You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I’ve now started to completely hate them. Apparently we’re the victims but every time there’s some decision made about us or involving us like Sturridge all you hear is ‘if that would have been us we’d have got so much more done to us but look at special dispensation fc getting away with it’

No, worse wouldn’t happen to you, it’s just that you’re irrelevant so it’s not news when anything happens to your club.

Absolutely hopeless and pointless team that won’t win anything, probably won’t get relegated. The definition of mediocrity. 

Then it’s all about a top 4 challenge which seeing as the CL since we won it is now a shit version of the milk cup I don’t know why they’d want to be in it. If they do get to the CL final though they’ll quit the tournament if they get Spurs because apparently it doesn’t count if you only beat Spurs, beating top teams on the way wouldn’t matter.

There’s so much more to go at, pie in the sky stadium that nobody will go to, being skint, being the people last club who want to do things the right way but then wanking themselves into a frenzy over a new dodgy owner. Utter shite. 

This rediscovered love for bringing up Heysel is also tiring. It wasn’t me, I wasn’t there, I was 4 when it happened. It was a tragedy but why keep bringing it up? I don’t get the ‘sweeping under the rug shouts, it’s just that most of the fan base now won’t even have been born when it happened, let alone been responsible.  The way they cling on to it to score points is pathetic. As if they care at all about what happened further than seeing it as a stick to beat rival fans with. It’s awful it happened but it seems odd giving someone abuse over it.

What is it they honestly think makes them better?

Better players - no

Better manager - no

Better ground - no

Bigger fan base - no

Better finances - no

My guess would also be that one of their good players will be sold to pay for what they’re spending now.

I still laugh at what it must have been like for Richarlison being told someone had bid 50 million for him and getting excited but then finding out it was Everton.

Shit.

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Stickman said:

They're not going to like David over this one.

Doesn't take long on the thread for the  fume to change to us though or for City fans to come to their rescue 

https://mobile.twitter.com/david_conn/status/1151913862482079745

That's utter madness, the way they're straight in in a matter of seconds accusing Conn of being a red and bringing up Standard Chartered. 

Fucking loons. 

27 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Has signing Delph mean they have won the transfer window again?

Was surprised to see Brian Reade eulogising about the Delph signing

yesterday ( It could have been a subtle pisstake on last years Transfer window win I suppose )

He is a decent squad addition with an increasingly worrying fitness record and will probably end up being a replacement for their best player , Gueye.

Head staying firmly on shoulders at preeent.

davek

Player Valuation: £70m

I feel no envy. My conscience is clear. My identity is secure and I feel proud of my heritage. I have nothing to feel guilty about. 

As well as a football club, Liverpool are an industrial scale killing machine. We are a football club. I know which one any sane person would want to support.

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

davek

I feel no envy. My conscience is clear. My identity is secure and I feel proud of my heritage. I have nothing to feel guilty about. 

As well as a football club, Liverpool are an industrial scale killing machine. We are a football club. I know which one any sane person would want to support.

That’s honestly just made me laugh out loud.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

davek

Fucking dickheads. This is all the cling onto these days. They were out of Europe for 5 years yet European football started thirty years before they were banned and they did nothing. They have done nothing in Europe for 30 years since the ban. But their entire demise has been down to Liverpool. 

Their fans are just a load of over dramatic old women who blow the slightest thing out of proportion. If I found myself ever getting that pathetic and bitter about footy I'd either pack it in or just go and watch non league. 

They are like Leeds fans desperately trying to maintain a rivalry with the Mancs. Wish this stadium bullshit would just stop and they finally realise their place. 

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Fucking dickheads. This is all the cling onto these days. They were out of Europe for 5 years yet European football started thirty years before they were banned and they did nothing. They have done nothing in Europe for 30 years since the ban. But their entire demise has been down to Liverpool. 

Their fans are just a load of over dramatic old women who blow the slightest thing out of proportion. If I found myself ever getting that pathetic and bitter about footy I'd either pack it in or just go and watch non league. 

They are like Leeds fans desperately trying to maintain a rivalry with the Mancs. Wish this stadium bullshit would just stop and they finally realise their place. 

I want them to get their stadium. To bask in the glory of getting one over on the redshite. To half fill said stadium because whenever they get a half decent player they have to sell them to meet their loan repayments. 

I want them to see that the grass isn't greener, and i want their eyes opened to the shit that will come with that size debt. 

They have blamed us for all their problems on and off the field for 30 years how, I look forward to how buying a new stadium that they couldn't afford or fill will be our fault.

Everton sponsors SportPesa have denied that they are shutting down amid a dispute with the Kenyan government.

The Betting Control and Licensing Board, which is responsible for regulating betting in the east African country, reportedly ordered for the shut down the of paybills and shortcodes of 27 betting companies last week - including Sportpesa.

And the betting company have now moved to social media to issue a statement which strongly refutes any claims that they will be closing down in the aftermath of this dispute.

