You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I think it looks alright. It’s never getting built, mind. But it looks alright.

One thing I can’t see them doing is having the players walk out via the sandwich bar like in that video. As if anyone’s going to want to run the gauntlet of this after a few losses...

DJ7zTsjW0AI0ftL.jpg

everton-fans-v-salute-to-gerrard.jpg?qua

14 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

Is it just me getting Gilet and Hicks vibes here, or has my head fallen off. 

Absolutely fucking reeks of it, but try to explain that to them and you end up feeling like that bloke at the Charge of the Light Brigade screaming "you're going the wrong way!"

• Upvote 2

I may have made this point before, but I think they're all in on this stadium because they think that BMD = ££££ = trophies.

Well let's imagine that they can afford the stadium  (stop sniggering) and that they can also afford to improve the squad enough to close the 40+ points gap to the top clubs  (stop pissing yourself) then (according to that major report from a few months ago) they will probably have a window of less than 10 years before climate change kicks in with a vengeance, resulting in more frequent and more severe storms from autumn to early spring every year, all along the river front, resulting in more cancellations  (on crowd safety grounds), resulting in fixture congestion at the business end of every season. 

Building in that location would give their rivals a permanent head-start. 

Luckily for them, it's never getting built. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think it looks alright. It’s never getting built, mind. But it looks alright.

One thing I can’t see them doing is having the players walk out via the sandwich bar like in that video. As if anyone’s going to want to run the gauntlet of this after a few losses...

DJ7zTsjW0AI0ftL.jpg

everton-fans-v-salute-to-gerrard.jpg?qua

Fucking mutants day out there. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Them's having shiny pictures. Not ONE word of how it's to be financed. All I see is some kid playing paintshop pro on easy mode.

All I see is a architect getting paid a fucking fortune for two years to play paintshop pro on easy mode.

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

All I see is a architect getting paid a fucking fortune for two years to play paintshop pro on easy mode.

Come on, man. The poor bastard had to get an 1878 tattoo as well.

• Like 1

Imagine being European Champions and being jealous and scared of a club that hasn't won a pot for nearly 25 years...... 

OneTrueLegend

OneTrueLegend

Player Valuation: £25m
The koppites have got their bitter heads on, social media is awash with them spouting hate in our direction regarding the new stadium. Which can mean only 2 things, they are jealous and scared, which is great :)

It's only at the second public consultation phase isn't it?. Yet they are going on like they will be moving in this August. It's taken 3 years just to see one image of it when Fat Joe said they should have been in it by May 2019. 

It's not like them to get ahead of themselves is it.

I feel like I've been doing public consultation for a couple of years now. 

"It's been unlike anything I've had in my entire career.”

Dan Meis the architect that designs stadia for a living and has done for more than 30 years. 

I cannot for the life of me work out why Everton have dragged the public consultation out for so long, for a man that has over 30 years experience to mention it, well it's very telling.  

13 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Imagine being European Champions and being jealous and scared of a club that hasn't won a pot for nearly 25 years...... 

OneTrueLegend

OneTrueLegend

Player Valuation: £25m
The koppites have got their bitter heads on, social media is awash with them spouting hate in our direction regarding the new stadium. Which can mean only 2 things, they are jealous and scared, which is great :)

You try to ask sensible questions or point out obvious risks and they laugh it off as hatred, fear and envy.

There really is no helping them.

15 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

There's a lot of speculation that a top-flight player might come out as gay soon. If it's this tit, then all straight men will shrug and gay men will cringe.

As if a gay man would be that badly dressed. 

This is pure "Hey buddy can you spare a dime? " 

Plans for Everton’s new stadium suggest the club have a 60,000 capacity venue in the pipeline.

According to leaked images, Everton will boost their match day crowds by a whopping 20,000 when they leave Goodison Park, which has a restricted capacity of 40,000.

It had been thought Everton’s new stadium in Bramley Moore Dock would boast a capacity of 50,000 and cost in the region of £300m.

