You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

That's as bad and mad as anything I have heard. Bizarre list of 'achievements' imcluding the electronic scoreboard, plus the most tortured and strtetched attempts at rhyme siince 'Ozzy's going to Wembley: his legs have gone all trembly'.

'Names written in stone', 'the Gwladys Street stairs' and Alan Ball's boots all get a mention but fuck all about any of the trophies they have won. I thought our singing about Gary Mac's baldy head was and Peter Crouch's feet was weak but this is skin crawlingly awful . Guaranteed hit at the Grand Old Whore's disco. 

1 hour ago, John102 said:

Every time i come home to liverpool there is some shite show on that appears to have been written by a school kid for a competition. The city loves this shite.

Since that ' Brick up the Mersey Tunnels ' was a massive success it has became a compete twatfest on the Royal Court, Playhouse & Epstein.

• Upvote 1

Since 1787 the Everton Lock-up has stood at the peak of Everton Brow. There is a rich history and many untold stories attached to this small tower and Goodison Park. Tonight, they are about to unfold…

Celebrating 125 years of Goodison Park, Everton FC has organised an event outside the Lock-Up to promote the anticipated move to Bramley Moore Dock. Two Evertonians, Jamie and Robbo barge their way through the crowd and barricade themselves inside the Lock-up in protest.

A heavy storm breaks out and the crowd along with the media people disperse. Inside the Lock-Up, Jamie informs Robbo his goal is to search for Prince Rupert’s gold that he believes is buried underground. He intends to use the gold to renovate his beloved Goodison Park. Robbo reluctantly agrees to join him on this crusade. They stumble upon the secret tunnel and unwittingly release the ghosts of Everton’s past… Dixie Dean… Molly Bushell… Prince Rupert… Bessie Braddock…

Jamie and Robbo listen in awe as each ghost reveals remarkable stories of love, triumph and magical nights at Goodison Park.

Loquacious ghosts I can accept, but a crowd is stretching realism to breaking point.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, torahboy said:

That's as bad and mad as anything I have heard. Bizarre list of 'achievements' imcluding the electronic scoreboard, plus the most tortured and strtetched attempts at rhyme siince 'Ozzy's going to Wembley: his legs have gone all trembly'.

'Names written in stone', 'the Gwladys Street stairs' and Alan Ball's boots all get a mention but fuck all about any of the trophies they have won. I thought our singing about Gary Mac's baldy head was and Peter Crouch's feet was weak but this is skin crawlingly awful . Guaranteed hit at the Grand Old Whore's disco. 

Oh my!

Could they not find a shot of the scoreboard when they actually beat us?

And they've used an artist's impression of King's Dock!

Utterly awful. Sounds like that shite sing someone brought out for the 2008 Capital of Culture.

That play will be fucking shite. The only saving grace is that it won't have Sinbad or Scully in it because they are both bad wallpushin redshites. Wonder if Tony Bellew and Sly make an appearance near the end?

I made the mistake of going g to the history of LFC at the Royal Court a few years ago. Beaked up scalls shouting out every time there was a quiet bit in the play. And singing in Istanbul 5 times as soon as it got mentioned in the end part of the play.

1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Since 1787 the Everton Lock-up has stood at the peak of Everton Brow. There is a rich history and many untold stories attached to this small tower and Goodison Park. Tonight, they are about to unfold…

Celebrating 125 years of Goodison Park, Everton FC has organised an event outside the Lock-Up to promote the anticipated move to Bramley Moore Dock. Two Evertonians, Jamie and Robbo barge their way through the crowd and barricade themselves inside the Lock-up in protest.

A heavy storm breaks out and the crowd along with the media people disperse. Inside the Lock-Up, Jamie informs Robbo his goal is to search for Prince Rupert’s gold that he believes is buried underground. He intends to use the gold to renovate his beloved Goodison Park. Robbo reluctantly agrees to join him on this crusade. They stumble upon the secret tunnel and unwittingly release the ghosts of Everton’s past… Dixie Dean… Molly Bushell… Prince Rupert… Bessie Braddock…

Jamie and Robbo listen in awe as each ghost reveals remarkable stories of love, triumph and magical nights at Goodison Park.

Loquacious ghosts I can accept, but a crowd is stretching realism to breaking point.

So did the bluoonies find one eyed Billy's rich stuff?

1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Also, bunking in without tickets is Kopite behaviour. Evertonians exude class as they are fans of the peoples club.

5 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Christ that sounds terrible. Nothing worse than professional scouse-ism. 

I'm as bad as anyone for getting narked whenever some gobshite comes out with anti-Scouse "jokes", but when Stewart Lee made some comment about "Liverpool, where maudlin sentimentality passes as entertainment" I had to agree.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm as bad as anyone for getting narked whenever some gobshite comes out with anti-Scouse "jokes", but when Stewart Lee made some comment about "Liverpool, where maudlin sentimentality passes as entertainment" I had to agree.

That's a slippery slope that ends at "self pity city" there mate. Have a word.

• Upvote 1

The Oxford English dictionary defines 'maudlin' as "self pityingly or tearfully sentimental".

You know the term 'maudlin' yeah. Well the Oxford English dictionary defines it as "self pityingly or tearfully sentimental"

As defined by the Oxford English dictionary the term 'maudlin' means pityingly or tearfully semtimental."

The Oxford........

The Oxford English diction.......

The Oxford English dictionary defines 'maudlin' as "self pityingly or tearfully sentimental"

• Upvote 2