You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Shaky foundations in Happyville.

davek

Player Valuation: £70m

Yes but that debt is off Evertons books which allows the club to have better finance options from the banks, we were paying a stupid amount of interest on those debts which were stopping the company from growing as a business

Moshiri taking the debt off Everton is like a reset on the business side of things allowing the club to be run better and smarter than before, the debt still needs paying of course, but it no longer amounts massive interest payments, Moshiri will get paid back when the business is healthy and profitable
I think a couple of posts off @Neiler last night put this debt situation into context:

I’ve been saying it on here for a couple years mate, we are in our worst financial state as a business in our history. We are posting a loss this year of about 71 mill (after selling Vlasic) and carrying big external debt. Not to mention the wage bill being unsustainable. We are in a worse position then pre take over financially currently. That’s before we look to fund a ground. You know I’m not a man to jump on an owner if I don’t think it’s justified. But I’m concerned about us, our running and ownership and where it’s all heading.

Worryingly Moshiri buying shares last week to 75% means theoretically he can change the nature of the unsecured loans to us and look for repayment.

Without being drip fed again (you know I’m not a fan) the business is in a shocking state and can’t stand on its own two feet.

No one cares though, as long as we drink the KoolAide look like we’re signing players and have 3D images of grounds.

Moshiri looks like he’s taking big risks with our welfare to me, unless he wants to pump more wedge in, but even if he does he now has the means to trigger repayment now.
I think the key thing is everyone wants a positive owner myself included, everyone wants to hope and progress. It’s hard to argue with cold hard numbers though. Losses, debt, wage bill, living beyond our income.

Getting to 75% of shares has made me suspicious, he can now call in any investment now or in the future deemed previously as unsecured or termed equity unopposed by any shareholders.

The stadium will happen in my personal opinion, I think it’s part of the motivation toward an end game, but the smoking gun is going to be the funding model.

Fundamentally, what’s guiding me here is the business is a mess verging on basket case and instead of putting the breaks on (should have been done last summer) weve speeded up, using largely credit and debt and we don’t look like stopping.

Whatever way you cut it ("off the books" etc), the reality is that the club have the best part of a £350M debt hanging over it from personal loans, corporate borrowing and a credit facility.

That should concentrate minds more than Gomes re-signing (as good as that news is).

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

davek

Yes but that debt is off Evertons books which allows the club to have better finance options from the banks, we were paying a stupid amount of interest on those debts which were stopping the company from growing as a business

Moshiri taking the debt off Everton is like a reset on the business side of things allowing the club to be run better and smarter than before, the debt still needs paying of course, but it no longer amounts massive interest payments, Moshiri will get paid back when the business is healthy and profitable
I think a couple of posts off @Neiler last night put this debt situation into context:

I’ve been saying it on here for a couple years mate, we are in our worst financial state as a business in our history. We are posting a loss this year of about 71 mill (after selling Vlasic) and carrying big external debt. Not to mention the wage bill being unsustainable. We are in a worse position then pre take over financially currently. That’s before we look to fund a ground. You know I’m not a man to jump on an owner if I don’t think it’s justified. But I’m concerned about us, our running and ownership and where it’s all heading.

Worryingly Moshiri buying shares last week to 75% means theoretically he can change the nature of the unsecured loans to us and look for repayment.

Without being drip fed again (you know I’m not a fan) the business is in a shocking state and can’t stand on its own two feet.

No one cares though, as long as we drink the KoolAide look like we’re signing players and have 3D images of grounds.

Moshiri looks like he’s taking big risks with our welfare to me, unless he wants to pump more wedge in, but even if he does he now has the means to trigger repayment now.
I think the key thing is everyone wants a positive owner myself included, everyone wants to hope and progress. It’s hard to argue with cold hard numbers though. Losses, debt, wage bill, living beyond our income.

Getting to 75% of shares has made me suspicious, he can now call in any investment now or in the future deemed previously as unsecured or termed equity unopposed by any shareholders.

The stadium will happen in my personal opinion, I think it’s part of the motivation toward an end game, but the smoking gun is going to be the funding model.

Fundamentally, what’s guiding me here is the business is a mess verging on basket case and instead of putting the breaks on (should have been done last summer) weve speeded up, using largely credit and debt and we don’t look like stopping.

Whatever way you cut it ("off the books" etc), the reality is that the club have the best part of a £350M debt hanging over it from personal loans, corporate borrowing and a credit facility.

That should concentrate minds more than Gomes re-signing (as good as that news is).

A transparent attempt to flush out the new Steve0.

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

davek

I said a couple of years ago that Moshiri seems very Hicks and Gillett. 

• Upvote 1

The raw figures from Swiss Ramble on Twitter looked really dodgy for the 2017/18 season, I can't imagine they're much better now as they had no European football in 18/19 and nobody they could move on for decent money. They sold £140 million worth of players in 16/17 and 17/18, and would have lost over £100 million in 17/18 without player sales. Despite making all that money, the stand out was the really high wages to turnover ratio at 77%, and the fact that nearly 70% of their turnover is derived from TV money.

2 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

I had a look on their transfer thread and they seem to have signed Iniesta in his prime from Barca instead of someone who looked way out of his depth there and looked a bit better for a worse team with no pressure. 

You obviously missed him playing our pedestrian midfield off the park in the derby. 

11 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Can see Everton fans treating it as a joke in the replies and responding with all the good grace they showed red Ron's Christmas tree

I had to have a look. 

There's a few taking it as the joke it was meant to be. The rest of the replies can be divided up between (a) talking about us, (b) comparing the price to what we paid for Keita, (c) public declarations that they're closing their Paddy Power account. 

Heads falling off, again.