You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Don't they currently sell some season tickets for around £300? My mate is in the Top Balcony which I believe is their most expensive spot at the moment and I'm sure he pays less than £500. They're gonna be crying their arses off when they realise a season ticket in a new stadium is going to cost at least £600. How else is this new stadium going to pay for itself? It will just lead to load of them giving up their season tickets and cherry picking the games they go to.

All this of course is based on the idea that they have the funding in place to build the thing. Wasn't their CEO down in London last week trying to make out to MPs that this will have massive wider benefits to the city and especially North Liverpool? They're clearly trying to get some public money to help with building costs. If they're doing that at this stage, surely they're struggling to find the funds? Despite the released images, this is about as real as King's Dock at this point.

More insanity from monorail project

And it's a project which has absorbed Meis. 

"It chose me," said the American, echoing another Everton catchphrase from the recent past. 

"From the very moment I met the club it was clear to me that this was different. It wasn't a building it was a home. Not just for all the fans but for the city. A brilliant opportunity to do something that would be unique in my entire career. 

"Obviously Goodison is one of the greatest examples in the world. I would argue it is still one of the greatest places in the world to watch football regardless of whether you have a column in front of you or not because of the energy, the lightning in a bottle. That is unique. 

"Probably one of our biggest challenges was how do we bring that with us. How do we harness that energy? 

"I felt that responsibility from the beginning and it really did infect me and my team. It's been a driving force from the very building and it will continue to be until the day we open the building."

That pay-off line was the most heartening. 

After all the talk of  "proposed stadium", after all the  all the "ifs" and "buts" and "maybes", Dan was talking definitive. 

"Until the day we open the building."  

Clearly there is still much work to be done. Planning applications will be submitted before the end of the year, funding has to be secured, constructors' appointed and building work due to begin next year - with an expected timescale of three years. 

But Thursday July 25 felt symbolic. It felt real.  

Fucking hell, they'll believe anything. 

'much work to be done' I've thrown together a lovely drawing of the mansion myself and 'insert the hottest actress/singer of the day' and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with her. Clearly there's much work to be done on my plan but I bet you're all green with envy now, eh, eh? 

None of it makes sense though.  Why are they spending all this time and money on it?  You can see why the fans are convincing themselves it will happen.  It would be daft to drag it this far down the line without them having sat down and actually thought through the financial side of it so it surely must be in place.

The idea was clearly to get a free stadium from the commonwealth games and then sell the club for more money off the back of it increasing in value.  That is not happening now so what are they doing?  Even if Usmanov is going to fund it behind the scenes.  To what ends is he doing it?  It wouldn’t pay for itself in 50 years.  The article above about them increasing match day revenue from 18m to 50m is laughable.  Whatever happens it’s going to be a car crash.

2 minutes ago, The Guest said:

None of it makes sense though.  Why are they spending all this time and money on it?  You can see why the fans are convincing themselves it will happen.  It would be daft to drag it this far down the line without them having sat down and actually thought through the financial side of it so it surely must be in place.

The idea was clearly to get a free stadium from the commonwealth games and then sell the club for more money off the back of it increasing in value.  That is not happening now so what are they doing?  Even if Usmanov is going to fund it behind the scenes.  To what ends is he doing it?  It wouldn’t pay for itself in 50 years.  The article above about them increasing match day revenue from 18m to 50m is laughable.  Whatever happens it’s going to be a car crash.

All I can think is that this is the carpetbagger's Pan B - if you can't get someone to build you a stadium, keep talking positively, in the hope that another speculator will buy the club from you. 

1 hour ago, Champions of Europe said:

Plans for Everton’s new stadium suggest the club have a 60,000 capacity venue in the pipeline.

According to leaked images, Everton will boost their match day crowds by a whopping 20,000 when they leave Goodison Park, which has a restricted capacity of 40,000.

It had been thought Everton’s new stadium in Bramley Moore Dock would boast a capacity of 50,000 and cost in the region of £300m.

But drawings from an official document by stadium designers Buro Happold Engineering, revealed Everton’s plans are much more ambitious than originally thought.

The drawings, which appeared on an Everton fans’ forum this week, reveal the potential look of the waterside stadium, as well as plans for a fan zone plaza to be created on one side of the ground.

The cost of building a bigger stadium will push up construction costs, but the additional capacity would also boost the club’s turnover significantly.

Everton generate £18m a year in matchday income, but the new stadium could push that figure beyond £50m.

A 60,000 stadium would also catapult Everton into the upper reaches of Premier League stadia. Only Manchester United’s Old Trafford stadium has a significantly larger capacity than the planned new build.

Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium holds 60,000, West Ham are currently seeking raise the capacity of London Stadium to 60,000, while Tottenham’s new stadium will have a capacity of 61,000. 

The new stadium would also give Everton local bragging rights, as Liverpool’s Anfield stadium currently holds 54,000 fans.

Written by a 5-year-old bluenose? I just don't get it, how is having a higher capacity stadium going to be bragging rights? We already know it will be 52000, which doesn't even make it higher than Newcastle and by the way how's that trophy-winning stadium working out for them? It won't even be higher than our capacity, which isn't something we are bragging about. Although we know the demand is there for more seats at our stadium because we fill it every time we play. 

If they get this built and it gives them a sense of pride and something to taunt us with that isn't vile then I am happy for them. But it has to be paid for, they still have to pay back their owner and at the same time buy great players. 

They struggle to fill their current ground, how they'll manage to find another £10,000 never mind another £20,000. You can't just wish fans up. They also don't seem to understand that the prices of tickets will go up. I fear for them as they are blinded by their desire to be better than us, so much that they will run blindly into this without thinking about it. 

18m matchday up to 50m with this stadium? Oh yeah ! Only at about 100 quid per ticket,cheapest.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Surely Zaha has got his sights set higher than Everton? 

Assuming there's anything to it, it's baffling. Palace to Everton is, at best, a sideways move. You'd think he'd be keener to actually win things at this stage in his career.

Not that it's going to be built, but those H&G vibes are reminding me that if and when they do make a start, there's going to be trouble when the 'spades in the ground' hit water. They'll be up Shit Creek, but at least they can use the spade as a paddle.

But who needs to wait for something that probably won't happen? They're up Shit Creek now.

I'm not in the slightest bit arsed if this goes ahead. It's a decent looking ground. But, the capacity is nothing to get excited about. It's not in anyway the "iconic" stadium they've been promised. Plus, if it contributes to losing the city's UNESCO world heritage status, it's something we can have a dig at them about. In any event, Everton will still play there. It'll still be full of cultish, deluded Evertonians. They can't change that. 

On the subject of progression, it's still absolutely miles away. It hasn't progressed beyond what the two Yank conmen promised regarding our proposed new stadium. 

No finance in place. No planning permission. And, further to my above post, I've checked on the Bramley Moore wiki page and the last entry on the future of the dock section says:

"On 23 March 2017 it was announced that a deal had been agreed between Liverpool City Council, Everton F.C. and Peel Holdings to acquire the dock for a new football stadium, however no planning application has yet to be submitted." 

All the reports from 23 March 2017 refer to the parties entering into an heads of agreement deal. Which is not a legally binding land transfer contract. They don't even own the land yet. 

It's absolutely miles off. The 3 years and £500m predictions will be exceeded, for me. When the latter one is exceeded, that will probably be the stage at which they pull the plug. 

15 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I think it looks quite smart.

But "iconic"? They themselves are calling it iconic? It's a pretty standard sports stadium. It's hardly the Sagrada Familia. 

They need to get a shovel in the water within 60 days,

• Upvote 1