You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

22 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Anti-Echo poll: What can be done to combat the constant snide approach the Echo takes towards EFC?

How does Everton deal with the (frankly disgraceful) coverage of the Liverpool Echo?

• Ignore the Echo, lar. It's solely for RS and other such beauts
  • Get some boss banners highlighting to the world how despised the rag is by the first club of Mersey

10 page thread and not one of them said ‘win something’

I know a few evertonians who say that the Echo is biased against them but when you ask them for an example they cant come up with anything.

They've pushed their stadium move as much as the club itself and even when we've got to European finals they've tried to balance out the coverage by trying to get blood out of a stone coming up with pointless articles.

You then have Dave Prentice who has been there for years and makes no secret that he's an Evertonian yet writes a lot about Liverpool yet I barely hear any Liverpool fans moaning. Even when he writes daft articles like the 1985 team inventing Gegenpress years before Klopp. 

Hadn't bought the Echo for ages but grabbed one outside a garage yesterday to wallow in our Super Cup success and we had five pages of coverage which was fine , but the Echo was obviously that scared of upsetting the gremlins that the next 4 pages were an absolute mish-mash of nonsensical shite about Everton along the lines of ' Which 7 players may still leave the club in this window ( most of them were kids I had never heard of ).

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Hadn't bought the Echo for ages but grabbed one outside a garage yesterday to wallow in our Super Cup success and we had five pages of coverage which was fine , but the Echo was obviously that scared of upsetting the gremlins that the next 4 pages were an absolute mish-mash of nonsensical shite about Everton along the lines of ' Which 7 players may still leave the club in this window ( most of them were kids I had never heard of ).

I know and how Delph was buy of the window.

• Upvote 1

Have you seen those footballer awards, they're so biased against Everton. That Champions League, that's so biased against Everton. The top six, they're biased against Everton. Silverware, trophies, winning runs, great European nights, anthems, cup finals. All bloody biased against Everton.

Nobody wants to read about you, you warped little fuckers. When the Echo creates something out of nothing to appease them, they get butt hurt because the echo aren't giving them a 5 page spread about a cup win. 

They need the Everton Echo, a blue rag on light blue paper (to show respect for their second team) which carries total Everton propaganda and reduces any of our achievements to fluke, bias, or redshite conspiracy. In fact just rename GoT to the Everton Echo and you've pretty much got the new paper there. 

Oh and I've not been banned from there yet, it does take a fair bit of skill to twist reality to fit their views.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Champions of Europe said:

Oh and I've not been banned from there yet, it does take a fair bit of skill to twist reality to fit their views.  

I registered there mid last season. I couldn't keep up with their rate of posting. I tried to post to get a rise out of them, at the time they all hated Silva and wanted him gone so I just posted positive things. It took 4 posts to be called a RS. Just think about that. I only said good things about Everton and to give the manager a chance and I was seen as a RS! They're fucking priceless. I really love evertonians. 

• Upvote 1

I thought I couldn't hate him even more but listening to Tim Cahill suck the life out of the universe with his punditry on MOTD brings home just what an insufferable twat he is. Didn't think it was possible to have a more boring wanker than Shearer as pundit but listening to Cahill has proven otherwise.  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I thought I couldn't hate him even more but listening to Tim Cahill suck the life out of the universe with his punditry on MOTD brings home just what an insufferable twat he is. Didn't think it was possible to have a more boring wanker than Shearer as pundit but listening to Cahill has proven otherwise.  

An Australian who played for Everton. 

Double the cunt for your money.

• Upvote 1