You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

12 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

How are they planning to get 60,000 people in and out of the area with one road?

St_Tudno-05.jpg&f=1

From the 1890s to the early 1960s, boat trips to Anglesey were a common holiday treat for Liverpudlians that could afford it. Mostly the ships went to Llandudno, and came back the scenic route so passengers could see the Menai Straits, but from time to time they called at Holyhead.

The St Tudno and the St Seriol were as much part of Liverpool's river views as the Irish or Isle of Man ferries. Photographs of jam-packed boats off to Anglesey are a common feature of public archives,

3 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Haha, some of the replies on that thread!

Our feeder club
Barcelona, in Messi last game for them
It would be covered in every country in the world except North Korea and Anfield of course
The echo might mention that there's a game of togger going on down by the river

Everything wrong with them in one superb succinct psychotic quote

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

What's the situation with the actual land? 

Have they purchased it or entered into a lease yet? The last I heard was that they'd signed a Head Of Terms agreement, which is a pre-contractual agreement outlining agreed terms that will be incorporated into the contract proper, but that they'd only enter into an actual leasehold agreement once they'd secured both planning permission and sufficient funding? 

I only ask as I've seen a fair few blues confidently stating that they own the land already, which I don't believe to actually be the case? 

They need to own land? Is it not just going to float on the banks of the royal blue Mersey and each summer they can sail it down the coast to North Wales for pre season games? 

21 hours ago, Champions of Europe said:

We spend the money we get, which is not the case at Chelsea. We live within our resources, something the other clubs don’t do. It is the same when you listen to the clubs that build new stadiums. I want to see them show me a new stadium, pay £25 million back every season, and stay at the top. I want to see that. These clubs trying to get planning permission for new stadiums, it is basically because they want to sell the club not to move the club to a higher level. Arsene Wenger 2009

Remember Moshiri came in thinking the city was going to get a free stadium thanks to the Commonwealth games. He's sold all of their valuable players, loaned them hundreds of millions and they owe a Chinese bank a fortune too. He announced earlier this year that he wasn't going to be putting any more money in. They haven't improved at all and have royally screwed up as far as player purchases have gone. Any new stadium will cost much more than the £500m quoted, that's a massive debt around their necks.

Reports it will take £100m to fill the dock in too. Not sure if that's factored into the costs. 

Plus that rendering is almost all they have to show for spending £1m a month on the stadium. 

Is it just me getting Gilet and Hicks vibes here, or has my head fallen off. 

I've been saying since day one this is a hicks and gillet thing. At least hicks and gillet made a little model to go with their YouTube clip. I love the comment about how now people can see the ground it will help conversations about funding the stadium. Because financiers are really well known for throwing out their spreadsheets when working out if a deal is good for them just because someone sent them a YouTube clip. 

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

18m matchday up to 50m with this stadium? Oh yeah ! Only at about 100 quid per ticket,cheapest.

I'm guessing they hope to fill loads of corporates. If they could sell 3/4000 corporate seats a game, they'd get about 50% of that revenue just through that, which would let them keep the other 48000 tickets at about the price they sell today. The trouble with all that, is if even they could sell that many (which they clearly couldn't, we only manage it by fleecing fans on day trips by selling them corporate tickets at 300 quid a pop), they'd only be 30m up per season. I'm assuming that would barely cover the loan repayments. 

I really hope they can build it. There's no down side for us and maybe they can be happy talking about their new house instead of getting all bitter and twisted about us. 

Having said all that, I don't think they'll ever get it funded!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1