You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

It’s all well and good them spending money they don’t have to try and break the top 4 but what if they don’t? Where is massive pressure on them now after the spending they’ve done this past couple of years. I’ve seen nothing. Yes fair play to them, they’re spending money to try and improve but they’re spending money they don’t have so if it all goes tits up they’re fucked. The fa cup and carling cup would be nice for them to win but they’re not going to pay for the loans. They’re spending this money to break the top 4 not win the fa cup. I hope every fucker starts piling the pressure on them for a top 4 finish now just like they would any other team.

Just cannot help themselves, can they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-49276279

A racist tweet aimed at Liverpool's Egyptian striker Mo Salah is being investigated by police.

The message, which included a mocked-up image of the footballer, was sent on Wednesday afternoon before being shared by others, said Merseyside Police.

The force said it was treating the incident as a hate crime.

Everton said they were investigating whether the message was sent by a Twitter user who had connections to the club.

A Merseyside Police spokesman said: "Merseyside Police is aware of an offensive tweet posted in relation to a Liverpool footballer, and shared by others, and will be investigating the matter.

"Hate crime in any guise will not be tolerated and those who use the internet to target others, and who commit a criminal offence such as hate crime in doing so, need to understand that they are not beyond the law."

An Everton spokesman added: "Everton condemns in the strongest terms any kind of racism.

"We have shared the material with the appropriate authorities and are looking into the matter further to understand if the twitter user in question is known to the club in any way."

23 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Nobody tell him about the "Everton are white" chants.

Mo Salah: Racist tweet about Liverpool star probed by Merseyside Police

Yes.

ps no proof yet but that doesn't matter.

Edited by Jarvinja Ilnow
Evertonian logic

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

I’m gonna be totally optimistic and go for a close scrap for fourth and F.A Cup winners. Go big or go home.

Optimism is rising amongst the shite across the park 

It's the same every season for the bitters. Spend a load of money on a load of new players that aren't exactly in demand. They then struggle to bed in as Everton fail to make an impact at the top, they then drop half of the players and revert back to dogged war of fashion players to make sure they don't end up in a relegation fight. They then bang on about finishing 6th or 7th and it will be an improvement. By the end of November they'll be supporting Man City more than their own club and whining about us. 

Obviously if they signed Zaha it would be a bit of a eye-catching window but at the moment I don't think they have done anything startling.

As far as I can see they have

- Swapped Gueye / McCarthy with Gbamin / Delph which is a bit meh & I reckon Gueye is the best of those four.

- Gomes is a loan turned into a signing ie no upgrade on last season

- Lossl ( who cares )

- Sidibe is cover for Coleman and our Ligue 1 correspondent says his career has stalled through injuries.

- Kean seems a good signing but as we have found 19/20 year olds do not always train on.

- Lost Lookman who looks a real prospect and Vlasic who the fans seemed to like.

Players in: Moise Kean (Juventus, undisclosed), Andre Gomes (Barcelona, £22m), Fabian Delph (Man City, £8.5m*), Jonas Lossl (Huddersfield Town, free), Djibril Sidibe (Monaco, loan).

Jean-Philippe Gbamin ( undisclosed )

Players out: Nikola Vlasic (CSKA Moscow, £14m), Ademola Lookman (RB Leipzig, £22.5m*), Idrissa Gueye (Paris St-Germain, £30m*), Phil Jagielka (Sheffield Utd, free), Brendan Galloway (Luton Town, free), Antonee Robinson (Wigan, undisclosed), Jonjoe Kenny (Schalke, loan), Sandro Ramirez (Real Valladolid, loan), Korede Adedoyin (Hamilton, loan), Kieran Dowell (Derby, loan), Joao Virginia (Reading, loan), Luke Garbutt (Ipswich, loan), Josh Bowler (Hull, loan), Ashley Williams (released), Harry Charsley (released), Boris Mathis (released), Mateusz Hewelt (released), Shayne Lavery (released), Jack Kiersey (released), Danny Bramall (released), Joe Hilton (released), Chris Renshaw (released), Nathan Broadhead (Burton, loan), Joe Williams (Wigan, undisclosed), James McCarthy (Crystal Palace, £3m).

1 hour ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Mo Salah: Racist tweet about Liverpool star probed by Merseyside Police

Yes.

ps no proof yet but that doesn't matter.

That's a red pretending to be a blue according to twitter. They also seem to think the recent Anfield graffiti was photoshopped as well. Just admit, like every other team, that your fan base has got whoppers in it.  

• Upvote 4

WE’RE SIGNING ZAHA!!!!! 

