzzi. Of course they should sack Silva and get mourinho. Silly me. 

• Upvote 2

I've been blocked by Ian Irvine. I don't follow him, didn't react/respond directly to any of his tweets, and don't have anything LFC related in my bio. I probably liked one or two of the responses to his tweet, so I'm guessing (I'm doing that lot of late with respect to the Bloos, it's hard to get a handle on what makes them tick) he looked at every like to every response and blocked every one of them. Deranged.

• Upvote 3

It's been the case since the 90s. Being a Liverpool fan means wanting your team to be the best in the land and rule European football. Things that the club have done before. Being an Everton fan is a popularity contest to prove how much you hate der redshite. The weirdest thing is that the club itself actively embraces this ethos.

• Upvote 3