You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

13 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Funny how the world heritage title wasn't at risk when a sewage plant was built down there and a cooking oil plant that makes the area smell like a litter tray. But as soon as Everton want to build a stadium there it's out of order. 

Just how bad is this imaginary stadium going to look

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

I honestly don't understand that. 

oh, this is glorious isn't it? it's really eating away at them isn't it? 

Nothing will ever come close to the joy of winning No.6. But seeing how it burns, it burns, it really burns them. Well that just makes the whole thing even better. 

Had they just ignored it, not said a word we wouldn't have this extra enjoyment. Everton gives us far more joy than it gives to its own fans. 

13 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Funny how the world heritage title wasn't at risk when a sewage plant was built down there and a cooking oil plant that makes the area smell like a litter tray. But as soon as Everton want to build a stadium there it's out of order. 

Just how bad is this imaginary stadium going to look

What will the August vitriol be this summer? 

A list of the updated worth of their players?

How much better their players are and how only one or two of ours would make their bench?

How our heads will fall off this season, again , as they retake their position as the City’s premier club?

Lauding new photos of their imaginary arena and laughing at our ‘ Pigeon Loft ‘?

They have a nice Cuckoo Clock, and live in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Nil Status Nice Optimism.

The state of some of these Evertonians profiles on Twitter "Bitter and Proud". "Supporter of the Senior club in the city". "1=20, Kopites are Gobshites". Usually fat bald obnoxious  pricks in their 50's trying hard to maintain some form of rivalry with Liverpool because they have none with any other club. Hanging on our coat tails is the only way for them to stay relevant.  I like the way that they believe that the more they hate Liverpool, the more it defines them as an Evertonian. 

They are sad pathetic cunts and completely obsessed with us. 

• Upvote 3

If they actually do get to build this stadium it will completely bankrupt them. They've left it too long now and the top six are further away from them.

The Esk was going on about them losing 2 more commercial partners and no one replacing them. So their income either remains stagnant or decreases. They've just got another shit shirt deal from Umbro and wouldn't disclose how much it was. Their gate revenue for the whole year will remain around the 14m mark.  

1 hour ago, Champions of Europe said:

Nothing will ever come close to the joy of winning No.6. But seeing how it burns, it burns, it really burns them. Well that just makes the whole thing even better. 

Had they just ignored it, not said a word we wouldn't have this extra enjoyment. Everton gives us far more joy than it gives to its own fans. 

The thing that is absolutely brilliant for me is it occupies everything in their life. Maybe it's just me and the "nation" is wrapped up in all of this women's football stuff. I couldn't be less interested myself, but the idea of some women's international game somehow pulls their thought process back to us winning number 6 is just fucking great. I couldn't even begin to see where you could join up those dots, until a blue does it for you. They can't walk down the shops without a pidgeon flying past and it reminds them of number 6, because the poor pidgeon winessed Alisson's jammy save against Napoli or something. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

If they actually do get to build this stadium it will completely bankrupt them. They've left it too long now and the top six are further away from them.

The Esk was going on about them losing 2 more commercial partners and no one replacing them. So their income either remains stagnant or decreases. They've just got another shit shirt deal from Umbro and wouldn't disclose how much it was. Their gate revenue for the whole year will remain around the 14m mark.  

Yep they're fucked. 

They had pinned all of their hopes on winning the commonwealth games bid, and having their stadium subsidised. They are already miles behind, just look at what the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham spent on transfers during the building of their stadiums. They are big clubs with a decent amount of cash coming in, and they still needed to penny pinch to get by. No idea how Everton are going to manage it. 

On top of that, I don't even think they've received planning permission yet. They are getting giddy before they even know if they are allowed to build the thing. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Aventus said:

Yep they're fucked. 

They had pinned all of their hopes on winning the commonwealth games bid, and having their stadium subsidised. They are already miles behind, just look at what the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham spent on transfers during the building of their stadiums. They are big clubs with a decent amount of cash coming in, and they still needed to penny pinch to get by. No idea how Everton are going to manage it. 

On top of that, I don't even think they've received planning permission yet. They are getting giddy before they even know if they are allowed to build the thing. 

They haven’t submitted plans yet

7 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

The state of some of these Evertonians profiles on Twitter "Bitter and Proud". "Supporter of the Senior club in the city". "1=20, Kopites are Gobshites". Usually fat bald obnoxious  pricks in their 50's trying hard to maintain some form of rivalry with Liverpool because they have none with any other club. Hanging on our coat tails is the only way for them to stay relevant.  I like the way that they believe that the more they hate Liverpool, the more it defines them as an Evertonian. 

They are sad pathetic cunts and completely obsessed with us. 

In there 50s, fat and bald? What would that have to do with anything ? They’re not obsessed with Liverpool , bitter yes, but I don’t know any Evertonians who are actually obsessed , obviously you’ll get the odd prick and LFC have their fair share as does any other club , football has plenty of prick fans, up the Redmen , Everton under the arm

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

In there 50s, fat and bald? What would that have to do with anything ? They’re not obsessed with Liverpool , bitter yes, but I don’t know any Evertonians who are actually obsessed , obviously you’ll get the odd prick and LFC have their fair share as does any other club , football has plenty of prick fans, up the Redmen , Everton under the arm

Not just obsessed but low enough to use the deaths as a scoring point, quite a lot of evertonians are just human scum. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

Not just obsessed but low enough to use the deaths as a scoring point, quite a lot of evertonians are just human scum. 

