You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

19 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Bill Kenwright took the Arteta money and travelled back in time to put it all on Leicester to win the Premier League in 2016. 

That would be typical Ev behaviour that. The one chance to go back to 1890 and pay the rent as well.

The Usmanov thread has took a right bump on GOT today on news that Uncle Uzzi has expanded his deals with Everton. It a good read. They are fucking ace. That place makes the preseason much more manageable.

andy4efc

andy4efc

Player Valuation: £50m
So is he basically in control?
Moshiri's best mate/long working relationship who is one of the richest men in the world has his holdings investing into Everton via sponsorship and all of a sudden they've just increased sponsorship when they had a deal in place already which will be an increase in income.

It's unbelievably obvious.

I wonder if this sponsorship is a way to increase transfer funds for players this summer?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/usmanov.93801/page-752

Mentioned before that my youngest brother is a bad blue, 35 years of age so was about 10 when they last won anything. Really bitter he is and he has three kids between 10 and 15 who were all dressed in Everton kits since birth, add to that he has a step son and daughter, the girl doesn't follow football but the young lad got dragged into the cult at the age of 6 when his mum and brother got together, the kids are from Doncaster so the lad had no local connection.

Found out today that since our last couple of seasons and our Euro cup win, two of his own kids and the stepson have said they don't want to support Everton anymore and have switched allegiance to Liverpool. He doesn't know that I know yet, I'm biding my time but fuck me am I going to have some fun with this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 17

10 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Mentioned before that my youngest brother is a bad blue, 35 years of age so was about 10 when they last won anything. Really bitter he is and he has three kids between 10 and 15 who were all dressed in Everton kits since birth, add to that he has a step son and daughter, the girl doesn't follow football but the young lad got dragged into the cult at the age of 6 when his mum and brother got together, the kids are from Doncaster so the lad had no local connection.

Found out today that since our last couple of seasons and our Euro cup win, two of his own kids and the stepson have said they don't want to support Everton anymore and have switched allegiance to Liverpool. He doesn't know that I know yet, I'm biding my time but fuck me am I going to have some fun with this.

Don't Rub it in. There is no need l, it must be killing him. Small subtle hints and maybe a full 2 page advert in the Echo. First page with the kids as a blue second page as their rebirth in redness.

My birds uncle has flown today to spend two weeks with LFC TV following the team around the states. He does BT Sport and the boxing etc. He is a Blue from Walton. He has to wear Liverpool gear these next few weeks. He's just messaged me from Atalanta before his connecting flight. Told him he has to send a picture of him in his LFC gear. Got told to fuck right off. 

Thankfully he doesn't act too bitter...... Macca was his best-man and Macca and Robbie are godfathers to two of his kids. 

He is defo bitter on the sly though. Its fucking killing him..... He was at the final in Madrid next to the bench. had to grab Klopp and players for interviews at the final whistle. Says he just blocks it out but guaranteed he was fucking seething inside. 

Good bloke though when not talking footy.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Don't Rub it in. There is no need l, it must be killing him. Small subtle hints and maybe a full 2 page advert in the Echo. First page with the kids as a blue second page as their rebirth in redness.

Years ago when he was about 6 his eldest was at ours playing with my eldest son, they were playing with the dressing up stuff so I put my nephew in a Liverpool kit and took a photo. My plan was to use it at his 18th or something along those lines but we can now use photos of him in Everton kits and call them the awkward years.

A woman in work says her brother is a bad bitter Evertonian and basically did the same, as soon as he was born he put his son in an Everton kit.  

The lad kept telling his dad all last season that he didn't like Everton and wanted to support Liverpool but his Dad shouted at him saying he should support Everton.

The woman in work got 4 tickets for the Tranmere game last week and he begged her to take him once he knew that she and her son were going. She bought him a Liverpool kit in town on her dinner and gave it to him after her Dad dropped him off. The Dad was invited but point blank refused to go even though she had paid for the tickets. 

She dropped him back off at home in his Liverpool kit and said to his Dad "Dad that was the most fun I've ever had at a game, Liverpool scored six and Everton never score as many as that"

He dragged his son in and started ranting and raving at her for brainwashing his kids into being a redshite. 

• Upvote 3

This whole thing about Dan Meis "loving" the cub that has paid him a fortune for fuck-all work... I have no idea which architect designed our Main Stand and I certainly don't care about who or what they love; all I know is that they did a fucking good job. Call me a heartless old cynic, but I think that's more important.

• Upvote 4

My job is a never-ending thrill-ride, packed with a series of unpredictable adventures and escapades. For example, yesterday I had to review the transport-related sections of the Liverpool Waters Phase Two (Central Docks) planning conditions discharge submission. These documents are really thorough and go into the most tedious detail imaginable. 

And yet...

And yet there is no acknowledgement whatsoever of the possibility of anyone building a 52,000 capacity stadium right next door.  It just isn't mentioned.  It's almost as if they don't consider it a real possibility at all.

• Upvote 8

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

My job is a never-ending thrill-ride, packed with a series of unpredictable adventures and escapades. For example, yesterday I had to review the transport-related sections of the Liverpool Waters Phase Two (Central Docks) planning conditions discharge submission. These documents are really thorough and go into the most tedious detail imaginable. 

And yet...

And yet there is no acknowledgement whatsoever of the possibility of anyone building a 52,000 capacity stadium right next door.  It just isn't mentioned.  It's almost as if they don't consider it a real possibility at all.

Bloody hell mate, how do you lower your heart rate when you get home after a day like that?

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I think you’ve forgotten that they’re buying an aircraft carrier for matchday parking.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Dave D said:

If I was in any doubt of the existence of proper mad blues the the last year has changed that.

Lorry driver delivers to our yard, chatted to him briefly on and of the past 5 years or so- perfectly nice guy......until one day he arrives and Im drinking out of an LFC cup. The transformation was insane, he just launched into all manner of shit, I couldnt get a word in edgeways.

Hadnt seen him for around 3 months, he turns up yesterday- he literally jumped out of his cab and was straight off the bat- "how did you get on in the league? How did you get on in the league? Didnt get what you wanted did you? And where did you lose the league? Aye?"  Over and over again- I hadnt even said anything.

I decided the best course of action would be to rise above it and settle for calling him a "fucking weapon"

Reminds me of when I was a kid of about 9 or 10 and when eating a packet of Penguin chocolate biscuits I'd eat the reds first,the green ones second and the blue ones last. My excuse was that I was a young child though.

• Upvote 1

The hypocrisy on that forum is unbelievable! They go on about doing stuff the right way and being a proper club but as soon as someone shows (or so they think) them a few quid they are all losing their minds. They are basically that lad of a gang that could never get a girlfriend but said he never cared, but as soon as someone shows a bit of interest he can't wait to drop his pants and tell the world.

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

The hypocrisy on that forum is unbelievable! They go on about doing stuff the right way and being a proper club but as soon as someone shows (or so they think) them a few quid they are all losing their minds. They are basically that lad of a gang that could never get a girlfriend but said he never cared, but as soon as someone shows a bit of interest he can't wait to drop his pants and tell the world.

And it turns out to be a fella giving them one up the arse.

9 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Reminds me of when I was a kid of about 9 or 10 and when eating a packet of Penguin chocolate biscuits I'd eat the reds first,the green ones second and the blue ones last. My excuse was that I was a young child though.

You’d eat a whole packet of penguins?