SportPesa said: "SportPesa wishes to refute claims that our business is closing down. We are in discussions with the government and relevant stakeholders and are positive that we will be back to full operation soon.

SportPesa wishes to refute claims that our business is closing down. We are in discussions with the government and relevant stakeholders and are positive that we will be back to full operation soon. Note that any update regarding our business is communicated through our channels.

This is the latest in a series of social media posts and statements from Everton's sponsors in recent days regarding the dispute. 

On Friday 12 July, the betting company released a statement following the action by the Betting Control and Licensing Board making clear their disappointment over the decision.

The statement added: "This is the latest in a series of abrupt measures by the BCLB that only serve to discourage and disrupt business.

"SportPesa has been fully compliant with all tax and legal requirements in Kenya. Our business has uniquely and consistently boosted sports development in the country and we have not minced our support in community investment.

"We wish to assure our customers and stakeholders that we are challenging these actions and remain in contact with key stakeholders with the aim of resolving this matter very soon."

And, on Tuesday, SportPesa shared a graphic on Twitter which denied any claims that underage users were on their platform.

Official Statement 

SportPesa does not have any underage players on our platform neither do we own any betting shops. pic.twitter.com/vHvBijFnNw

SportPesa moved their European headquarters to the Liver Building at the end of 2017.

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Just watched Pointless, and the category was clubs in the 2017/18 Champions League. One woman said Everton. The groan, look on her partner's face, and the accompanying big red cross was perfect. 

To be fair, 'Pointless' and 'Everton' belong in the same sentence.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

I want them to get their stadium. To bask in the glory of getting one over on the redshite. To half fill said stadium because whenever they get a half decent player they have to sell them to meet their loan repayments. 

I want them to see that the grass isn't greener, and i want their eyes opened to the shit that will come with that size debt. 

They have blamed us for all their problems on and off the field for 30 years how, I look forward to how buying a new stadium that they couldn't afford or fill will be our fault.

Then they have my permission to die...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

I’ve now started to completely hate them. Apparently we’re the victims but every time there’s some decision made about us or involving us like Sturridge all you hear is ‘if that would have been us we’d have got so much more done to us but look at special dispensation fc getting away with it’

No, worse wouldn’t happen to you, it’s just that you’re irrelevant so it’s not news when anything happens to your club.

Absolutely hopeless and pointless team that won’t win anything, probably won’t get relegated. The definition of mediocrity. 

Then it’s all about a top 4 challenge which seeing as the CL since we won it is now a shit version of the milk cup I don’t know why they’d want to be in it. If they do get to the CL final though they’ll quit the tournament if they get Spurs because apparently it doesn’t count if you only beat Spurs, beating top teams on the way wouldn’t matter.

There’s so much more to go at, pie in the sky stadium that nobody will go to, being skint, being the people last club who want to do things the right way but then wanking themselves into a frenzy over a new dodgy owner. Utter shite. 

This rediscovered love for bringing up Heysel is also tiring. It wasn’t me, I wasn’t there, I was 4 when it happened. It was a tragedy but why keep bringing it up? I don’t get the ‘sweeping under the rug shouts, it’s just that most of the fan base now won’t even have been born when it happened, let alone been responsible.  The way they cling on to it to score points is pathetic. As if they care at all about what happened further than seeing it as a stick to beat rival fans with. It’s awful it happened but it seems odd giving someone abuse over it.

What is it they honestly think makes them better?

Better players - no

Better manager - no

Better ground - no

Bigger fan base - no

Better finances - no

My guess would also be that one of their good players will be sold to pay for what they’re spending now.

I still laugh at what it must have been like for Richarlison being told someone had bid 50 million for him and getting excited but then finding out it was Everton.

Shit.

Cracking rant and all valid points. But stop and think about how number 6 is killing them. Let them feel their pain. Remember number 6 and smile. They're wonderful entertainment and long may it continue. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Anubis said:

davek

This gobshite has been spouting bile ever since the heyday of the Shankleygates website, and probably before then if the truth was to be told.

Heysel is his go to argument when he can’t find another to get one over on us.

No6 will have been eating away at him and his like from when the final whistle went in Madrid, and that’s because he’s not your average bitter. 

He knows BMD is a pipe dream and that Uncle Uzzi has less chance of major investment in the club than I have.

He sees the smoke and mirrors but can’t do a thing to change things, unlike the way we did over Hicks and Gillet.

He and his like can’t move from the “moral high ground” because there’s nothing underneath it, and, worse, he knows it.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

They're a massive, massive club - and a big draw wherever they go.

Z51Yeab.jpg

Come on angry. Don't you realise how massive and unique they are. 8k fans at Wigan for a preseason game. I know we did it 2 seasons back, but that won't count because we will have had to speed down the m58 and speed fans don't count. 

IMG-20190719-WA0009.jpg

• Upvote 1