You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

Shaky foundations in Happyville.

davek

Player Valuation: £70m

Yes but that debt is off Evertons books which allows the club to have better finance options from the banks, we were paying a stupid amount of interest on those debts which were stopping the company from growing as a business

Moshiri taking the debt off Everton is like a reset on the business side of things allowing the club to be run better and smarter than before, the debt still needs paying of course, but it no longer amounts massive interest payments, Moshiri will get paid back when the business is healthy and profitable
I think a couple of posts off @Neiler last night put this debt situation into context:

I’ve been saying it on here for a couple years mate, we are in our worst financial state as a business in our history. We are posting a loss this year of about 71 mill (after selling Vlasic) and carrying big external debt. Not to mention the wage bill being unsustainable. We are in a worse position then pre take over financially currently. That’s before we look to fund a ground. You know I’m not a man to jump on an owner if I don’t think it’s justified. But I’m concerned about us, our running and ownership and where it’s all heading.

Worryingly Moshiri buying shares last week to 75% means theoretically he can change the nature of the unsecured loans to us and look for repayment.

Without being drip fed again (you know I’m not a fan) the business is in a shocking state and can’t stand on its own two feet.

No one cares though, as long as we drink the KoolAide look like we’re signing players and have 3D images of grounds.

Moshiri looks like he’s taking big risks with our welfare to me, unless he wants to pump more wedge in, but even if he does he now has the means to trigger repayment now.
I think the key thing is everyone wants a positive owner myself included, everyone wants to hope and progress. It’s hard to argue with cold hard numbers though. Losses, debt, wage bill, living beyond our income.

Getting to 75% of shares has made me suspicious, he can now call in any investment now or in the future deemed previously as unsecured or termed equity unopposed by any shareholders.

The stadium will happen in my personal opinion, I think it’s part of the motivation toward an end game, but the smoking gun is going to be the funding model.

Fundamentally, what’s guiding me here is the business is a mess verging on basket case and instead of putting the breaks on (should have been done last summer) weve speeded up, using largely credit and debt and we don’t look like stopping.

Whatever way you cut it ("off the books" etc), the reality is that the club have the best part of a £350M debt hanging over it from personal loans, corporate borrowing and a credit facility.

That should concentrate minds more than Gomes re-signing (as good as that news is).

"I genuinely fear for them". No I dont , fuck em.

• Upvote 3

If the finances are that bad I really don't see how the stadium is built. Its not going to bring enough to cover the costs for years. The only reason to build it is so it's looks a better asset to sell, but if they have debts of 300ml amd a stadium that's going to cost what 5/600ml by the time it's done. Who the fuck is paying a billion for Everton. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If the finances are that bad I really don't see how the stadium is built. Its not going to bring enough to cover the costs for years. The only reason to build it is so it's looks a better asset to sell, but if they have debts of 300ml amd a stadium that's going to cost what 5/600ml by the time it's done. Who the fuck is paying a billion for Everton. 

Whosemanov

7 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Jon Bon Jovi added to their ever growing cunt list. They hate more people than Bernard Manning did.

No, Dave, that’s how you deal with hecklers. It’s a bit of fun. Not the heckle, but Jon BJ in full Redshite action.

Was at his concert in Denmark a couple of weeks ago. He's completely lost his voice and the rendering of old classics was a disaster.

That said if he really shouted six times my estimation of him has gone right back up, and will gladly pay up again next time he is around. 

Next Tuesday.....

Dave Wiggins
@DWiggo

Bit unprofessional of that Pink to use the name Pink at Anfield when there are Evertonians who’ve paid to see her there tonight. Pink is too close in colour to Red. She should have changed her name to Purple, which is neutral between Blue and Red, to show some respect to paying customers.

• Upvote 2

No No No!

image.jpeg

https://www.anfieldhq.com/everton-striker-cites-liverpool-fightback-as-inspiration-for-england/

Everton star Dominic Calvert-Lewin says England can draw inspiration from Liverpool’s now-iconic Champions League fightback against Barcelona, according to the Mirror.

The Three Lions Under-21 international will take on Romania tonight as his side try to conjure their own miracle comeback after defeat to France left their semi-final hopes hanging by a thread.

However, the 22-year-old is confident England have it in them to progress in the competition.

READ: Brazi legend explains why Mohamed Salah is so hard to stop

“When you’ve got things like that happening in the Champions League and Europa League. And in the seniors as well…. we have to take inspiration,” he said.

“We are aware of where we sit in the group and the task at hand. But the plan doesn’t change.

“We have full confidence that we can achieve what we want to achieve.

“If it’s not in our hands at the end of the group then it’s not. We have to take care of what we can.”

Calvert-Lewin played regularly for Everton last season and hopes to continue his form in the remainder of the Euro U21 tournament.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Whenever i see Everton fans discussing their Unicorn stadium i am reminded of this little bit of Larson Genius

What-your-dogs-hear-when-you-yell-at-the

• Upvote 4

Jesus, this Davek is one nasty fucking cunt..................

davek

davek

What is their obsession with European Royalty? Could never understand why they are forever calling other clubs plastic either. They are the very definition of a manufactured club. Most clubs can trace their roots back to their amateur days but Liverpool were built on greed. Manufactured from thin air to cash in on Everton's success after their owners tried shafting you over Anfield.
If you use a pop analogy, Everton are the Beatles and Liverpool The Monkeys.
You cant kill tens of people in European competition and claim to be part of any elite of clubs. You just cant. They have an indelible black mark stain on them. People on the continent hear the name Liverpool and they're as much known for Heysel as they are any victory they ever had in a European Cup.

They're killers. That's their lasting legacy. A club that should never have existed in the first place, as they've taken so many lives. It just wasn't worth it.

Royalty this and 6 times that...It cant paint over their sinister past. It never will.

13 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Jesus, this Davek is one nasty fucking cunt..................

davek

davek

What is their obsession with European Royalty? Could never understand why they are forever calling other clubs plastic either. They are the very definition of a manufactured club. Most clubs can trace their roots back to their amateur days but Liverpool were built on greed. Manufactured from thin air to cash in on Everton's success after their owners tried shafting you over Anfield.
If you use a pop analogy, Everton are the Beatles and Liverpool The Monkeys.
You cant kill tens of people in European competition and claim to be part of any elite of clubs. You just cant. They have an indelible black mark stain on them. People on the continent hear the name Liverpool and they're as much known for Heysel as they are any victory they ever had in a European Cup.

They're killers. That's their lasting legacy. A club that should never have existed in the first place, as they've taken so many lives. It just wasn't worth it.

Royalty this and 6 times that...It cant paint over their sinister past. It never will.

They'll still be going on about Heysel in 35 years time.

Posting on that shit show was funny at first just to wind them up with thinly veiled digs at them but it got boring really quick when their only come back were Murders this, Always the victim that.

They're the biggest bunch of weirdos and fanatics since ISIS.