You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Some lad I know was banging on all season saying the Premier League was fixed for us to win it but could only just use a vague theory that Salah cons all the refs to get pens. He then laughed his head off when we got beat 3 nil away by Barcelona saying the ref got wise to Salah diving (even though there were no penalty or free kick incidents). Salah is shite and was humbled by Messi. Also VAR finally sussed us and UEFA weren't as corrupt as he thought.

However when we won the return leg without Salah and Firmino, no pens, no dodgy free kicks, Messi barely turning up, no yellow cards or VAR  incidents he had no idea what to say. Deleted his 3 social media accounts and hid in a cave for months. Now he's spouting the same shite but about Klopp being "found out". Even though he's just won a European Cup. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Some lad I know was banging on all season saying the Premier League was fixed for us to win it but could only just use a vague theory that Salah cons all the refs to get pens. He then laughed his head off when we got beat 3 nil away by Barcelona saying the ref got wise to Salah diving (even though there were no penalty or free kick incidents). Salah is shite and was humbled by Messi. Also VAR finally sussed us and UEFA weren't as corrupt as he thought.

However when we won the return leg without Salah and Firmino, no pens, no dodgy free kicks, Messi barely turning up, no yellow cards or VAR  incidents he had no idea what to say. Deleted his 3 social media accounts and hid in a cave for months. Now he's spouting the same shite but about Klopp being "found out". Even though he's just won a European Cup. 

I hope Klopp gets found out again next season 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Champions of Europe said:

One of two things would go a long way to fixing the lunatic fringe of their fanbase, trophies or relegation.

Personally I don't really care which one, as long as the former is not at our expense. Success would give their fanbase something to fight back at us that isn't vile and disgusting comments. Relegation might calibrate their expectations and make them realise that their poorly run corner shop is the main reason they're shit. While they bob about as an insignificance in mid-table they need ever-increasing vile comments to get a reaction from us and to try to stop the pain they feel. 

I don't know who leaks the propaganda from the wooden fort these days but I had to chuckle when I read a headline that said "Everton enter the race for £80m Wilfred Zaha' " So I'd like to announce I've joined the race to date Katie Perry, if they can dabble in the fucking ridiculous then why can't I? The thing is I've probably, at 0% got more chance of realising my fantasy than they have of that. Dream on bitters.

Relegation and then promotion might at least give them something to celebrate. 

I read somwhere that Everton are the most boring club to support, in the last 20 years they are the only team in the top few leagues to have had nothing at all to celebrate, whether that be winning a trophy or achieving a promotion. 

Everton are the incels of football, once they get laid they might chill out a bit. 

• Upvote 3

The whole thing about their lack of success in the past decades may have something to do with their lack of failure (no sniggering at the back) at least in terms of the League. The whole subject came to mind as I listened to an interview on the radio today with a successful businessman. The one thing I'm sure we've all heard is that all successful businessmen have failed at some point in the past. They've gone and done something and it's not worked out. The business venture failed. They dusted themselves off and started up again with something else. They maybe failed more than once, maybe multiple times. But they keep getting up and keep going for that eventual success. The guy I heard on the radio today said he was only successful now was purely because of his past failures.

How this relates to Everton, is that they live off the fact that they've never been relegated. To most of them, in lieu of any success in recent times, this becomes one of, if not their biggest boasts. Fair enough, it was worthy of putting on the side of a bus, once. But they have never built on that, and you can't build on it. In reality, it means nothing. A statistic.  They've continually walked the tightrope and never fallen off, but they are also continually getting to halfway and shitting themselves and can't go any further. Paralysed by fear, they can't go forward, they can't go backwards, and somehow keep their balance, taking deep breaths until it's all over for the season.

Maybe if they were to fall off, they could take that failure and start again. Take it as a war wound. Something that every other club has had to endure and shrug it off. It would be nice to think that a relegation would humble them and they would take it on the chin, but of course, that would be stretching imagination a bit far, as we all know. 

What relegation would do to them financially, as a club, is another question. Others a re better placed to discuss the ins and outs of that.