But drawings from an official document by stadium designers Buro Happold Engineering, revealed Everton’s plans are much more ambitious than originally thought.

The drawings, which appeared on an Everton fans’ forum this week, reveal the potential look of the waterside stadium, as well as plans for a fan zone plaza to be created on one side of the ground.

The cost of building a bigger stadium will push up construction costs, but the additional capacity would also boost the club’s turnover significantly.

Everton generate £18m a year in matchday income, but the new stadium could push that figure beyond £50m.

A 60,000 stadium would also catapult Everton into the upper reaches of Premier League stadia. Only Manchester United’s Old Trafford stadium has a significantly larger capacity than the planned new build.

Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium holds 60,000, West Ham are currently seeking raise the capacity of London Stadium to 60,000, while Tottenham’s new stadium will have a capacity of 61,000. 

The new stadium would also give Everton local bragging rights, as Liverpool’s Anfield stadium currently holds 54,000 fans.

Written by a 5-year-old bluenose? I just don't get it, how is having a higher capacity stadium going to be bragging rights? We already know it will be 52000, which doesn't even make it higher than Newcastle and by the way how's that trophy-winning stadium working out for them? It won't even be higher than our capacity, which isn't something we are bragging about. Although we know the demand is there for more seats at our stadium because we fill it every time we play. 

If they get this built and it gives them a sense of pride and something to taunt us with that isn't vile then I am happy for them. But it has to be paid for, they still have to pay back their owner and at the same time buy great players. 

They struggle to fill their current ground, how they'll manage to find another £10,000 never mind another £20,000. You can't just wish fans up. They also don't seem to understand that the prices of tickets will go up. I fear for them as they are blinded by their desire to be better than us, so much that they will run blindly into this without thinking about it. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

Plans for Everton’s new stadium suggest the club have a 60,000 capacity venue in the pipeline.

According to leaked images, Everton will boost their match day crowds by a whopping 20,000 when they leave Goodison Park, which has a restricted capacity of 40,000.

It had been thought Everton’s new stadium in Bramley Moore Dock would boast a capacity of 50,000 and cost in the region of £300m.

But drawings from an official document by stadium designers Buro Happold Engineering, revealed Everton’s plans are much more ambitious than originally thought.

The drawings, which appeared on an Everton fans’ forum this week, reveal the potential look of the waterside stadium, as well as plans for a fan zone plaza to be created on one side of the ground.

The cost of building a bigger stadium will push up construction costs, but the additional capacity would also boost the club’s turnover significantly.

Everton generate £18m a year in matchday income, but the new stadium could push that figure beyond £50m.

A 60,000 stadium would also catapult Everton into the upper reaches of Premier League stadia. Only Manchester United’s Old Trafford stadium has a significantly larger capacity than the planned new build.

Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium holds 60,000, West Ham are currently seeking raise the capacity of London Stadium to 60,000, while Tottenham’s new stadium will have a capacity of 61,000. 

The new stadium would also give Everton local bragging rights, as Liverpool’s Anfield stadium currently holds 54,000 fans.

Written by a 5-year-old bluenose? I just don't get it, how is having a higher capacity stadium going to be bragging rights? We already know it will be 52000, which doesn't even make it higher than Newcastle and by the way how's that trophy-winning stadium working out for them? It won't even be higher than our capacity, which isn't something we are bragging about. Although we know the demand is there for more seats at our stadium because we fill it every time we play. 

If they get this built and it gives them a sense of pride and something to taunt us with that isn't vile then I am happy for them. But it has to be paid for, they still have to pay back their owner and at the same time buy great players. 

They struggle to fill their current ground, how they'll manage to find another £10,000 never mind another £20,000. You can't just wish fans up. They also don't seem to understand that the prices of tickets will go up. I fear for them as they are blinded by their desire to be better than us, so much that they will run blindly into this without thinking about it. 

It’s absolute fantasy land.