You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

Obviously if they signed Zaha it would be a bit of a eye-catching window but at the moment I don't think they have done anything startling.

As far as I can see they have

- Swapped Gueye / McCarthy with Gbamin / Delph which is a bit meh & I reckon Gueye is the best of those four.

- Gomes is a loan turned into a signing ie no upgrade on last season

- Lossl ( who cares )

- Sidibe is cover for Coleman and our Ligue 1 correspondent says his career has stalled through injuries.

- Kean seems a good signing but as we have found 19/20 year olds do not always train on.

- Lost Lookman who looks a real prospect and Vlasic who the fans seemed to like.

Players in: Moise Kean (Juventus, undisclosed), Andre Gomes (Barcelona, £22m), Fabian Delph (Man City, £8.5m*), Jonas Lossl (Huddersfield Town, free), Djibril Sidibe (Monaco, loan).

Jean-Philippe Gbamin ( undisclosed )

Players out: Nikola Vlasic (CSKA Moscow, £14m), Ademola Lookman (RB Leipzig, £22.5m*), Idrissa Gueye (Paris St-Germain, £30m*), Phil Jagielka (Sheffield Utd, free), Brendan Galloway (Luton Town, free), Antonee Robinson (Wigan, undisclosed), Jonjoe Kenny (Schalke, loan), Sandro Ramirez (Real Valladolid, loan), Korede Adedoyin (Hamilton, loan), Kieran Dowell (Derby, loan), Joao Virginia (Reading, loan), Luke Garbutt (Ipswich, loan), Josh Bowler (Hull, loan), Ashley Williams (released), Harry Charsley (released), Boris Mathis (released), Mateusz Hewelt (released), Shayne Lavery (released), Jack Kiersey (released), Danny Bramall (released), Joe Hilton (released), Chris Renshaw (released), Nathan Broadhead (Burton, loan), Joe Williams (Wigan, undisclosed), James McCarthy (Crystal Palace, £3m).

Marco Silva said their priority is a centre back.

• Upvote 1

So their net spend is about £30 million or so. i thought they'd really pushed the boat out, but they haven't, and they certainly don't look any stronger than they did last season. They're very light in defence and still don't have a regular goalscorer.

9 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

All together now

”Where’s your Zaha gone,

where’s your Zaha gone,

shitty Goodison,

where’s your Zaha gone,

far, far away....far, far away”

Middle Of the Road song, for a Middle of the Table Team

Last night I felt like singing a song

woke upthis morning and my mojo was gone 

28 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

All together now

”Where’s your Zaha gone,

where’s your Zaha gone,

shitty Goodison,

where’s your Zaha gone,

far, far away....far, far away”

Middle Of the Road song, for a Middle of the Table Team

Wilfried Zahahaha.

31 minutes ago, Mudface said:

So their net spend is about £30 million or so. i thought they'd really pushed the boat out, but they haven't, and they certainly don't look any stronger than they did last season. They're very light in defence and still don't have a regular goalscorer.

One of their first-choice centre backs from last season left and they didn't replace him with anybody. Very odd. As far as I can tell, they really only have three senior CBs on their books - Keane, Mina and Holgate - and then there's that young guy as well. 

Diogenes the Cynic

Player Valuation: £10m
My pants are absolutely soaked and I make no apologies for it. 

I'm actually disgusted that we only have 2 what I consider senior centre backs on the books after Zouma was sent back and Jags into senior exile to Sheffield. 

Even if they do manage to stay fit by some miracle there is absolutely no pace in the pair of them as a partnership. 

There was the potential to crack the top 4 this season and now its already back to a fight for the 7th place trophy barring an injury free miracle and us turning into a free scoring machine. 

There needs to be honest and transparent answers on how the club failed so miserably this window.

In response some fella says:

Dymak

Player Valuation: £35m
Ha ha ha, state on all these bed wetters that are predicting that our 25 year long trend of achieving sod all is set to continue, ha ha ha.

There almost as bad as the RS, who definitely won't be winning any trophies and reaching their 3rd champions league final in a row.

Yea, it is similar....
  • Upvote 1

That Brands is a fucking geeeeennius. Overpaying for another average Arsenal player, buying a loan signing who no one was interested in and going over 70m for Zaha with another player in part ex whilst being repeatedly told to fuck off by Crystal Palace. The only decent one is Moise Kean who could turn into a really good player. 

The way Evertonians go on about him you'd think he was a cross between Waldermar De Brito, the guy who discovered Pele and the business nous of Warren Buffet.