I’ve a lot of bluenose mates , most are, none are human scum though. Obviously saying shit like that is pond life stuff but I think saying things like that ,as well as plenty of other stuff around the footy world is a trend over the past, we’ll many years now, with fans of today. Nothing worse than seeing some prick football fan shouting abuse with an angry grid in the crowd and the over exuberance of others over footy .

l love LFC and football but it’s hard to keep the faith with all the bollocks that surrounds it, fans included. Maybe this should be on the shitness of modern football, perhaps the shitness of the modern football fan thread?

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I’ve a lot of bluenose mates , most are, none are human scum though. Obviously saying shit like that is pond life stuff but I think saying things like that ,as well as plenty of other stuff around the footy world is a trend over the past, we’ll many years now, with fans of today. Nothing worse than seeing some prick football fan shouting abuse with an angry grid in the crowd and the over exuberance of others over footy .

l love LFC and football but it’s hard to keep the faith with all the bollocks that surrounds it, fans included. Maybe this should be on the shitness of modern football, perhaps the shitness of the modern football fan thread?

My best mate is a blue and isn't scum, but there are plenty of them that are. And everton already are the shitness of modern football. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Champions of Europe said:

My best mate is a blue and isn't scum, but there are plenty of them that are. And everton already are the shitness of modern football. 

I’ve come across some shit mind , while watching the Kiev final in some pub , I was stewing at the bar when Salah went off then they scored , and someone jumped up shouting Allez Allez and all that , I exploded to call him all kinds , he was a blue waiting to go on a cruise, felt embarrassed mind and like a dickhead footy fan, but I’d been thinking of fuck all else all week plus the People’s club bollocks , but I don’t understand some of the viciousness that sometimes gets spouted , Social Media/ Football fan.

Id never want them relegated, I’d like them to do well , obviously always below us, miss the Derby for one but even that has a more sinister tone to it these days which is shit , the shitness of modern football, fan and people in general.

• Downvote 1

We should buy a small piece of waterfront further down the Mersey and erect a big fuck off electronic board that alternates between the message ‘WELCOME TO LIVERPOOL - HOME OF LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB’ and our list of honours. First thing ships see incoming.

• Upvote 3

Most football fans exist to celebrate their teams' achievements. Good or bad, highs and lows it's all part of supporting your club. Even the worst teams will sometimes have something that is classed as a high, often the worst teams have dedicated fans that actually celebrate how poor their team is and wear it as a badge.                                                          

Then we come to everton, and I think that there are a few things at play here. 

1. They think they are better than they actually are. They won't get the highs that most other teams get because they simply don't recognise them as highs. Once they know their place they might start to enjoy being a blue instead of enjoy winding up reds. 

2. Their club reinforces the hate. Since that useless twat Moyes arrived they've been all about hate, dividing the city, drawing attention away from the football and how poorly their club is run and directing it towards us. You have teenage everton fans calling teenage Liverpool fans murderers. Very little of their support is directed at their players, in fact they generally direct hatred to them for not being at the level they believe they should be at They declare themselves 'bitter and proud' which is just lunacy and would be a genuinely interesting study for some psychologists. 

3. Their club is mainly responsible for where they are. A lot of blues can see through the bullshit and know that the redshite rage is just a convenient smokescreen for poor investment in the club and squad. 

I read a lot of reds saying they would be better off being relegated, mainly to calibrate their lofty expectations. Then I read that their stadium wouldn't pass the required regulations to be allowed back into the premiership. Is it our fault they never invested in their stadium? When about 90% of your support consists of winding up or hating reds, when you cannot even have red in your house, not at xmas or not any other time. When you are buying football shirts of our rivals in major finals and title races in order to have something to take your mind off the painful existence you live each day. Then you're not just obsessed, you're a poor excuse for a human. 

• Upvote 12

24 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I don't get the whole city is ours thing. It's nonsensical.

It’s cos they have to claim something and it’s easier to claim something that isn’t really measurable and tangible. 

They cant claim to be the most successful, or have the biggest stadium, or the highest attendance as they are easily measured. 

They cant claim to have better players         ( even though they try) as although this is harder to measure, we can point to success and other things like individual players standing in the game to dispel this one. 

So, they jump on things that don’t actually mean anything and are just opinion and slogans like “ people’s club” and “ the city is ours” they will find some tenuous way to argue and it’s harder to shoot it down cos there is no real measure of it. 

Its the the reason why they have gone all in for “ senior club in the city “ all it means is we were here first. They are so desperate they count everything as an achievement 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

We should buy a small piece of waterfront further down the Mersey and erect a big fuck off electronic board that alternates between the message ‘WELCOME TO LIVERPOOL - HOME OF LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB’ and our list of honours. First thing ships see incoming.

Got just the thing:

On 09/06/2019 at 15:17, Doctor Troy said:

FB_IMG_1560088324740.jpg

Heck, Lonsdale will pay for it!

• Upvote 2