You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Plans were revealed on Thursday with the club hopeful they can move in ahead of the 2023-24 campaign

The club are suspected to submit a detailed planning application by the end of 2019 and then a three-year building project would commence from 2020. 

But Everton are confident funding for the project will be in place in time for when pre-construction works begin early next year.

'We are looking at it (stadium naming rights) now and are working on different commercial opportunities and offers and I am sure when people see the visuals and the opportunities it presents for a brand it takes the conversations even further.'

No funding, no planning permission. Huge debts, and an ageing squad. 

52,000 capacity apparently. 

What's the situation with the actual land? 

Have they purchased it or entered into a lease yet? The last I heard was that they'd signed a Head Of Terms agreement, which is a pre-contractual agreement outlining agreed terms that will be incorporated into the contract proper, but that they'd only enter into an actual leasehold agreement once they'd secured both planning permission and sufficient funding? 

I only ask as I've seen a fair few blues confidently stating that they own the land already, which I don't believe to actually be the case? 

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Looks nice 

It does and i know i like having a laugh at the crazy bastards on here but i literally do not care one shit about this stadium. If they get it built then well done. It makes not one iota to me an my support of the Reds.

We spend the money we get, which is not the case at Chelsea. We live within our resources, something the other clubs don’t do. It is the same when you listen to the clubs that build new stadiums. I want to see them show me a new stadium, pay £25 million back every season, and stay at the top. I want to see that. These clubs trying to get planning permission for new stadiums, it is basically because they want to sell the club not to move the club to a higher level. Arsene Wenger 2009

Remember Moshiri came in thinking the city was going to get a free stadium thanks to the Commonwealth games. He's sold all of their valuable players, loaned them hundreds of millions and they owe a Chinese bank a fortune too. He announced earlier this year that he wasn't going to be putting any more money in. They haven't improved at all and have royally screwed up as far as player purchases have gone. Any new stadium will cost much more than the £500m quoted, that's a massive debt around their necks.

Reports it will take £100m to fill the dock in too. Not sure if that's factored into the costs. 

Plus that rendering is almost all they have to show for spending £1m a month on the stadium. 

Is it just me getting Gilet and Hicks vibes here, or has my head fallen off. 

• Upvote 4