You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, Angie81 said:

Is it just me or is that Gomez not that good? People are saying £22 million is good money, yes it is, for Barcelona. They couldn’t wait to be rid of him. I’m sure he was voted in their top 5 worst signings of all time.

Getting any player with a bit of talent or resale value for 22m is good business nowadays, so you can't criticize them for it. That said, he accomplishes very little with his talent, seemingly thrives with lower expectations and has shown he belongs at a mid-tier club. So yeah, he's perfect for them. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Getting any player with a bit of talent or resale value for 22m is good business nowadays, so you can't criticize them for it. That said, he accomplishes very little with his talent, seemingly thrives with lower expectations and has shown he belongs at a mid-tier club. So yeah, he's perfect for them. 

So their whole excitement for this player is really based on the fact they bought him for £22 million. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

So their whole excitement for this player is really based on the fact they bought him for £22 million. 

They probably rate him. I mean, he's probably the most talented midfielder they've had since Arteta despite the fact he's had a disappointing career thus far.

But objectively it's good business because the fee is quite reasonable.

5 hours ago, Angie81 said:

Is it just me or is that Gomez not that good? People are saying £22 million is good money, yes it is, for Barcelona. They couldn’t wait to be rid of him. I’m sure he was voted in their top 5 worst signings of all time.

Prices are mental. We want 12m for Ryan Kent, in that world Gomez is good value at 22m. But is he any good? Well from what I've seen of him, I'd say he's where he belongs, a decent midfielder in a mid table team. He has some really good games and loads of shit ones. If he had loads of really good ones, Barca wouldn't be selling him. 

15 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Everton Twitter is just like a parallel universe. Saw some slagging off Mane for saying he'd rather win the African Cup of Nations over the Champions League with us. I haven't seen one Liverpool fan complain about what he said. Yet to Evertonians it's such a big deal.

Makes me laugh the way they will pick holes in our great players saying Gerrard never won the league, Kenny Dalglish was too slow, Ian Rush failed in Italy, Salah is a diver. 

Yet all they do is worship some fella no one alive has seen play because they heard he scored 60 goals in one season, a drunk permanently injured alehouse centre forward who scored in a few derbies and got an Everton tattoo, and a couple of players who had one or two decent seasons. 

Ferguson is about the equivalent of Andy Carroll to us. 

Why are they comparing our player to their players? What did they win last season? Why can't they compare for example Trent and Robertson. I mean it's clickbait shite at it's worst and laughable really. 

We are in a different league to them, we pay more for much better players that will operate at the highest level. They are a shop window where players go to hopefully move to clubs that win trophies. While enduring shit results against shit teams and being boooed by their fans. 

Had any decent clubs been sniffing around for either of those players then they would have been off like a bitter at half time. 

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

They probably rate him. I mean, he's probably the most talented midfielder they've had since Arteta despite the fact he's had a disappointing career thus far.

But objectively it's good business because the fee is quite reasonable.

Yep, i mean its Gomez or...

See the source image

9 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Ferguson is about the equivalent of Andy Carroll to us. 

In terms of games played and goals scored, Drunken's (12?) years with Everton is comparable to Heskey's (3?) years with us.

In terms of trophies, there is no comparison. 

One of these men is considered a legend; the other is widely derided.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

In terms of games played and goals scored, Drunken's (12?) years with Everton is comparable to Heskey's (3?) years with us.

In terms of trophies, there is no comparison. 

One of these men is considered a legend; the other is widely derided.

Yeah, but did Heskey take his shirt off and go off his head when he scored v the Mancs, did Heskey have a tattoo and did he beat any burglars up? That's what makes a real legend. 

• Upvote 2

Richarlison is out of the Copa America after contracting mumps. I got that way back in the mid-80s, just a week before starting primary school and I had to miss the first fortnight. My old infant school was just down the road from it so loads of kids moved up to this primary school, and yet I was placed in a class where everyone else was from a different school so I didn't know anybody at first.

Ill Satis Richie La Got The Mumps.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Must be murder for them stewing all summer on our CL victory to win number 6 and then the latest stuff about their Unicorn Stadium. 

15 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Must be murder for them stewing all summer on our CL victory to win number 6 and then the latest stuff about their Unicorn Stadium. 

No, they’re convincing themselves with every fibre of their being that we won a glorified carling cup, the irony totally lost on them that they can even win a carling cup. Out of all the fan bases they’re definitely the ones with the least self awareness.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
20 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

No, they’re convincing themselves with every fibre of their being that we won a glorified carling cup, the irony totally lost on them that they can even win a carling cup. Out of all the fan bases they’re definitely the ones with the least self awareness.

They live for and revel in their bitterness, it's the only thing they're good at.