Oh, okay then, we’re signing Iwobe.

Errrrrrrr, have we told you about our latest World Class teenager?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Obviously if they signed Zaha it would be a bit of a eye-catching window but at the moment I don't think they have done anything startling.

As far as I can see they have

- Swapped Gueye / McCarthy with Gbamin / Delph which is a bit meh & I reckon Gueye is the best of those four.

- Gomes is a loan turned into a signing ie no upgrade on last season

- Lossl ( who cares )

- Sidibe is cover for Coleman and our Ligue 1 correspondent says his career has stalled through injuries.

- Kean seems a good signing but as we have found 19/20 year olds do not always train on.

- Lost Lookman who looks a real prospect and Vlasic who the fans seemed to like.

Players in: Moise Kean (Juventus, undisclosed), Andre Gomes (Barcelona, £22m), Fabian Delph (Man City, £8.5m*), Jonas Lossl (Huddersfield Town, free), Djibril Sidibe (Monaco, loan).

Jean-Philippe Gbamin ( undisclosed )

Players out: Nikola Vlasic (CSKA Moscow, £14m), Ademola Lookman (RB Leipzig, £22.5m*), Idrissa Gueye (Paris St-Germain, £30m*), Phil Jagielka (Sheffield Utd, free), Brendan Galloway (Luton Town, free), Antonee Robinson (Wigan, undisclosed), Jonjoe Kenny (Schalke, loan), Sandro Ramirez (Real Valladolid, loan), Korede Adedoyin (Hamilton, loan), Kieran Dowell (Derby, loan), Joao Virginia (Reading, loan), Luke Garbutt (Ipswich, loan), Josh Bowler (Hull, loan), Ashley Williams (released), Harry Charsley (released), Boris Mathis (released), Mateusz Hewelt (released), Shayne Lavery (released), Jack Kiersey (released), Danny Bramall (released), Joe Hilton (released), Chris Renshaw (released), Nathan Broadhead (Burton, loan), Joe Williams (Wigan, undisclosed), James McCarthy (Crystal Palace, £3m).

Aye, I think they've had a perfectly fine window - but at the risk of coming over as some sort of red SteveO, they've really for the most part only swapped things round a bit. Their best business was trading Lookman and Vlasic for Kean, who's a pretty hot prospect. They're relying on Kean hitting the ground running and being excellent for them though, and this is the first time he'll likely be a first team regular: it'll be intersting to see how he does, but they're getting a genuine prospect for two players they didn't use.

Everything else - it's entirely like for like, with the issue that to improve they'll need either an ageing Delph or this Gbamin character to be better than Gueye, who's been one of their best players. Bit of a risk hoping that your midfield improves adding those two. I suppose Sidibe is better than nothing when Coleman inevitably gets injured.

Either way though, they got 54 points last year. Anyone seriously expecting these changes to be worth 20 points more? I just can't see it - they'll probably get better but likely because of another year of Silva-ball, not because of any table-slapped uncle uzzy money

• Upvote 1

The big question though is  where is all the money coming from it's either using Uncle Uzzys cash card ( not very likely) the money they got from the premier league last season more likely or they have borrowed it in the hope that Silva can get with a fair wind behind him European football for Season 20 / 21 .

My thinking is this might be a way to placate the fans when the Unicorn stadium plans go up in smoke,  look the cost of the stadium has gone through the roof and we had to spend on improving the squad and there just isn't enough to build the new ground now. 

You wouldn't put it past them would you 

11 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

The big question though is  where is all the money coming from it's either using Uncle Uzzys cash card ( not very likely) the money they got from the premier league last season more likely or they have borrowed it in the hope that Silva can get with a fair wind behind him European football for Season 20 / 21 .

My thinking is this might be a way to placate the fans when the Unicorn stadium plans go up in smoke,  look the cost of the stadium has gone through the roof and we had to spend on improving the squad and there just isn't enough to build the new ground now. 

You wouldn't put it past them would you 

If its true and they have offered 75 million plus players for Zaha then that just sums up the state of football. They haven't won a thing in years , haven't played past the qualifiers in the Champions League yet can afford that?! Hope to god they don't get him but apparently Zaha didn't train with the Palace squad earlier. 

Its ridiculous. I hope we hijack his car at the Rocket and get him signed at Melwood at 4:59 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its ridiculous. I hope we hijack his car at the Rocket and get him signed at Melwood at 4:59 

No thanks. Reportedly turned up for Palace training, then started crying and left after 15 minutes. Klopp wants mentality monsters, not little girls who’ve been told they can’t have that teddy.

• Upvote 1