Their first modern 'success' could be winning the Championship and making it back into the Premier League. Actually, given their hesitance to win anything, they'd probably only come 2nd get promoted that way. What if they were to win the Championship playoff and get a 'Mickey Mouse' trophy for effectively coming third? We can all imagine them giving it loads and saying they've won a trophy! Would their shaky old ground pass the Premier League safety criteria? What an irony if they were to be relegated, and gain immediate promotion, but be prevented from playing at Woodison. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Doh'Nuts said:

What if they were to win the Championship playoff and get a 'Mickey Mouse' trophy for effectively coming third? We can all imagine them giving it loads and saying they've won a trophy!

At least they'd have something to put in the clock space.

1 hour ago, Doh'Nuts said:

[load of stuff about a business and his previous failures]

How this relates to Everton, is that they live off the fact that they've never been relegated. To most of them, in lieu of any success in recent times, this becomes one of, if not their biggest boasts. Fair enough, it was worthy of putting on the side of a bus, once. But they have never built on that, and you can't build on it. In reality, it means nothing. A statistic.  They've continually walked the tightrope and never fallen off, but they are also continually getting to halfway and shitting themselves and can't go any further. Paralysed by fear, they can't go forward, they can't go backwards, and somehow keep their balance, taking deep breaths until it's all over for the season.

[load of stuff about how relegation followed by promotion could be the making of them]

Then they are as prone to indulging in alt-facts as the typical Trump loony or Brexiteer bellend, because Everton have been relegated before. Twice. In 1930 and again in 1951. They came back up at the first attempt in 1931, but took a few years longer to do so after their second relegation. At the very least, they owe Hans Segers a pint in The Brick or the Taff's Tavern (if it's still there).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Haha. Oh, well, obviously not being a dedicated 'Born Blue', but a manufactured Redshite, I don't know my (their) history. I never bothered to check, because they wouldn't lie, would they?

That knocks that theory into a cocked hat, as they say. That being the case, it's best then if they just get relegated for being shite, and not for any therapeutic rejuvenation reasons as stated above. As you were.

Relegation would make them more bitter and they would still link it back to Heysel. It finally took its toll on them as they never recovered etc.

If they won anything they would probably be just as bad because the whole thing would just be a way to wind us up. They would be coming out with shite slogans and saying the city is blue/the power is shifting/we didn't have to get all our fans from outside the city to come to the parade etc.

Funniest thing that could happen would be for woodison to be condemmed as unsafe and not fit for purpose. They have no ground until the unicorn stadium is built, home games are played at Rhyl’s ground guaranteeing a sizeable crowd. The new stadium remains a disused dock, loans are called in, now bankrupted and thrown out of the league, they find their true home in the Welsh league. Playing on a field in Flint. The majority of their fanbase is happy, no longer in the RS’s shadow and no need to travel to RS city anymore. Then, under manager Moyes they qualify for the UCL, play us and get twatted by a record score. Oblivion follows.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Trumo said:

Then they are as prone to indulging in alt-facts as the typical Trump loony or Brexiteer bellend, because Everton have been relegated before. Twice. In 1930 and again in 1951. They came back up at the first attempt in 1931, but took a few years longer to do so after their second relegation. At the very least, they owe Hans Segers a pint in The Brick or the Taff's Tavern (if it's still there).

I love reminding some of the younger bitters of this fact, they confuse a hundred years in the top flight with never being relegated. When you ask them if they're sure about never being relegated in the pub the look of panic on their face is something to savour.

I had one years ago when that slogan had just come out and he was adamant they had never been relegated, after showing him in black and white with google he exploded and stormed off. Much to the delight of the majority of reds in there.

• Upvote 3

How much they love the Mancs is unbelievably cringeworthy. 

Celebrating another team winning a game that has no effect on them whilst they were watching their own team lose and singing about the team beating their team winning a cup final in 3 weeks time. 

Imagine being a fucking Evertonian.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Anubis said:

A little bit of prepping goes a long way....

Saw that tweet a day or so again after the Esk retreated it. The replies are mental, having a go at the fella because it's something they don't want to hear and accuse him of being negative. Others reckon it's a smokescreen to get around FFP.

19 hours ago, Aventus said:

Relegation and then promotion might at least give them something to celebrate. 

I read somwhere that Everton are the most boring club to support, in the last 20 years they are the only team in the top few leagues to have had nothing at all to celebrate, whether that be winning a trophy or achieving a promotion. 

Everton are the incels of football, once they get laid they might chill out a bit. 

I'm sorry, but this is bullshit.

Just last year they won the "Liverpool didn't win the league" trophy. 

• Upvote 1