You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I'm actually a little bit disappointed that they got beat in Kenya. I was looking forward to buzzing off the numerous deadly serious GOT posts claiming that the SportsPesa Cup is now a bigger tournament than the Champions League and how Kariobangi Sharks are equivalent to Real Madrid whereas the Barca team we beat in the semi-final are comparable to Marine. 

• Upvote 3

The increased investment in players and the resulting increase in wages plus the costs associated with Bramley-Moore, has meant the £250 million provided by Moshiri and the substantial player trading profits (circa £148 million over three years) have not proved enough to meet the club’s capital requirements.

The club had its external debt cleared initially by Moshiri in 2016 but since has had to return to borrowing from external sources. The last accounts showed £75.188 million of external debt (ICBC and Santander) and £9 million of cash. Despite Moshiri having provided an additional £100 million since the last accounts

That £250m 'provided' by Moshiri and if I'm reading that right another £100m are loans from Moshiri. £350m owed to him and £75m to ICBC and Santander. And they want over half a billion more debt for a new stadium. 

He's having them off and they still think they're rich. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

That £250m 'provided' by Moshiri and if I'm reading that right another £100m are loans from Moshiri. £350m owed to him and £75m to ICBC and Santander. And they want over half a billion more debt for a new stadium. 

The esk mentions 148 million as player trading profits. Actually they made a profit only on Lukaku. 148 million is the amount generated through sales and not profits.

I'm surprised they made much money from their Europa League "run". Every game had tons of empty seats. It's weird the way they turned their noses up at it considered they qualify in average once out of every five years. 

It's not because of Fat Sam as well, I went with my mate when they played Fiorentina in a quarter final about 10/12 years ago and the place was dead and half full.

15 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Still going on about the derby where they got a famous 0-0 and stopped Liverpool winning the league.

I love this, I love the way they think they know what we want, do they actually believe we’re sad we only had number 6 to show for a long season. They’re actually demented. No matter what they tell you number 6 is burning a hole in their souls, they hate it, they demean it, they say you wanted the league more but make no mistake number 6 is killing them more than not winning the league is killing us. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, an tha said:

Their Kenyan support just get them....

D-49iWGWsAEKR1m?format=jpg&name=large

He needs to get with the times, it's all about the blue mancs now. 

17 hours ago, Champions of Europe said:

What do you mean? What about uncle uzzie?

24 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Leicester have bought well and Wolves will be stronger. West Ham might be better this year too. Arsenal and the Mancs will be determined to get into the top 4. Looks like another year without European football for Everton. 

I think it is fair to say that they are so obsessed with what we are doing, they forget about everybody else, with the exception being when everybody else plays us.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Leicester have bought well and Wolves will be stronger. West Ham might be better this year too. Arsenal and the Mancs will be determined to get into the top 4. Looks like another year without European football for Everton. 

Yeah but as long as they manage to get 1 point out of 6 against us without scoring a goal, it'll be alright. 

• Upvote 1