You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Dunno what they are crying about. It will be a good hotel. It wouldn't bother me staying there either. Even though I'm a redshites and probably won't be allowed to. 

Pity they can't be sensible enough to just enjoy the rich history of both teams having hotels named after club icons on the same road.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Dunno what they are crying about. It will be a good hotel. It wouldn't bother me staying there either. Even though I'm a redshites and probably won't be allowed to. 

Pity they can't be sensible enough to just enjoy the rich history of both teams having hotels named after club icons on the same road.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'd be far more concerned about the price, quality and comfort of the rooms than any nominal connection to Everton. It's only a hotel, not a place of worship.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Exactly what I was thinking. I'd be far more concerned about the price, quality and comfort of the rooms than any nominal connection to Everton. It's only a hotel, ffs.

Wait until you're forced to order your room service of a Francis Jeffers Burger on a blue phone shaped like Funes Mori's head.

• Upvote 6

The Dixie Dean Hotel. 

Find a real blast from the past in the Dixie Dean Hotel, we have a muddy goalmouth already set-up, dress like Dixie, centre part your Brycreamed hair and shove our resident goalkeeper into the net. But he had control of the ball you say? 

No problem! Just clatter him in from your off-side position and claim the goal.

* No more than 60 goals allowed.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

Liverpool destroy communities? Remind me again which club want to move to BMD and abandon the poverty stricken community who’s local businesses rely on the trade from the 30,000 fans who attend their games?

30,000 behave yourself the pit of misery is a sell out every week don't cha know and don't forget the thousands locked out every week #we go the game 

The hotel actually looks nice. 

The Duncan Ferguson suite is modelled on his cell in Barlinnie prison.

The Bramley Moore suite is invisible behind an old exposed wall photoshopped blue. 

If you stay in the Commonwealth games suite you can book the room but then phone Joe Anderson asking him for money when you check out. 

The Arteta suite has a suitcase full of cash in there somewhere but only Bill Kenwright is ever allowed to stay in there. 

Every phone in the hotel has a z cars ringtone. You can request a cuckoo clock for your room if you want an early morning wake up call. 

There's no red on the taps in the bathrooms. 

They only serve bitter in the bar. Anything else is Kopite behaviour. 

You are only allowed to stay there if you live on county road. 

They had to take the flags down outside because Tim Cahill kept running out and trying to fight with them. 

People with the surnames Thomas, Collina and Clattenberg are not allowed to stay there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Even the club opened a shop and called it Everton 2. But they're all more grown up, yes siree.

That was funny, in fairness. Not as funny as how grotty it is compared to the Liverpool shop nearby - no doubt it could be bigger if it were not for class and dignity or something - but funny nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, deiseach said:

That was funny, in fairness. Not as funny as how grotty it is compared to the Liverpool shop nearby - no doubt it could be bigger if it were not for class and dignity or something - but funny nonetheless.

It was funny that but you could imagine the fume if we'd done it.

The ironic thing is they haven't scored two goals in a derby since 2013

• Upvote 2